main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Was Han Solo actually just a cold blooded killer?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by George Roper, Nov 30, 2012.

?

Cold blooded killer or Good guy?

1. Cold blooded killer

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. Misunderstood good guy

19 vote(s)
    73.1%
  1. Star Wars age 9

Star Wars age 9 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 29, 2012
    Hi kenneth,
    Interesting about RotJ. Solo's just so sidelined and uninterested during that film. Yes Ford wanted to be killed off in it and he really was just a passenger in it.

2. Yoda944b

Yoda944b Jedi Padawan

Oct 9, 2011
    I believe that Han Solo was just a misunderstood good guy and there is numerous amount of proof in the movies for example he came back to help Luke destroy the Death Star 1 in the 4th movie and in the 5th movie he helped the rebellion win the battle of death star 2 in the 6th movie. There is your proof.

3. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    Considering his original disinterest in saving Leia, I would say that Han could switch back and forth between misunderstood good guy and cold blooded killer.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  4. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Not wanting to run around a heavily garrisoned military installation to save someone you don't know isn't what I would call "cold blooded".

ILNP and Star Wars age 9 like this.
  5. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    If Han shot first, then he is a cold-blooded killer AND an a-hole. Fortunately, he didn't!

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    He's somewhere in between. If he were a cold blooded killer, those Imperials on Endor wouldn't have been taken prisoner.

He's not really misunderstood, either. He makes himself pretty clear and most people have the opinion of him that he wants them to have.

I highly doubt Han being a cold-blooded killer would change my opinion of him, I'd still like him.

ILNP likes this.
  7. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    Han and chewie were both misunderstood characters but united they were warm blooded-killers, before they met the others and became heroes. :)

Yep, this fence is comfy!

ILNP likes this.
  8. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    How long does someone have to be pointing a gun at you bragging about how much your corpse will be worth before it can considered hostile intent?

9. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

Since he was rather offhand about it, yeah I would call him occasionally cold-blooded.

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the novel, there's a few extra lines:

Luke: "But they're going to execute her!"
    Han: "Better her than me."
    Luke: "Where's your sense of chivalry?"
    Han: "Near as I can tell, I traded it for a ten-carat chrysopaz and three bottles of of good brandy about five years ago on Commenor"
    Luke: "I've seen her. She's beautiful."
    Han: "So's life."
    Luke: "She's a rich and powerful Senator. If we could save her, the reward could be substantial."
    Han: "Uh ... rich? Wait a minute ... Reward, from whom? From the government on Alderaan?" (points in the direction of hanger, and, by implication, where Alderaan used to be)
    Luke: "If she's being held here and is scheduled to be executed, that means she must be dangerous in some way to whoever destroyed Alderaan. You can bet it had something to do with the Empire instituting a reign of full repression. I'll tell you who'll pay for her rescue, and for the information she holds. The Senate, the rebel Alliance, and every concern that did business with Alderaan. She could be the sole surviving heir to the off-world wealth of the entire system! The reward could be more wealth than you can imagine."
    Han: "I don't know ... I can imagine quite a bit. All right, we'll give it a try. But you'd better be right about that reward. What's your plan, kid?"

11. Star Wars age 9

Nov 29, 2012
  12. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    I thought we weren't supposed to advertise outside the site? What's with the shameless spamming?

13. Star Wars age 9

Nov 29, 2012
    You should see the mega-bucks this is making for me. What with all the advertising banners plastered all over the webcomic, the shop, the fan-club, pay-per-view pages...
    If this is against the rules, please report me so a mod put set me straight. I don't wish to upset anyone.

14. Luisiana Jones

Luisiana Jones Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2012
    it is exactly the cold blooded han solo, the solo shot first han the character that i love and praise :p

Regards,

LJ

Star Wars age 9 likes this.