main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Waking Up Skywalker (AU L/M)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by lukemaraben, Nov 13, 2012.

1. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks for the reviews!
    tag list: Jedi_Lover Lady_Misty Book-Geek Hazel Briannakin WeAreJedi Tribaldancer

Chapter 3​
    1:00 AM at the Riding Rancors:

“So, I pull out my blaster and shoot…missed by a freakin’ mile.” Mara slurred and giggled. “Kriffin’ Rebel got lucky.”

“Sure he was…probably got vaped later on.”

“Poor man. He was good looking too.” Mara pouted. “Not nearly as cute as you…”

Luke blushed, or maybe it was the ale he wasn’t sure. “You think I’m cute?”

Mara smiled slyly. “Hmm…”

They downed a few more shots. Laughing like idiots when most of the ale missed their mouths.

“I haven’t done this since….” Luke stopped.

“Since when?”

“After Bespin. Lando insisted on cheering me up.”

“Yeah well after Wayland…I’m pretty sure I was smashed for about two weeks straight.”

“Kriffin’ Sith.” Luke muttered.

Mara raised her glass. “A toast: To the Sith Lords who smash the dreams and hopes of the young.”

Their glasses clanged together.

“Good ridden.”

~​

Talon Karrde glanced at his chrono again for the third time in five minutes. Mara was late. The woman was nothing but efficient yet this was her third day of being late. Not just five or ten minutes, yesterday she had been two standard hours late.

Talon heard the door hiss open and looked up to see Han Solo enter the room.

“Solo.”

“Karrde, your assistant said you were waiting for your next appointment.”

“So, I am. Miss Jade seems to be running very late today.” Talon mused.

Han’s eyebrows shot up. “Yeah.” He scoffed. “Cause she’s been spotted all over with Luke. The press is going nuts.”

“Interesting.”

“You didn’t know?”

“Mara’s personal life isn’t my business. Perhaps you should enlighten me.”

“Can’t. Leia sent me to ask you what you knew.”

“Where have these sightings been?’

“Various cantinas. Mainly around a cantina called the Riding Rancors.”

“Strange. Mara was to meet a client there three days ago.”

“What happened?”

“Client was a no show.” Talon shrugged. “But that’s business.”There was a long pause. “Skywalker you say? Very interesting…”

~​
    Of the nearly 300,000 cantinas on Coruscant Luke and Mara had asked around at only fifty. Out of those 300,000 only 90,000 performed marriages in back rooms.

The two now had a system in place. Every cantina they went to they asked the bar tender one simple question, “Did you see us at some point (insert number of days back) during that night?” Simple question but received some bizarre answers; “Yeah, saw you on the holonet.” Or “Wished I’d been with such a stunning woman as yourself.”

Needless to say both Luke and Mara’s patience was wearing thin and tempers were short.

“After all this I’m petitioning the NR to outlaw backroom chapels.” Luke muttered.

Mara nodded in agreement. “How is it that we’ve covered all cantinas close to the Riding Rancors, your apartment, my apartment, and still have zip?”

They were approaching their eighth cantina of the day called, Honeymoon Delights.

“That’s disturbing.” Mara mused.

The outside décor of Honeymoon Delights was just as vomit worthy as the name. The building was neon pink, and underneath the name was a huge red heart glowrod illuminating the scrolling letters.

“Looks like a bad advertisement for Sweethearts Day.” Luke commented.

Mara shuddered.

They entered the cantina, to find the inside just as pink as the outside.

“Whatever happened to grungy old-fashion cantinas?” Mara groused.

“Luke!! Mara!!” A male Twi’lek greeted as he rushed over to the pair. “How’s the honeymoon? Come back to chose your planet of choice? I recommend Capza – beautiful place!”

Luke and Mara glanced at each other.

“But honestly there are so many wonderful places.” The Twi’lek continued. “Come I will show you the brochures! Come!” He motioned excitedly.

“I think you misunderstood…” Luke started. “We aren’t here to look over honeymoon options.”

“But you’re newlyweds.” The Twi’lek looked absolutely crestfallen.

