main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio What are you reading currently?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jade-Walker, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Just figured I'd start a topic of conversation.

I'm reading Dark Lord. I'm only like 7 chaps in. Still all with the Jedi. I like it though.

2. highmidichlorian

highmidichlorian Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2005
    I'm reading Darksaber, a little New Republic. Dark Lord is a nice easy read, I really liked how they show all the distrust between Vader and Sidious. I had been on a string of stuff Episode IIIish, so the old characters has been a nice break. Not a great book yet, but Darksaber is ok.

3. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    I'm currently reading the MedStar duology. About halfway through the first book, seems a bit different than what I'm used to. Good read so far, though.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Is that the Clone Wars/Barris Offee set? I've been looking for those.

I just picked up Shadow Hunter. Should be starting it pretty soon.

5. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I just read Shadow Hunter, it was pretty good! Right now I'm reading The Approaching Storm.

6. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Yes, it is. I got the hardcover duology from the SciFi Book Club.

7. phantom_panther

phantom_panther Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2005
    Um, has any one here read OutBound Flight??

8. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Not I, but it's on my list to pick up when I get the chance.

9. Fitzhume

Fitzhume Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    Heir to the Empire and The Half Blood Prince

10. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Ooooh! Heir to the Empire. Zahn is always good stuff.

I own Outbound Flight, but haven't started it yet. I am still working on Dark Lord a little at a time. But I am really enjoying the latter. :)

Medstar was fun. Different. Like MASH: GFFA LOL.

Half Blood Prince was good! Much better than Order of the Phoenix. I can't help but wondering how JK Rowling is going to wind up the whole series. We know that Harry and Voldemort are going to have to have a big showdown. But with the twists that she puts into her stories, I don't trust that Harry will necessarily come out on top!

And I have a sneeking suspicion that Dumbledore didn't tell all about that prophecy. Perhaps Neville will play a large role in the downfall of Voldemort afterall. ;)

11. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I'm reading the Unseen Queen currently. I'm almost finished it but I've been a little sidetracked by the V for Vendetta TBP. V is quite a bit different from the movie but they are both quite good.

This Swarm War trilogy has been pretty good as well. Denning is a good writer and Jacen isn't such a dink anymore. ;)

12. jasconsolojediknight

jasconsolojediknight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2006
    lets see in the last month and a half i have read all of the Dark Nest books again. Outbond flight project, Black feelt Crisis and right now I'm reading from the NJO Froce Hertic II Refugee for like the 4 or 5 time. I like most of the Vong war books. There are a couple that i can do with out. I'm looking forward to the new book do out the end of next month about Jascon solo.

13. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah. I am looking forward to that one coming out as well.

How did you like the Outbound flight? Was it as good as Survivor's Quest?

14. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Yes it was. Quest expalined in better detail what happen this allowed you to follow what happens. It leaves for Zhan to write many more books.

15. son-of-skywalker13

son-of-skywalker13 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 27, 2002
    ive been reading "america and the age of genocide: A problem from hell"

its just some light reading ...

16. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    That light reading.. I think i rather try the Webster dictionary for my light reading.

17. son-of-skywalker13

son-of-skywalker13 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 27, 2002
    hahaha yea its pretty depressing ..

18. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    I have started reading shatterpoint after everyone tue night said it was good.

19. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Just finished Shadow Hunter. Thought it was decent. Probably three and a half lightsabers out of five. Thought it could have done a better job of giving a fleshed out backstory to original characters earlier than they did. Also thought than an original character might have been a better use for the role Obi-Wan played in the book, as his appearance just seemed like "oh, sweet, I get to have Kenobi in my book!" from the author.

Next Star Wars read for me will probably be Dark Empire, but I have a few non-SW books to start on before then.

20. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I'm finally onto the third book of The Swarm War. The first two were fine and I don't expect any different for the third.

So, jasconsolojediknight, what was the verdict on Shatterpoint?

21. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    So far really good. I like how Mace explains things the way he see it. I'm also reading again for like the 6 or 8 time goblet of fire, and I'm reading a nice Chirstain book called Christian Wisdom of the Jedi Masters. I let you know how i like the ending.

22. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Jade-Walker have your herd about Zhan new book Allegiance. I know I'm going to want to own this one. Hopefully get to read about Mara more Darker past.

23. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Sorry about the late reply. Really busy lately with the Wedding reception and moving and all...
    But yeah. I saw that Zahn was in on the new series and was thrilled! Looks like they are going to try to make this next series of books more "tight" than the last one by using just a few select (and the best) authors rather than scattering a bunch of books around to several authors who have no idea about continuity.
    I'm reading Betrayed. And its definitely a typical Alston book--great dilogue and difficult to put down. Much better than the two that he did for the NJO.
    This new series is interesting at times because while it still has a lot of the big 3, it often features the children of the characters that we know so well--Jacen, Ben, Jaina...even Kell Tainer's son! (although his is just a mention so far).
    Some of the typical Allston/X-wing characters show up.
    Very good and highly recommended so far.

24. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Yes it was a good book. I cound not put it down either and once i got done i want the next one but i won't see that till about the end of this year. I like how they went into more detail about jacen solo and his past. Yes the way the author went with this book is much better then he did with the other in the NJO.

25. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I can't wait to get into the new series. However, I'm WAY behind. I finished Jedi Trial a week or so ago. Meh. Very underwhelming.

Now I'm reading Labyrinth of Evil. So far so good. Can already see Palps playing tricks with Anakin's mind about the Jedi vs Republic angle.

And if anyone cares, this will be post #44,999 for me. Yippee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.