main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp WE HAVE A NAME !!!! OH YA !!! (Warning EP3 Spoilers)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rotag21, Jul 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Well I guess it's a go.
    Let me know what you guy's think?

SeeYa !
    TK

Lucasfilm Unveils New 'Star Wars' Title

Email this Story

Jul 24, 10:40 PM (ET)

By ANTHONY BREZNICAN

(AP) Star Wars booth volunteer Edward Karl, dressed as a Stormtrooper, holds up a "Revenge of the Sith"...
    Full Image

SAN DIEGO (AP) - The final "Star Wars" prequel is just "Episode III" no more. Lucasfilm announced its new title Saturday: "Revenge of the Sith."

The movie, set for release in May 2005, will link the prequels with the original "Star Wars" trilogy by showing how Luke Skywalker's father, Anakin, went from a sweet-natured slave boy to the galaxy-crushing villain Darth Vader. The Sith is the evil sect that corrupts Anakin (played by Hayden Christensen) by drawing him into the dark side of the Force, the cosmic power that balances the universe.

Lucasfilm announced the new title at the annual Comic-Con International, the annual gathering of tens of thousands of sci-fi and superhero fans.

It was a risky move - some of the notoriously fickle "Star Wars" admirers initially bristled at previous prequel titles "The Phantom Menace" and "Attack of the Clones."

"Star Wars" creator and filmmaker George Lucas did not attend the event, but sent fan relations chief Steve Sansweet in his place.

Sansweet announced the title by pulling off a baseball jersey to reveal a black T-shirt emblazoned with "Revenge of the Sith."

"For some time now, the naming of a new 'Star Wars' movie has taken on some special meaning among core fans who love to take part in guessing games and speculation before a title is announced," Sansweet told nearly 6,500 convention attendees. "And then (they) engage in debate once it is ... so let the debate begin."

Minutes later, a sampling of audience members dressed as Jedis, stormtroopers and other "Star Wars" characters showed they approved.

"I thought it was great, I loved it,' said Barren Wright, 35, a graphic designer from Modesto who was dressed as the green-armored bounty hunter Boba Fett. "This takes it back to the classic trilogy, It's a smart move by Lucasfilm to tie it all together since the logo and everything is identical to 'Return of the Jedi.'"

(AP) Cutomers line up to buy "Revenge of the Sith" t-shirts at the San Diego Convention Center during...
    Full Image

Wright said the symmetry between the titles reflects the story lines.

Anyone who has seen the original "Star Wars" from 1977 knows that the good guys - that is the Jedi - would be wiped out by Darth Vader in "Episode III" just as Vader and his evil Empire were toppled in 1983's "Return of the Jedi."

In addition to the title, Lucasfilm also sent concept artist Ryan Church to show off drawings of a Wookie tree civilization from "Episode III" and played footage of Christensen's climactic light-saber duel - minus all the special effects - with co-star Ewan McGregor, who plays Obi-Wan Kenobi.

"Return of the Jedi" was originally to be titled "Revenge of the Jedi." Some advance promotional material even featured that title, but Lucas changed it later in production.

"This time, George tells us he's going to keep 'Revenge' in the title," Sansweet said.

He had one other announcement for fans: "Revenge of the Sith" T-shirts would go on sale inside Comic-Con's main hall in five minutes

2. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Heres the posting from Star Wars .com
    You may like to read it as well.

SeeYa!!
    TK

Special Announcement: Episode III Title
    July 24, 2004

starwars.com is pleased to announce that Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith is the full title of the next Star Wars film, scheduled for release on May 19, 2005.
    The Sith are masters of the dark side of the Force and the sworn enemies of the Jedi. They were all but exterminated by the Jedi a thousand years ago, but the evil order continued in secrecy. They operated quietly, behind the scenes, acting in pairs - a Master and an Apprentice - patiently biding their time before they could take over the galaxy. In Episode III, they'll finally exact their revenge on the Jedi.

The title was publicly revealed today in a special presentation to a packed audience of Star Wars fans at Comic-Con International in San Diego, California. "For some time now, the naming of a new Star Wars movie has taken on some special meaning among core fans, who love to take part in guessing games before a title is announced, and then engage in debate once it is," said Steve Sansweet, Director of Content Management and Head of Fan Relations for Lucasfilm. "Let the debates begin."

The title wasn't the only surprise for those in attendance at the presentation. Click here for news about even more Star Wars DVDs in 2004 and 2005, surprise celebrity guests, new planets in Episode III, and more...

First Revenge of the Sith T-shirt
    At the end of the Star Wars Spectacular presentation, Steve Sansweet revealed he was wearing a special T-shirt bearing the Episode III title, with a style reminiscent of the 1982 Fan Club Revenge of the Jedi logo and shirts available for a limited time before the final Return of the Jedi title was revealed. "If you're interested in one, stop by the shop at the Star Wars pavilion, where they're going on sale just about now."

If you're not at the show, don't worry... you can order your own retro Revenge of the Sith shirt now available exclusively here at StarWarsShop.com.

About Episode III
    After three long years of relentless fighting, the Clone Wars are nearly at an end. The Jedi Council dispatches Obi-Wan Kenobi to bring General Grievous, the deadly leader of the Separatist droid army, to justice. Meanwhile, back on Coruscant, Chancellor Palpatine has grown in power. His sweeping political changes transform the war-weary Republic into the mighty Galactic Empire. To his closest ally, Anakin Skywalker, he reveals the true nature of power and the promised secrets of the Force in an attempt to lure him to the dark side.

For the latest updates on the progress of Episode III production, subscribe to Hyperspace: The Official Star Wars Fan Club.

3. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    I love the name and am pretty stoked about the movie. I can't wait!! Though I'm not sold on the packaging for the figures just yet... I can't beleive that it's only 10 months away from release!! :D

4. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    I've actually known about this title for a while now because I look at the Episode 3 news all the time. They had a poll on what you thought the title might be and most of the people said Revenge Of The Sith. I love the title and I can't wait for Episode 3.

5. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    I've actually known about this title for a while now because I look at the Episode 3 news all the time. They had a poll on what you thought the title might be and most of the people said Revenge Of The Sith. I love the title and I can't wait for Episode 3.

6. Overwhelmed_Jedi

Overwhelmed_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2004
    So, I can see that alot of my fellow manchvegas people dont talk much now do we?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.