main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What did you like about AOTC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Hogne, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hogne

Hogne Jedi Master star 1

Sep 21, 2004
    I wathced AOTC again last night to work myself up for ROTS. I was again reminded about what I liked and didn't like about the movie.

Since there are so many threads where some people are bashing the movie while others then defend it, I would rather try and concentrate on the positive side of the movie. So what did you like about AOTC?

Feel free to include negative things about the movie to compare it to the parts you did like.

2. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I have to admit, AOTC is my least favorite of all 5 movies. It's taken me a long time to warm up to it, and there are many things I do like about it.

1. The Soundtrack. Haunting and Beautiful.
    2. Coleman Trebor. My second favorite character of the PT just behind Darth Maul.
    3. Count Dooku. Always been a Christopher Lee fan.
    4. The Tusken Slaughter. The most important scene of the movie.
    5. Yoda vs. Dooku. Classic.
    6. The final scene where Palps is over looking what will become the Empire.
    7. The Clone Troopers. Super Cool.
    8. The sound fx on the transport ships.
    9. The Battle of Geonosis.
    10.The Cloning Facility
    11.Jango vs. Obiwan.
    12.Yoda and the Younglings. I like the humor, lighting, and music in the scene.

3. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    i liked everything about the movie, i mean there is things that i would like to see added but i think that the movie is good is the way it is. i really like the Count Dooku Fight scene, that was really good...

4. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Obiwan, private eye... SFX, VFX and CGI etc action type stuff. That's about it really. Star Wars has always been about popcorn chomping fun at the movies, not much more than that.

5. DeadDooku

DeadDooku Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 7, 2005
    I love Dooku! He to me is so much cooler and more powerful not to mention interesting than Maul. Dooku seems more like a Star Wars villain than Pokemon

6. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    2. Coleman Trebor. My second favorite character of the PT just behind Darth Maul.

I don't care if you find AOTC your least favorite of the five, you've just earned 5000000000000000 respect points from me :)

Oh, there are MANY things I love about AOTC, so this is only scratching the surface:

1. The story. Chillingly brilliant.
    2. Anakin. Yes, ANAKIN. IMO, Hayden did an amazing job.
    3. Obi-Wan. Now I always picture him as Ewan instead of Alec.
    4. Kamino. I LOVE RAIN :D
    5. The final action sequence--behind only 1984's Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and last year's The Incredibles.
    6. Count Dooku.
    7. Qui-Gon's bodiless cameo :cool:
    8. The visuals--the best the saga has to offer.
    9. Across the Stars... **Gets weepy**
    10. Yoda vs. Dooku
    11. COLEMAN TREBOR!!!!! 8-}

7. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Actually, there's very little that I don't like about it. Just stuff that I think needs improving - bits of dialogue here and there, places where plot details need tweaked, some massive editing fixes, stuff like that. The characters really left an impression on me. Anakin Skywalker actually knocked his son out of position of "favorite character" thanks to this movie. :)

8. DBrennan3333

DBrennan3333 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    Okay, I admit that the score for AOTC was really good (John Williams wrote a good score....stop the presses!!!), but aside from that, the best thing about AOTC, by FAR, was.....

THIS: http://www.armydrummer.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/triumph_-_star_wars.wmv

9. FormerQueen

FormerQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2005
    Padme's costumes, I dont even think ROTS will have costume's as nice

10. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    I doubt it, considering the, erm, changes she's gone through. Plus, I imagine they probably have her in more muted coloring, likely to reflect that her role has taken a more secondary course to Anakin's.

You have to hand it to the AOTC moviegoers. They did a great job of taking Trimph's biting humor in stride. :)

11. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I liked first half of the movie. I usually like detective stories, so my favourite part is when Obi-Wan investigates murder attempt.Love story was OK, I don't know why people hate it so much.

12. SuperShmi06

SuperShmi06 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2003
    i really liked all the subtle things that happened. For example, on the refugee ship, Anakin tells Padme that she is "exactly how i remember you in my dreams," and then he slightly nods reassuringly to himself, telling himself that he said the right thing.

I also LIKED the picnic scene (except for the cow part--that was just annoying)...it just seemed like a nice conversation (in comparison to the scene with the fire--yucky)

Kamino was awesome, i love rain.

Yoda was just cool

and jango rocked the world.

13. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    The story.
    The tusken slaughter.
    Jango.
    Mace gets to fight.

14. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    What I liked:

Hmmm....
    Uhhh....
    Well....
    *scratches head*
    Ehh...Ewan was an outstanding Obi-Wan. And, ehhh...Anakin's "I hate them!!!!" line was pretty cool.

And for reference...what I didn't like.

Natalie Portman. Worst acting job ever in a Star Wars film. She doesn't really care about SW. Its just a paycheck to her...and it shows.

Hayden. Not as bad as Portman. He showed flashes of brilliance in AOTC. Not really his fault...he didn't write the script.

Yoda fighting. Supposedly one of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy. I guess swordsmanship wasn't his forte. I noticed that what Yoda wasn't flipping around, his only attack was to slash at Dooku's knees.

Lee's stunt double does the same block down around his knees over and over. This fight could have been so much better.

Obi-Wan&Anakin vs. Dooku. Two acclaimed Jedi, one sinister ex-Jedi. The recipe for a classic lightsaber duel, right? Wrong.

And most of all. George's addiction to CGI crack.

15. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Basically everything. I like how they have serious scenes with Obi-Wan doing investigates to the Padme and Anakin scenes. Sure they kiss and flirt a whole lot, but i liked how it seemed Anakin had an easier assignment. I mean, all he has to do is keep Padme from dying and Obi-Wan had the tougher one.

I also like the bickering between Anakin and Obi-Wan, especially in the arena where Anakin is being taken to his execution pole. Read my sig to see why that bickering is my fav.
    (Besides the "I have you now!" line, read the rest of my sig to find out why it's so cool to me.

16. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Jango Fett, the clones, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi, the beginning of the Clone Wars, uhhh that's about it.

17. DarthTravis

DarthTravis Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004

1) Ewan McGregor's superb performance. I believe Ewan McGregor is the best actor to be in any of the Star Wars films as of yet, and his performance of Obi-Wan is absolutely fantastic in this movie. He definitely opens up the character of Obi-Wan Kenobi tremendously for us.

2) Ian McDiarmid's equally superb performance. Ian's role is downright chilling in this movie.

3) The progression of Anakin's character. This is great. It's hard to imagine how the little boy in TPM could turn into Darth Vader, though this movie is an excellent bridge of his character. You can see his independence, rebellious feelings, and his questioning attitude of Obi-Wan and what he is being taught by him really start to kick in this movie.

Those are my top three favorite things about this movie that come to mind at the moment. Though there are so many other things I like about this movie, I couldn't ever list them all.

Great film.

18. Maul316

Maul316 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 7, 2001
    I half-liked 45% of the scenes without 3PO and Anakin+Padme. Occasionally, when I get past the editing and/or directing feeling like a drill grinding deep into the depths of my cranium, some of the film is kind of decent.

19. -diVe-

-diVe- Jedi Master

Jan 15, 2002
    1. Obi-Wan and Anakin in the elevator in the beginning, there's some good chemistry there. This will be one of those minute details that help contrast what happens in Episode III.

2. The Naboo picnic scene where Anakin tells Padme how he thinks the "system" should work.

3. When Anakin goes off on the speeder to look for his mother and Duel of the Fates kicks in.

4. Anakin slicing some Sand People up with his lightsaber. This scene is such a tease, because of how little it shows. However, it works later when he confesses.

5. Probably one of my favorite parts is when Anakin confesses to Padme what he did to the Sand People and how he'll be the "most powerful jedi ever."

6. Obi-Wan vs. Jango

7. Astroids and Slave-1 combat.

8. Kamino. I love stormy-rain. Probably my favorite planet.

9. R2D2 flying

10. Yoda vs. Dooku

11. The Clone Troopers. It's amazing how real they look.

There's so many things I like about AOTC, can't really list them all. :)

One thing I didn't particulary like in AOTC:

The use of the word "my lady." I love this movie, but whenever a character says it in this film it doesn't sound right. It seems out of place.

20. aPPmaSTer

aPPmaSTer Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2004
    I never thought I would ever be participating in a thread like this, for me the opposite would be much more enjoyable, but if you insist...

1) Obi-Wan (he's just plain kool)

2) Some of the imagery, especially in the asteroid belt around Geonosis, Kamino, etc.

3) Anakin's trip to and return from the Tusken camp scenes

4) Dooku's arrival on Coruscant scene

5) The graphics of the Battle of Geonosis, and a few other instances

But that's as far as I'm willing to go...but since you asked for things I didn't like....well I'll make the list short.

1) The story - some very confusing (or confused) aspects, along with things that just don't make sense

2) The over-use of CGI

3) The dialogue throughout close to 80% of the movie

4) The constant re-use of music scores in many instances

5) The acting - or possibly directing - of a lot of the actors

6) The love story

7) The duels

8) THE EDITING

21. aPPmaSTer

aPPmaSTer Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Damn DBrennan, that link is a total mood killer :(

But it's pretty funny thought, esp when the dog tells Vader "I am ur father"! lol

They got real good costumes though, I wonder where they got them from.

22. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    I like the whole film, but here are my highlights:

1) Speeder chase through Coruscant.
    2) Obi-Wan's chat with Dexter.
    3) Anakin and Padme's conversation on the refuge ship.
    4) Yoda teaches the younglings.
    5) Obi-Wan on Kamino and the clone facility tour.
    6) Obi-Wan's conversation with Jango.
    7) Anakin and Padme's conversation in the field.
    8) Obi-Wan vs. Jango (on Kamino and in the astroid belt).
    9) All the Tatooine scenes.
    10) Anakin's confession!
    11) The Geonosin arena.
    12) Reel 6 to the end credits.

23. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    What did you like about AOTC?

Everything. I totally enjoy STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES. It's an amazing movie, another amazing Episode in the STAR WARS Saga. The characters, the battles, the chases, the visuals, the sounds, the fun, the drama, the score, the relationships, the dialogue and so on. Everything. It feels like STAR WARS. :) :cool:

24. Droid

Droid Jedi Master star 1

Feb 28, 2000
    AOTC is my favorite episode of my favorite series (aka the best of the best) so the only way I can answer that question is to say that I liked everything about the film. I'm not going to pretend to sugguest that the film is perfect but if I had it to do over again I wouldn't change a thing.

25. -Commander_Cody-

-Commander_Cody- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 17, 2005
    I loved all the action, but the love was a little too much. I mean, i know its necessary to show how anakin falling in love is his downfall, but don't make half the movie about it. BTW, Padme looks hot in this movie. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.