main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL "We lost Tiree, lost Hutch." - The CF MIA thread.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Sithman, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Xmav is still around. The guy actually PM'ed me a few months back. Me thinks we should make an invasion on the SB boards.

Lars is good. I talk to him every month or so (note to Jeff: email Chad). The Lars family is now 4. Thay had a second daughter like 6 months ago I believe. I'll let him know he needs to get back on the boards. I know he travels weekly for his job, so him not logging on and spending time with his wife and kids is a good thing.

Two people I wonder about (if you can use the word people): NOT_JediJeff and ProfessorMurder.

2. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    And what about Shifty MacHaggis?

3. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I hear he got a life.

If only I could escape the same way...

-Le Penguin
    "Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!"

4. NOT_JediJeff

NOT_JediJeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2000
    Would ya, you freakin' loser? And the rest of your geek friends. Yeeesh.

5. TornJedi

TornJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2001
    I think I've been MIA for a good several montsh at the very least! Sorry about that. I read/post here every so often. Unfortunately, I have yet to make it to a CF event! Grrr. I'll try and make it one of these times, lol.

TJ

6. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    HELLO CF!! Mesa back! some what! Thanks Jeff, Yes it has been too long and I appreciate that a few of you still remember me! As JJ stated we have another little jedi. Chloe was born in Feb and having two little ones to train takes a lot out of me! Abbie turn two and she loves Star Wars!! The training starts out when they are born! Their room when baby's is my office which is decorated with Star Wars posters, figures and ships. So when I get home from work Abbie runs to the DVD center and pulls out either ATOC or TPM. Chloe will be following her sisters foot steps soon. I was planning on attending WOTC but had a trade show that weekend! I will be attending the Chicago Collectors club breakfast and show, so hopefully I will see some of you.

Life will hopfully slow down a little so that I can start attending some activities.

Later!

JediLars (Chadwick)

7. ThomSolo

Apr 21, 2002
    Welcome back, Lars! :) Are we going to see y'all at the BBQ this Saturday?

8. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Nice to hear from you again (no, Thom, I'm not talking about you,) and congrats on the Second Chosen One (still not about you, Thom.) Hope all continues to go well for the Larsen clan...

-Le Penguin
    "Don't be afraid to punch below the belt. Because violence is wrong. So if you're fighting, then you've already lost; so if yer losing, you might as well fight dirty. You're already at the party... might as well have a drink, right?"

9. ThomSolo

Apr 21, 2002
    No, Penguin, you've got it wrong... I'm the smart one, Jeff's the one with the ego...

10. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Great....Lars' plan to take over the galaxy with perfect blonde blue-eyed genetically superior geeks is in full swing.

So, when do you attack Raltiir?

11. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Bosh, That is Confidential information!! :) As for the BBQ, I might stop in after the collectors convention. The girls go down for their naps at 1 pm.

Later!

Lars

12. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    JediLars--good to hear from you, and congrats on the new padawan learner!

matt

13. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    Dammmmmm!!! Only 1 person missed me. Well, at least I was mentioned in the MIA List. Lars, is nice to hear from you again, and congrats on the new padawan.

14. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    more people missed you...
    we just didn't want to be redundant (sp?)

15. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Yeah, more people missed you but we didn't want to be redundant.

16. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
  17. TAUNTAUN_WE

TAUNTAUN_WE Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    Ahhh, memories....

Geez, the last time I was here the "Post Count Pumpin'" thread was only on page 60, Greg Maddox was still a Brave, and little Hawk-Bat was still a minor.

I see it's been nearly a year since my last post. I came across this thread while trolling across the board for the first time in a while and couldn't resist waving to the best group of geeks in the Midwest.

*wave*

For all those who have forgotten me (in other words, everyone, I know, I know), here's a reminder - my proudest moment on this board:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=13143055&start=13198750

Apologies to Hawk-Bat and Sithy - I know that post was at your expense (especially you, Peaches) but...ahh, the glory days of Fall '03.

So hello again, folks - nice to see some of the same old names still lurking about.

18. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I LOVE that thread.

~H~

19. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    [face_laugh]

I had forgotten about that thread/post. The early Sithy/Peaches dynamics--made for very good material. Ah yes, '03 was a good year of CFing for me.

Where have you gone off to the last year anyways, TaunTaun?

20. TAUNTAUN_WE

TAUNTAUN_WE Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    Where have you gone off to the last year anyways, TaunTaun?

You know, I'm not really sure....

Truth is, I guess real life overcame me for a while - a lot of work responsibilites, family, friends, etc., etc. etc. Next thing I know, a year has passed and I'm reading your well-timed post. Is it kismet? Is it destiny? Probably just a certain energy field created by all living things....

21. QuicksilverG4

QuicksilverG4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2003
    . . . Or just the omnipresent stench of neglected socks clogging the laundry hamper . . .

22. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Dunno if anyone remembers our last general meeting at Zephyr's before Episode II, but there was girl there who volunteered to do some sketch art for us...and then kind of disapeared.
    Anyway, she contacted me to say hello, and apologize for having been so shy, and disapearing.

Anyway, she's done pretty well for herself and is now an offical artist for Star Wars:

Check out her site

23. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    that makes sense...people usually stop hanging out with us when they find something better to do with their lives (a career, a spouse, cooler friends).

24. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Yep, when you're done with us, you can lose the weekly trips to the shrink, drop the meds and just start worrying about crabgrass and escrow.

25. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Yep, when you're done with us, you can lose the weekly trips to the shrink, drop the meds and just start worrying about crabgrass and gas mileage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.