main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN We need to talk (October/November meeting thread)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    I agree whole-heartedly with both of the last posts. The situation needed action, and maybe I took the wrong action, but something had to give. Mainly I knew that meeting at 6 p.m. on a weekday was the biggest problem, even though this had worked out in the past three previous meetings. With a new meeting location and new demands, things change though.

To give an example Minacia, you were saying that some members will be late, but that in the case of your chapter most were able to get there within an hour of starting. That to me is an acceptable situation, but we weren't talking about an hour in the case of our last meeting. If I am not mistaken, two people were there on time (one being me) Fenn showed up about 7-7:15, HD was in by 7:30 or so, and Padawan519 was there by 8 (which is totally understandable because I know you have a lot on your plate so don't sweat it).

Not only was attendance off by quite a bit, but the gap was closer to an hour and a half for the membership. That's why something had to be done, not only to get more folks in the room so we could continue to use it, but also to get our members in there closer to the actual meeting time. 7p.m. should hopefully accomplish this, and with the help of flyer advertising I hope we get our highest attendance ever in November.

At least that's what I am hoping and praying for.

2. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    I agree whole-heartedly with both of the last posts. --Jar Jar

Its good that you like cookies too.

3. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Mmmmmmmmm... cookies..

[image=http://www.duffzone.co.uk/grabpics/homer_slobering.gif]

p.s.>I like using the same images over and over again too, but here's one of my all-time favorites:

[image=http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jconnatser/hahanewbies.jpg]

P.S.: That is not meant as a slight to anyone that is a newbie here, it just cracks me up. It was actually made by someone on the RPF as a response to another poster.

4. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Another suggestion: When things get rough, bring everyone cookies. At least they would make BushiFox a happy camper. ;)

I think the 7:00 PM start time will help, Jar Jar.

Personally, I think the two main reasons folks show up late for FF meetings here in Atlanta are: 1. They sleep in too late on Saturdays, and 2. They get caught in traffic, which is rather unpleasant around here on the best of days. Heck, I'm the president and I've been 30 minutes late before, due to traffic. ;)

5. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    7 PM sounds good to me. Y'all do whatever is best for the majority-I'll work around it. If I can be there, great, if not, well, I'm probly working or studying :) I too want to see the group grow, but I realize that it takes time, and of course there will be the requisite rough spots. I look at it the way I try to look at life-you don't grow or learn from the things that come easy. We'll get through it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.