main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome To Your New City Forum!

Discussion in 'Archive: Melbourne, FL' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Oct 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Per the request of several folks, this forum for the Melbourne, FL area has been created. Congratulations! :)

Although most of you were associated with the Orlando FanForce, and many of you already know the procedure for becoming an official FanForce chapter, I will go ahead and post what your group needs to know in order to become an official FF chapter.

To become an official FanForce chapter, you must hold three announced meetings, with at least three people (from separate households) in attendance at each meeting. When y'all have decided when and where to meet, someone needs to send me all the information so that I can post a meeting announcment on the FanForce website. All meetings must be posted on the FF website for them to count toward your official total. It is also a good idea to post meeting announcement threads in this forum, as well, so that folks who visit here will see it.

The FanForce FAQ has answers to most questions that anyone might have. However, please contact me if you have any questions or concerns that the FAQ does not address. I can be reached via private message or send an e-mail to minacia@fanforce.net. As the Southeast Regional Support Admin, I'm here to help.

Good luck! :D

2. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Thanks for all your help!!! :p

We'll have someone keep you informed as to the next meeting. <g>

Art

3. Imperial-Girl

Imperial-Girl Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2002
    Yay!!

Cheryl

4. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    Ever since I watch Neil step out onto the Moon while sitting on a dirt floor in Texas on my Grandmas lap, I have dreamed about space. (Grandma had crossed the Red River in a covered wagon as a young woman. SHe had finally seen it all.)
    The Space Coast, Melborne, and Titusville to be more exact were places of fixation for me. It was my promised land, because at the time, and still the case one of two places where man has left the cradle of it's birth. I'll never forgot the first time I drove into T-ville. There was very little there and the infrastructure looked like the farm I grew up on.
    I Loved It!! I still do till this day.
    This is why I am so mind-numbing, skull-splitting happy that a chapter has been established here.
    We as fans have lived in Reel Space. The fantasy of being there. Doing there. Living there. Now we have the most apropo landmark to base our fantasy. Well.... at least mine. Now Real Space is sitting in our backyards, and that, if I were an egomaniac, alone would give us braggin rights.
    What does give us bragging rights are that we are a close circle of friends that are always opening our arms to others that share the interest in all things Space, Science Fiction and Star Wars.
    I know this doesn't make sense. It barely makes sense to me. I am just so glad to be a part of this group, and I am so happy that it is in Melborne that we have for a fandom home.
    I am humbled by this opportunity, and my breath is taken away by the future.
    Thanks to Mistress Brightstar.
    Most of all..... thanks guys for letting me come around.
    Buzz

5. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    Yippie!!!!!
    I can barely contain my glee. :D

6. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    SWEET! When's the first meeting!

7. LadyDemoness

LadyDemoness Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2001
    I already got a rough draft of that logo I draw at the last meeting done up. I'll post it in the Website thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.