main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Virginia GOP introduces bill to instrumentally RAPE all women who want an abortion (seriously)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    There's nothing in Even's post to indicate he thought you editing after the fact was an act of cowardice.

2. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    My opinion has been that women should be provided visual evidence of the fetus, on the grounds that it might significantly affect the decision the mother makes.

I have not advocated telling the mother how she should feel about the photos.

In the same way, doctors are able to tell expectant mothers whether their child will be born with certain defects. He doesn't tell her how she should feel about it.

And I don't mean this to be condescending, but I know this topic is a big deal to you, and I appreciate the restraint you are showing.

You are right. He used the word convenient. Maybe he will clarify for us what he means by convenient.

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    An excellent point.

So I have a question for you. If women such as Katana were able to pass laws dictating what you could and could not do regarding your body, specifically that part, would you have objection? Let's say for example, they for some reason, a law was passed making it mandatory for all men over 45 to have a vasectomy. Would you object to that? How do you feel about chemical castration?

You believe you have more knowledge about your body than Katana. Would it not be fair to say she and other women likely have more knowledge of their own bodies as well? In general, would you agree that the best person who knows their body, tends to be the person who's lived with it? It may not always be the doctor who knows best. It may not be the husband. And it may not be Congress.

What I fail to understand then is how any person can pass judgment without actually being in a situation that warrants a decision like this. It is frequently stated that childbirth is a pain that really cannot be compared to anything men sustain. Likewise, I imagine its difficult for women to exactly feel the same pain of a kick to the groin that some men have felt. Having a child is a life altering decision and the decision to terminate a pregnancy is hardly and easy one for any woman to make. Sometimes, its a terrible event such as a rape, other times its a bad choice, and sometimes its women who just can not have a healthy pregnancy due to their age. To put any of those groups through what amounts to a physical and mental torture via this examine for having to make an already emotionally torturous decision makes me ill.

4. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    It would depend on what their reasoning was.

I certainly wouldn't dismiss their opinion solely because they didn't have penises (or is it singular, a penis?).

The whole argument about knowledge is ridiculous.

The decision a woman makes regarding abortion has to do with her INTERESTS. It has nothing to do with some secret (inaccesible-to-men) knowledge.

Which of the arguments that I have made does this address?

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I'm hearing now that this bill was NOT killed, and actually moved forward. Virginia's "personhood" bill was killed, but not this one.

6. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    let's discuss your magnificent penis some more

7. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Let's discuss yours, Juli.

8. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I have one, guys. Can I have an opinion about it?

9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Do you feel more or less intelligent for having it?

10. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    I am of the opinion that women should be provided with the chest bursting scene from Alien, on the grounds that it might significantly affect the decision the mother makes.

11. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Well considering it's what makes me a man, and men are automatically more intelligent...DUH.

12. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    What are your thoughts on instrumental rape?

13. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Hell, for that matter, provide them with footage from an actual birth in real time, complete with pooping, tearing, and delivering the placenta.

14. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I was frankly caught off guard by the placenta. Both times. The second time was just as surprising and freaky as the first.

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Quix, thanks for the reminder of why I was happy to have a C-Section. I only have a physical scar instead of a psychological one regular would have caused.

16. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Aren't you sorry you couldn't take advantage of the natural laxative? :p

17. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    I don't think many people would agree that that scene in alien would influence a mother's decision one or another.

It's just not relevant.

Would you also recommend showing them the Halloween episode of Modern Family? What about the sixth game of the 1996 World Series??

As gross as that is, I see no reason why that information shouldn't be shared with women.

18. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    McDonnell (the governor of VA) changed the use of transvaginal ultrasounds to abdominal ultrasounds in the bill, fyi.

19. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002