main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Watch out there is an Aussie near . . .

Discussion in 'Archive: Sweden' started by I_am_Kooky, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Kooky's a Coming!

Hi!
    I am Kooky, I am Australian and I am doing a Europe Tour.
    I plan on coming through Sweden between the 26th of October and the 30th Of October 2008. Theses dates are not rock solid yet.

I am not to sure on what to see and do as of yet, but I was hoping I could meet you guys for a day, and maybe you can offer some ideas on what to see and do in Sweden as the local opinion is the best.

(doing a similar Message to all Fan Force country's I plan to visit.)

2. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Hi there! I think we'd be more than happy to meet up with you and maybe show you around a bit! :) Do you know yet where in Sweden you'll go?

3. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    I would love to be shown around! I have no Idea as of yet where I will be, but I a few months to figure all this out. . .any suggestions?

4. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    I have a friend who lives in the south of Sweden, I have been invited over for a night or so. (apparently about half an hour away from Denmark)
    would I be able to met up with you guys some where?
    I have been through all the touristy sites and I am very excited about coming over.

(I continue to use English (in a non-English forum), so not to offend anyone by useing crappy internet translation sites. Is that okay?)

5. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    I assume you mean somewhere close to Malmö, is that correct? :)

Most of us in FFS live further north though, so I guess we're not very good at guiding down there. I'm not sure if I personally cam come down, it would be fun but it does cost money.
    I really like the south of Sweden (I was there a week ago), it's a very nice place. (Even though they speak a really weird dialect... :p)

And please, continue to use English! Even for those who are bad at English it is easier to understand than those weird translations you get online... I get a headache trying to decipher what people are trying to say when they use those. ;)

6. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Awesome!

I will be happy to come up to the north of Sweden to come and see you guys. I am getting this cool train ticket that (what appears to be true) will allow free train travel through most of Europe. (You pay a set price, get the ticket and go for it, . . .I am not sure, it still looked to good to be true, but it seems good enough - http://www.eurail.com/ )

7. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Hi all!!

I am coming through between the 27th to the 30th of Oct.
    I would love a meet and maybe a shown around, Name the city and I will do my best to be there!
    Do you guys have the northern Lights (The Aurora?) at the top of Sweden? Cause if you do, I would love to see the as well!
    PM me for my (Irish) Mobile Number!

8. Debran

Debran Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Hello Kooky.

Aurora Borealis (northern lights) can be seen at the end of October in northern Sweden. I don't actually know of much north you would have to travel. But a guess is at least to Sundsvall (half of sweden) but to be sure probobly all the way to Umeå or even more north. The problem is that most of the swedish members of FF lives in the lower third, and only a couple of us in the north.

But my couch is at you disposal if you think's it worth the effort. (and the weather permits some night-light)

9. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Well I think the Lights would be awesome to see, and At this stage I think i will visit the whole of Sweden, so I think I will manage to make it to where ever there is a FF member. I will continue my pathetic excuses for internet researching skills and see what I can come up with.

And if you are honestly offering a couch for the night, be warned, cause I will accept the offer.
    1. cause it would be awesome to met you,
    2. for the cultural experience, like to be in a house and normal life of the country, and
    3. although a couch is not a comfy as bed in a hostel, it feels so much better, safer then a bed in a hostel. And as I don't speak or read the language, I am so far out of my depth that, the couch would be a life saver!

10. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Don't worry too much about the language. Practically everyone in Sweden understands English pretty well.

11. Vader_Darth

Vader_Darth Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    I think you have to travel to Kiruna if you are going to see the Aurora Borealis in October.
    When I was in Kiruna this January I only saw the auroras once.
    If you are going to see the auroras, it depends how clear the sky is and of course it has to be during the night.

I live in the northern part (Umeå) and in October you can see the auroras here but it's not 100% guarantee, sry.
    So Kiruna would be a better place to see the auroras.

Hope you are going to have a nice visit to Sweden and that you like the country.

12. Debran

Debran Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Well well. hello. was some time since my last visit.

Well my couch is to you disposal. I'll promise you that. I have an examination the 28th. but after that I'm free.

As Vader_Darth said, we cant guarantee the nothernlights. But here in luleå it probobly should be some unless it's cloudy.

I have a site that predict the chance that the nothernlights will be visible on a cloudless night. I'll check it for details regarding the days your coming thru.

As I said before It's quit a trip to luleå from the rest of sweden. About 12 hours by train at a cost of approx, 65 Euro or about one hour by flight at a cost of approx, 100 Euro.

So I wouldn't recomend taking the trip just for the lights. Since no one can guarantee you'll see them.

But as I said, if you think it's worth the effort. Then my couch is at you disposal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.