main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you think of TPM as the months (and years) go by? - Official thread

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jedi_Learner, Mar 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Good for you. Now go play in the traffic.

[face_plain]

2. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    That is how I viewed TPM when I saw it on May 1999, and that is how I view it now. Like any film, it does have its weak points with the ocassional bad line and what not, but what film doesn't?

True enough, although I never thought the dialogue was cheesey (hmm, maybe a couple of lines by Anakin, are those the ones you were referring too?). I thought Padme and Palpatine had some of the coolest lines in the saga. Nute had enjoyable lines, too.

EDIT - bah! Grammar.

3. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    I liked some of the lines:

"I will make it legal"

"get this stunted slime out of my face" (i think that is it)

Then again, that line is cheesy but Ian does such a good, menacing job.

I actually might give TPM another go this weekend. I do like the opening.

4. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    I didn't manage to watch any of them over the weekend because I was too busy. Perhaps we could brave it together? [face_mischief]

5. Padmes_Panties122

Padmes_Panties122 Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2004
    Loved it when I saw it in the theatres and still love it now, nothing ever changes with me!

Matthaeus Sunrider likes this.
  6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I like it as much as the day I first saw it almost 5 years ago.

7. arthurclavin2

arthurclavin2 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 27, 2003
    May 19, 1999, 6:45, rainy day, stadium seating, red plastic lightsabers.

I was 13 years old and I wish I could have appreciated it more. Is there anyother movie that portrays the core aspects and universal rituals of humanity more beautifully? I love Anakin's theme. Lucas and Williams really understand how to get the most out of these things.

8. FuzzyRatt

FuzzyRatt Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2003
    I still enjoy it on near the same level as ANH, TESB, and ROTJ.

It is the one true new Star Wars film.

Long live Jar-Jar!

9. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Is there anyother movie that portrays the core aspects and universal rituals of humanity more beautifully? I love Anakin's theme. Lucas and Williams really understand how to get the most out of these things.

Very nice. :)

10. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    TPM seems to be getting better and better with age, this is what also happened when I watched the OT -- I saw them and thought that they where pretty cool but the more I watched them, the more I became addicted.

11. hoth-nudist

hoth-nudist Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    I thought it was a waste then, I still thinks its a waste now.

12. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Something that I feel that may be getting overlooked by some with THE PHANTOM MENACE is it's message of hope. Reminding us of the Original Trilogy being one of hope and hope fulfilled and telling us the STAR WARS Saga is one of hope and hope fulfilled.

The Original Trilogy starts off with an episode that even has the word hope in it's title, STAR WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE. While THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK shocks us with a jolt from the Dark Side, RETURN OF THE JEDI brings back the positive energy and ends the Saga with hope fulfilled.

A particular message of hope in THE PHANTOM MENACE is Anakin winning the Podrace and the comments from his Mother that follow. Anakin in THE PHANTOM MENACE is a slave. Yet he not only enters the Boonta Eve Podrace, but he also wins it. This is followed by Anakin's Mother saying to him "It's so wonderful, Ani. You have given hope to those who have none." And at the end of the STAR WARS Saga the hope is fulfilled by Anakin turning back to the Good Side, saving his son, destroying the Sith, fulfilling the Prophecy and bringing balance to the Force and bringing peace and freedom to the galaxy.

13. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    Well, at first I didn't like it then after the years passed, I still don't like it. Sometimes things don't change as much as you might think they will change. :p

14. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I thought it was a waste then, I still thinks its a waste now.

Who's more wasteful? The waster or the person who posts in a forum for a film he thinks is a waste?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.