main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Warwick Updates

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by vampyregodz, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vampyregodz

vampyregodz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2003
    Everything is set for Friday if you need directions please PM me...

Warwicks people have contacted Greg today and they asked that only 501st troopers be in costume...so if the group members can wear their shirts instead of costume that will be great!

This is more of a security measure than anything else...

Greg also informed me that he has and will be selling Leprechaun and Willow posters at the store prices for the different posters will range from 15-30.00 ea, and of course Warwick will have an array of 8x10's available....

The store # is 813-654-8122
    the address is 2498 West Brandon Blvd
    Brandon, FL 33511

if you get lost please call Sheila's cell 813-767-4922

Signings will take place from 7pm till 9pm

2. Allysium

Allysium Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    I won't be able to attend the event due to a concert.
    However, I don't understand how other costumes would be a security issue.
    What is the difference in security between a 501st Troopers and a Jedi costume? Makes no sense to me.
    Plus, I thought that this was a Fanforce event, with the 501st and Rebel Legion attending. So much for bringing everyone together and having all of us be able to wear our costumes.
    I understand that this was Warwick and his people saying no other costumes. I just don't understand the difference in security between the outfits.
    We are fanforce because we are fans. I'm sure that other fans will show up in costumes or with lightsabers. The only thing that makes us different, is that we are all communicating through a group.
    Hope you all have a good time.

3. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    I agree with Annie...I amvery disappointed in this and it seems very strange that someone would say that. You can hide a lot under that armour on some troopers.!!?? If I do get to come it will only be for a short time..have to work early on Sat. and prepare for the coming storm.

4. SithFan1977

SithFan1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    i think the ewoks have defected to the empire! how else could you explain it? yes, i am very angry that this has occured. why is the 501st for trustworthy that us? it seems like they discriminated against us for not apparant reason. this problem needs to be fix, if they future of star wars to be even brighter. the "fans" need to unite, and stop this infighting.
    remember: fight the good fight; not each other.

[face_frustrated] please dont feed the 501st [face_frustrated]

5. davallyn

davallyn Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    Hello All! I must say that I was upset by this announcement as well. I think that it is not that the Stormtroopers are more trustworthy but that they clearly stand out as one group whereas the rebels (even the Jedi) are so varied. With the FanForce wearing T-shirts and the troopers in armor, the security team can easily tell who is who.

6. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    Unfortunately I will not be able to make the event tomorrow, but I wanted to make a suggestion. Anyone who wants to wear a costume from the Fanforce, Rebel Legion, or 501st should have a badge or lanyard like the ones we wore at the movie premiere. That would eliminate the security problems and allow everyone that wanted to come in costume the opportunity to do so. You could even use the ones from the movie premiere just show them to Warwicks security before hand so they know what to look for. Vampyregodz do you think you could speak to them about this and maybe find out before tomorrow if it's possible?

7. skyshark93

skyshark93 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2002
    This IS upsetting. Fan-force invited the other groups, had I not put out the invitation, there would be no stormtroopers there in costume. I put the word out to the other groups that all costumes were welcome, and I gotta tell ya, people are going to show up in costume anyway. I for one have no intention of telling Leighann she cant dress up, she's had been looking forward to this alot. Will that be a problem?
    Joe, is there anything that can be done? Remind them that it was the Fan-force, not the 501st or RL that rallied up the costumes.
    Thanks

8. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    [face_shame_on_you] Individually as a fan, I would wear my costume to any place I felt like wearing it unless it was a "by invitation only" type of event. I thought this was a signing opened to the public. I am public and if I want to dress like Alanis Morresett as GOD in Dogma or a quiet Jedi monk or someone who the little leprechan has bumped off, I should be able to. It is not like we are being allowed to watch a movie being filmed or in a hospital or some closed venue where there are stringent rules. Is it that Davis's people are afraid we may steal some of his thunder? Or that Star Wars fans are considered dangerous fanatics that can't be trusted? It is insulting and discrimanatory.[face_beatup]

I am wearing what I worked so hard to have ready for Friday night and I am going out to a movie in character afterward. If they bar me from the door, then I won't be patronizing their establishment. [face_not_talking]

9. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Hear, hear!!! I went through the same feelings when I read this last night!!! This is a free country...is it not?! I'm in costume darnit!!

10. vampyregodz

Apr 30, 2003
    hey guys, sorry i couldnt post earlier i had to get a few belts done for a rush order...This has nothing to do with Sign Here Autographs, if you want to wear your costumes please do, this is Warwicks people, we could honestly care less...I guess Warwicks people feel more secure with the 501st group...and i had Greg tell them we are all in this together (501st, Legion, TBDS, etc) it is just their request and I am obligated to pass their wishes along... I still think this will be a killer group activity, one way or another....Bert I do appreciate all your help and i will go and post on the 501st now too!

Once again, its their request that people do not come in costume except for troopers but no one will be refused admittance due to wearing a costume, its just the request of Warwicks people!

Joe

11. SithFan1977

May 19, 2005
    i wish you would have told me that before i posted on the 501st boards. i was professional in my speech, and if they dont like it, well to bad

12. Allysium

Allysium Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    "What did you do Ray?" *Ghostbusters 1984*

13. SithFan1977

May 19, 2005
    stay puff marshmallow man, lol

14. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Well, depending on the weather this could be a wet event and windy! We'll see what mother nature hands us.

15. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    Matt has a good idea with the badges from the movie event, if you still have them bring them and wear them tonight to this event, it will show who we are at least. And please do show up in costume so we can show them we will not take this kind of treatment and be shut out like this by anyone. Again this is not a 501st problem this is Warwick's idoit people telling the shope owners to tell us not to show up. We will not be shut if we do so go ahead and show up in costume anyway, but PLEASE play nice with all the other kiddies there, remember who are and the group you are with tonight Tampa Docking BAy 1138 does not need any bad news about it. Again PLAY NICE tonight.

And above all else have fun out there tonight, thats what its all about.

MTFBWU tongiht

16. Skaught

Skaught Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    I'm sorry you feel that way, SithFan1977. As was made clear in the first post, this was not the 501st's fault. We've done nothing wrong. To say, "if they dont like it, well to bad" is just plain rude. You asked "when will the bloodshed end?" Well, when you give up the attitude you're exhibiting here. In reality, you owe an apology, not a "too bad" response.

I don't think the "no costumes other than the 501st" from Warwick's people makes much sense, either. But we're just innocent bystander's here. I appreciete those here who recognize that we had nothing to do with this. We were happy to be invited. The 501st Legion holds high costume standards, which had enabled us to work directly with Lucasfilm, Disney, and high level vendors like Burger King, Master Replicas, Pepsi and others. Yet people give us flak for our standards and accuse us of being "elitist" because we don't allow low quality costumes into the club. I make no apologies for that. It our high standards that allow us, just average fans with above average costumes, to do the cool stuff we do.

Scott Will

17. SithFan1977

May 19, 2005
    i apologized, for that i will admit. but to take everything i said out of context like that? what i meant was that any person who read by posts, whether they like they or not, is entitled to his or her own opinion. it was not an angry post, i was one of concern. I just got into this, and cant understand why the groups cant share the space. we are all fans. view my opinion as an observer: the guy in the back taking notes. when i posted that it was to outreach to a anyone who would listen. for bad timing, cause after i posted i was told it was warwicks people who okayed the costumes, no you guys. so by mistake. I dont judge you, scott. i met you at the baywalk premiere for sith.

18. Skaught

Skaught Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    I didn't take what you said out of context. I was simply offended by your "if they don't like it, too bad" comment. The Florida Garrison has never excluded FF from any event, so your post was a mystery to us. If you have an issue with what another Garrison has done, it would be best to take it up with that Garrison.

Scott

19. vampyregodz

Apr 30, 2003
    Please remember Ross & The rest of this group....this is not Greg (the shop owner) or Warwick... its his people, they feel comfortable with the 501st...Like i said i was just passing along the request of his people... one thing I will not tolerate is anyone taking attitude about this...I am the one that made this event known to the group and I will not risk my 10 year friendship with Greg over something none of us have no control over...

So please everyone this can be a fun time, Warwick is in town, he has a very reasonable signing fee, and I am working on a discount for 501st and TBDS members on posters etc at the shop just please see me before you purchase...

Sheila and I will be there at 6pm if you have any questions or concerns please see us!

Joe

20. vampyregodz

Apr 30, 2003
    Can you tell me where there is infighting???

21. SithFan1977

May 19, 2005
    among fans. does anybody remember when u were made fun of in school for being different? well, i do. we get a chance to do something that makes us happy, and hang out with others that enjoy the same thing. i refer "infighting" to the fans. question: am i gonna get my butt kicked tonight? just need to know if the first aid kit is neccesary

22. seswa

seswa Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    please no butt kicking!!

lets all just have fun! whether in or out of costume!

(even if i wanted to i could wear my costume b/c i get outta work and have to go right there to help greg get set up!)

23. SithFan1977

May 19, 2005
    you guys im just kidding, i have fought somebody since i was 10. i meant because alot of people are mad at me

24. SithFan1977

May 19, 2005
    so, checking in: whos all gonna come tonight?

25. skyshark93

skyshark93 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2002
    I just want to re-iterate that this is NOT the doing of the 501st, as a member of all groups I will be the first to tell you that we were just innocent by-standers, as Skaught already said. Tonight, come in costume if you want, no one is going to deny you entry, Leighann will be accompanying me and will more than likely be in costume, if she isn't, it will be due to her current health and nothing else, she's had a cold all week.
    This kind of "rivalry" between groups is EXACTLY the thing that I have made my personal mission to eliminate. I always encourage everyone I meet to be part of more than one group. I believe that if you're in the 501st, RL, or both, you should also be part of the Fan-force, for after all, we are all fans. On the same token I encourage anyone in the Fan-force to put a good costume together and join the 501st, RL or both, and while I am aware that not everyone in the Fan-force is into costuming, the invite stands just the same. I am always happy to help with costumes and have at times been taken wrong when pointing out a mistake in someone's costume, we dont mean to be "costume nazzis", we just want to help everyone have the best costume possible.
    Anyway, let me not get away from the topic here, tonight, and anytime for that reason, that we are out at an event with another group, do not come with an "other group: attitude, rather with a "one group" because we are all fans here, we should all act as one group, after all, you might end up joining other groups eventually. Tonight I will be in full armor, obviously that means that I will be representing the 501st, and if Leighann suits up, she will be RL, that does NOT mean however, that we will not be representing the Fan-force as well. We ahve never been anywhere where, when asked, we dont put out info on all 3 groups, and in our own minds, we are there as part of one big group. I recommend that we ALL behave this way, tonight and at any other event, believe me, it is more fun, you meet more people like you, and you give a good impression for all groups.
    My two cents, lets all go out as one group and have fun tonight.
    Later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.