main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Wear Star Wars - Share Star Wars Day

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TNPredsFan, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Most of you have probably heard the story of Katie, a young girl who was picked on for liking Star Wars. Katie has received an outpouring of support on the internet, including LFL, Ashley Eckstein and others. The followup story can be read here.

A Facebook event called "Wear Star Wars - Share Star Wars" was originally created to show support for Katie and to let her know that Star Wars is for girls, too. Her mom has asked that it be rebranded and that everyone who wears Star Wars apparel on December 10 also donate a Star Wars/sci-fi toy to a local hospital or shelter. She also asks that you specify that your gift should be given to a boy OR a girl, not just a boy.

Lin and I will donating gifts in SMT's name. If anyone would like to participate, let me know and I'll coordinate the pickup and delivery.

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'm sure we've got some SW toys we can donate. Just let me know when you need them.

3. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    If anybody has some just bring them to the SMT party Saturday.

BTW- on Wear Star Wars Day I wore my SMT hockey jersey! Also wore it for Fox13.

SMT represent!!!

Lin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.