“So, we were here three nights ago!” Mara cut in.

The Twi’lek nodded. “To kick off your honeymoon.” His eyes took on a glazed look. “It was beautiful… I had not seen such passion between a man and a woman in so long.”

“Passion!” Luke paled.

Luke preferred to keep his life, he did not need the Twi’lek telling Mara that there had been passion involved. Force knew, Luke was already skating on thin ice when it came to Mara’s feeling about him. The whole drunk induced marriage crisis was not helping in winning any friendship points with the stunning red head.

The Twi’lek nodded. “Ohhh! You couldn’t keep your hands off each other. So naturally, I thought when you walked in today it was to continue on the topic of honeymoon locations.”

“Look,” Mara’s eyes had a dangerous gleam to them as she pointed angrily at the Twi’lek. “He’s not my husband. It was a mistake. We were drunk. Now tell us did we say where we were at before coming here?”

“No! Only that you were madly in love! “ The Twi’lek’s eyes darted from Luke to Mara and back again. “ You’re not in love?”

“No.” Luke and Mara replied in unison.

The Twi’lek shook his head sadly. “You are so perfect for each other. People today! No, one has time for love.” He punched a fist into his other palm. “Then I saw you two, three nights ago…sure you guys were drunk, but it was real.”

Luke and Mara left the Honeymoon Delights a few moments later feeling less then victorious.

“Our first lead, and we’re once again back to square one.”

Luke really was not paying much attention to Mara’s ranting. “But it was real…” The Twi’lek had said and the poor man believed that statement with his whole being, Luke had felt that through the Force. Could the Twi’lek be on to something of which Luke and Mara were not aware?

“Poor delusional being…he thought we were in love.” Mara sighed.

“He didn’t just think it. I’m fairly sure he completely believed us to be.” Luke commented.

“We were drunk.” Mara stated flatly.

“Yeah, and Vader was a Sith.”

“What are you saying…you think we are sub-consciously in LOVE?”

Luke shrugged. “Seems unlikely given our past.”

“You come up with the most bizarre ideas, Skywalker.” Mara laughed.

Luke and her in love! Hoth would have to melt before that could ever take place.
    ~​
    Mara was still amused by the mere thought that her and Luke could be in love an hour later when she entered Karrde’s office.

“Busy day?” Karrde asked smugly.

Mara sat down in the chair opposite Karrde and began to retrieve her datapad.

“No work today, Miss Jade.”

“I’m really not up to any surprises…” Mara started. She had had far too many the past few days.

“I insist. Therefore I’m giving you a two-week leave. Paid, mind you.”

Mara raised a brow.

“You see,” Karrde continued. “I just received word that Lando Calrissian has uncovered something of interest to me. So, I won’t be needing you for a while since I’ll be leaving in an hour.” He said glancing at his chrono.

“Isn’t this a bit sudden?”

Karrde shrugged. “Probably, but it’s a chance for you to take some time off. Since I know how much fun you’ve been having with Skywalker.”

Mara visibly stiffened. “You do?” She inquired.

Karrde nodded. “Never saw Skywalker as the drinking type.”

Karrde was clearly fishing for information, but Mara was not about to fall for it. Information was Karrde’s stock in trade and news about Mara being married to Luke would be valuable information if sold to the right person.

“Don’t let those farm boy roots fool you.” Mara replied.

Mara left Karrde’s office a few minutes later, and after stopping by to check on some last minute details headed home.

As the turbolift dinged to single Mara that she had reached her floor she was suddenly very aware of the commotion on the other side of the door.

The door hissed open to reveal a big, curly haired man who upon seeing Mara said, “Ahhhh, Mrs. Skywalker.”

“Do I know you?”

He nodded extending his hand to her. “Trat Hoffer. I bought your apartment three nights ago.”

TBC

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Lol! This just gets better and better!

AzureAngel2 and lukemaraben like this.
  3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wow, Mara even sold her apartment. It's true love alright. Loved the first scene [face_rofl].

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol! Yes! Yes! Yes!

If Mara sold her apartment, that must have been one WILD night!

