main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Viewing the CW Episodes - SW.com or CartoonNetwork.com?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TiniTinyTony , Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Well I know Cartoon Network is going to have commentary from the creater. So which site would be better to download the episodes from? Thoughts?

OK, [b]Ghent[/b] from starwars.com has said that no direct links to any of the AOL hosted files (or bootlegs) are to be posted here. That includes the sniffing and pasting of URLs embedded in Hyperspace pages.

You [i]can[/i] discuss the US-only free smaller-screensize version on starwars.com and cartoonnetwork.com.

And Hyperspace members, I guess, can talk about how to retrieve the file from their cache and / or save the file using Quicktime Pro.[/color]

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    SW.com == Hyperspace.
    Cartoonnetwork.com == Non-Hyperspace.

It's that simple.

:)

3. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    The hyperspace commentry is really for us geeks. The Cartoon Network commentry is simpler, it is for those who are not too familiar with Star Wars.

Also, the HS versions are bigger and better quality then CN.com.

CN.com episodes will only be up for a short while, whereas HS should be up for a long, long time.

4. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I'll probably go with both, depending on when i get hyperspace.

Which one will let you download the episodes onto your computer?

5. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    As I've said before, everything is downloadable, some is just harder than "right, save target as...".

You can go into your Temporary Internet Files and get it from there after you've watched it, but you need to know what you're doing in order to find that folder.

6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Two words: Download Accelerator

I'll definitely download the better quality episodes at SW.com, but I will also want the ones with the commentary. With a 56K modem is the only reason I ask...

7. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    everything is downloadable

I thought I heard the CN ones were streaming. ?[face_plain]

8. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    What does that mean [face_blush] ?

9. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
  10. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    This definition probably sums it up better than I could:

STREAMING

Playing sound or video in real time as it is downloaded over the Internet as opposed to storing it in a local file first. A plug-in to a web browser such as Netscape Navigator decompresses and plays the data as it is transferred to your computer over the World-Wide Web. Streaming audio or video avoids the delay entailed in downloading an entire file and then playing it with a helper application. Streaming requires a fast connection and a computer powerful enough to execute the decompression algorithm in real time.

11. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    OK, so I know what that means now. But still, everything on the net is downloadable ;)

12. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    There's no word yet on how big the HS Episode files will be is there? I'm hoping for the bigger the better. I mean... are we talking about watching these cartoons on Quicktime about the same size as that 'Raid on the Droid Control Ship' deleted scene on Hyperspace?

13. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    if the temporary internet files method doesnt work (99/100 times it does...)

then (for internet explorer-- other browsers will have slightly different methods...):

goto VIEW>SOURCE. you get the source code for your current website. if you know html (or are good at guessng :D) then you can see what the embedded file is...

14. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Nifty. I'll give it a try.

15. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    There's no word yet on how big the HS Episode files will be is there? I'm hoping for the bigger the better. I mean... are we talking about watching these cartoons on Quicktime about the same size as that 'Raid on the Droid Control Ship' deleted scene on Hyperspace?

No, they will be bigger.

16. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Thankfully, I'm at college, with a nice fast internet connection... it doesn't take files too long to download here. Is it possible to download things directly to a CD ?

17. stephengraves

stephengraves Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2001
    Er, the cartoonnetwork.com ones can't be accessed from outside the US, can they? In which case I'm screwed, as I can't afford Hyperspace, and I live in the UK. Kazaa it is, then... :)

SG

18. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Who said they're not avaliable in the UK?

I don't see why they wouldn't be.

19. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    This OS news article says that the lower quality streaming version of the Clone Wars cartoons will only be available to US based internet users (near the bottom of the article).

The HS versions though, will be available worldwide. :D

20. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Well there you have it.

21. stephengraves

stephengraves Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2001
    Fair enough. I'll get my mate to video them, or just d/l them from Kazaa. You can try and stop people downloading things, Lucas m'boy, but you'll inevitably fail! Ahahaha. :)

SG

22. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    LOL stephen! I'll be sitting in front of my TV set starting tomorrow night video taping all the episodes; easier and takes less time than d/loading online, and legal too! ;) :p

23. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I wish that I had cartoon network...

24. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Do I qualify as a uber-geek if I tape *and* download the episodes??

25. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Only if you watch them both at the same time. And then buy the DVD, and then eat the DVD so you can become *one* with the episodes.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.