main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Visiting Out of Towner

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by BaseDeltaZero, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    I will be heading down to Tampa/FL area all next week for a vacation.

Anything happening in the area I should check out?

We are heading to Disney, MGM, and the Cirque Du Soleil (if we can get tickets).

2. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Welcome to Florida!!
    You might check out the Star Tours part of MGM studios and the new pins for Star Wars. Also the 100th year anniversary of Walt Disney's birthday. Try the big FAO Schwartz store on International Drive. They used to have a huge Star Wars display and may still have it. Huge X-wing on the ceiling, costumes, etc., a real must see. The beaches are great if you get a chance to get to either coast..of course we like our Clearwater beaches here.
    Have a great time and let us know how your vacation was when you get home. BTW where are you from?
    May The Force Be With you!!!

3. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    If you are a roller coaster enthusiast Busch Gardens is a must. The Aquarium is okay, but if you (have some extra) dough, go to Sea World.

Where are you from? While you are in Tampa you really need to eat both a Cuban Sandwich (publix makes one of the best for a large chain) and Cuban food (I recommend Pork/Ropa Vieja and Black Beans).

The water is quickly becoming warm which is great for just mellowing out. Unless you want the whole nightlife bit, stay on the west coast. Longboat Key and the Sarasota area have the best beaches because they have shade which some beaches do not.

Not sure what else is considered a Tampa "thing".

We have a digital theater not too far off and Disney (since it sounds like you will be there) has an excellent 24 screen theater (with one digital auditorium).

You should go to Orlando's forum to ask about Disney and other themepark specifics as I am sure lots of people there can give you some good advice (notably use FAST PASS(TM) ).

Good luck with your vacation,

--Joey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.