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] -- Subconsciously - very subconsciously -- but true nonetheless. It's just all those drinks took away their guards, especially Mara's. ;) And since Mara sold her apartment, woot! something-something was going on LOL at the very least in the back of her mind, if not in the back of a hovercar. [face_laugh] [face_dancing] LMB, looking forward to the honeymoon. [face_batting] [:D]

6. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Sold her apartment??

[face_rofl]

Let this be a lesson to all of you boys and girls: never drink so much that you forget what you do.

7. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Geez, Luke and Mara, what did you NOT do that night?

I can't pick a favorite scene in this chapter, because I loved it all! It's perfectly, absolutely brilliant and I can't wait for more!^:)^

8. WeAreJedi

WeAreJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    She sold her apartment, and Karrde just left town!!!!! Great chapter! Can't wait for more.

9. Voxynking2

Voxynking2 Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2012
    MORE, MORE, MORE!!!! haha, loved the flash back!

10. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
  11. Tribaldancer

Tribaldancer Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2012
    OMG!!!! HAHAHA!

12. Belle1214

Belle1214 Jedi Padawan

Sep 11, 2012
    Oh, I'm hooked...."Mrs. Skywalker" bahahahahahahah

Tag please XD

13. immertreu

immertreu Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2012
    [face_rofl] This is so great!

Could you tag me, please?

14. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_rofl] I've read stories like this in other fandoms, but I'm loving the SW spin here!! And Mara sold her apartment. That's awesome. They had one amazing night!! [face_devil] Can't wait to read more.

15. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    [face_laugh] been on vacation so I just found this. LOL what a riot! [face_laugh]

16. lukemaraben

Sep 2, 2012
  17. lukemaraben

Sep 2, 2012
    Tribaldancer Belle1214 Belle1214 immertreu WeAreJedi

Chapter 4
    Mara stared bug-eyed at the man.

“You don’t remember?” He asked.

“May I see the deed?” Mara choked.

“Certainly.” Trat said as he handed her a datapad.

A quick scan revealed a legitimate sale, dated three days prior and signed with Mara’s signature. It didn’t escape Mara’s notice that she had signed her name Mara Jade Skywalker.

Mara glanced back up at Trat and gave the man a brittle smile. “Well Mr. Hoffer, you won’t mind if I pack my stuff?”

“Course not.”

On the outside Mara was a vision of serenity as she quickly packed her few belongings…on the inside though Mara was boiling. She was going to kill Skywalker! His farm boy charm wasn’t going to save him this time, oh, no.

“And once again, congratulations on your marriage.” Trat said as he showed her to the door a half-hour later.

Mara smiled politely. “I’ll pass along your good wishes.”

Mara caught an air taxi five minutes later, and on the ride towards Luke’s apartment Mara spent it reliving five years of plotting and dreaming about how best to kill the stupid Jedi.

She quickly paid the driver and thanked him then stalked into the apartment building. Glaring at anyone who even so much as thought of getting in her way. Mara slapped her hand on the turbolift call button and waited impatiently for the lift to arrive.

Once the lift arrived Mara entered and once again, maybe with more force then needed, punched the button for Skywalker’s level. Mara was not even bothering to hide her feelings in the Force. Luke might as well know that Mara was coming because she fully intended to tell Luke what she thought about his latest trick.

The lift reached the intended level, and Mara wasted no time marching down the hallway and banging on Luke’s door.

Luke opened the door a moment later. “Hey.”

“Shut up.” Mara hissed pointing a finger at him. “Because of your little stunt I sold my apartment!”

“Look, Mara,” Luke began but stopped. “You sold your apartment! What for?”

“Yes! Because you decided to get drunk and marry me!”

Luke’s eyes narrowed. “You’re blaming me?”

The icy glare was the only answer Mara gave Luke. Hands on hips and foot tapping impatiently Mara’s gaze could have frozen Tatooine.

Luke folded his arms across his chest. “I don’t suppose you found out anything useful.”

“I sold my apartment…I was little preoccupied.” Mara snapped.

“I see that. Preoccupied and blaming me for something you did.”

Mara cursed and went on to mutter something about hating smart Jedi.

“Hate is of the dark side, Mara.”

“Shut up! Before I kill you for real.”

The pair stared awkwardly at each other for a long time and when Luke could not take it anymore he asked, “So, are you staying with Karrde now?”

Glancing at her chrono, Mara shook her head. “He just left the planet.” Mara said as she stared at the floor looking very dejected.

“You can stay here.” Luke offered. “I’ve got a spare room. It’s set up for the Solo kids but your welcome to use it.”

“Thanks.”

Luke stepped aside and gestured inside. Once inside the apartment Luke showed Mara to the guest room. “Make yourself at home.”

Mara glanced around. There was a bunk bed set on one side of the room and another smaller bed against the other wall. “Does Leia dump you with the kids a lot?” Mara asked as she set her bag on the single bed.

“I wouldn’t say that. It’s more like they like to come over when I’m planet side.”

“I’m sure Han and Leia must enjoy the break.”

“Probably.” Luke mused.

Mara was not exactly sure why she cared. It did not matter to her how much time Luke spent with his niece and nephews, and yet Mara had bothered to ask. “We should go talk to Trat Hoffer. He’s the one who bought my apartment.”

Luke nodded. “At least we know where to find him.”

~
    After picking up some dinner Luke and Mara arrived at her old apartment three hours later.

Trat Hoffer opened the door after only a knock. He seemed surprised to see Mara but offered a warm welcome. “What can I do for you Mrs. Skywalker?”

Mara noticed Luke stifle a laugh at Mara being referred to as Mrs. Skywalker. “It’s just Mara.” Mara corrected giving Luke a dirty look.

Trat nodded agreeably.

“I left here a bit quickly earlier and forgot to ask, just how did you learn I wanted to sell my apartment?”

Trat glanced at Luke then back to Mara. “You don’t remember?”

Mara gave a weak smile. “Humor me.”

Shrugging Trat replied. “It was strange really. I was at Zip’s and telling him that I was looking for a place.”

“Who’s Zip?” Luke asked.

“Zip. He owns Zip’s Pawn Shop.”

Luke raised a brow and exchanged a glance with Mara. “Were we at Zip’s Pawn Shop?”

Trat nodded. “Looking at rings actually.” Trat paused. “Anyway, Mara came up to me and said she was looking for someone to buy her place. I suggested a price and she quickly agreed. I must tell you after seeing the place…I got a steal!”

Mara paled. “I just took your offer! No sort of haggling or anything?”

“Nope.”

Sensing Mara was loosing her cool, Luke quickly thanked Trat for his time and led Mara to the turbolift.

Once in the lift Mara exploded. “Sith! I don’t believe it!”

“At least we have another lead.”

“Not only am I out an apartment…I practically gave it to him!!!”

“Maybe this goes to prove you shouldn’t do business drunk.”

“Skywalker, you are walking a very fine line.”

The lift doors opened to the lobby, and Luke’s reply was lost as Mara suddenly exclaimed. “There’s the client that stood me up!”

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Well at least they have a lead or two.

19. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    hahaahaha Mrs. Skywalker. Has a nice ring to it, Mara!!! [face_mischief]

20. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Great chapter. Mara is going to kill someone before this ends.

I'm glad to see this updated.

21. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    This just keeps getting better and better! [face_laugh] Sooo, Mara sold her apartment for a song, was in a pawn shop looking at rings, and is now bunking with Luke? Further hilarity is sure to ensue.

22. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Just give up Mara and give in to his Farmboy charm. :p Nice update!

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] A pawn shop -- wow! :p I'm with Jedi_Lover Mara needs to give into his charm; if she doesn't want to, we want her to [face_laugh] [face_dancing]

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hehehe! I predict either a kiss or a slap in the near future.

25. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    I loved Luke's line of 'At least we know where to find him'. Uh oh, this guy who stood up Mara is in trouble. I don't care if it just was a buisness meeting, you don't stand up Mara Jade. Skywalker.;) Can't wait to see what the trip to the pawn shop will reveal!

lukemaraben likes this.