main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What do your eyes want to see?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I'd like to see a return to smaller set pieces. Very little was left to the imagination in the PT and I think a little of the Star Wars 'feel' was lost to excessive CGI to show us damn near everything that could be crammed on screen.

As for SW locations? I'd like to not see Tatooine. I know it's kind of like SW-Graceland, but it's featured in every movie bar ESB. That a backwater dustbowl plays host to many many stories that saw the fate of the galaxy forged is already a little ridiculous. For them to make up another reason to go there would make me roll my eyes and sigh, I really don't think Disney wants that kind of blood on their hands.

That being said, I'll be surprised if they don't wedge Tatooine in there somewhere.

2. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I wouldn't mind seeing the Wayland and Mount Tantiss

3. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    I'd like to see more fist fights and brawling.

The only "fistfight" in the OT is Han with a Trooper on Endor and I'm not sure that qualifies.

Kenobi had two in the PT with Jango and Grievous.

I think a Force battle (without lightsabres) would be cool. Like the Yoda/Palpatine one but longer.

Maybe Leia (or Luke's wife if he has one) are not very keen on using lightsabres and have to defend the the Jedi school or something against an overwhelming force, so it a psychokinetic battle

4. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Am I the only one bothered by the title of this thread? I don't know what it is about it, but it perturbs me. It's just...why the unnecessary reference to "your eyes"? What else do you see things with, besides your eyes?

It's like saying "What do your ears want to hear?"
    Or "What does your nose want to smell?"

Why not just say "what do you want to see?"

Sorry...I'm just...flummoxed by the title is all. It's not a big deal though.

Anyway, I'd better see the credits after 2 hours and 20 minutes. I really don't want this to be a 3 hour Star Wars movie. I'll give a little leeway, but a good film isn't necessarily a longer film and I've always felt that Star Wars works very well in the time frame Lucas allocated.

5. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    You see with Force :)

I don't why you'd be "perturb" by a reference to "your eyes", though?

Are you of a nervous disposition perhaps?

6. PiettsHat

Jan 1, 2011
    It's not a big deal but...the "your eyes" just seems unnecessary. It's just such a strange turn of phrase. I think it's just because I've been writing a lot of synopses lately and trying to smash 10 pages worth of scientific jargon into 750 words has made me unusually sensitive to unnecessary word choices. I just can't figure out why it's there and it bothers me.

But like I said, not a big deal. It's a good thread, regardless. Carry on.

7. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012

I don't see why it would it would bother you, you don't see why I'd phrase it like that.

In strange way, we are of the same mind. ;)

8. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I also hope the ST has some mullets on display.

I'm not sure if the hair styles in the OT are considered mullets, but there are a few awesome ones in the PT. :)

PiettsHat likes this.
  9. PiettsHat

Jan 1, 2011
    I don't know what you mean!! :_|

Ahem.

...But, you were right earlier. I probably am of a nervous disposition. :D

As for something else I'd like to see (to try to keep this thread on topic), well, I'd like to see Leia use a lightsaber. Even if she isn't a Jedi. I just think it'd be cool to see a woman have significant screen time wielding a lightsaber.

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Corellia
    Bothans
    Whills

11. battlefrontboy

battlefrontboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2012
    Luke fighting off several enemies at once.
    Han jumping into the pilot's seat of the millenium falcon.
    Chewbacca protecting old Han in a fight.
    Holograms that really look like people standing in the room.
    A lightsaber fight while falling from the sky.
    Soldiers fighting in astronaut suits.
    A ship getting pulled into a black hole.
    Terrorist attacks
    Politicians arguing about the use of surveillance and torture.
    Robots that are smarter than humans.
    Treasure.
    A planet of mountains and rivers.
    A jedi fist fight
    A planet made of crystals with a crystal palace.
    R2D2 with futuristic upgrades, new weapons.
    Han commanding an army.
    Luke training students.
    Luke being surprised a second time, "Luke, I am your son."

12. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I want to see a consistency that feels like Star Wars. Part of the reason for the Special Editions was to create more of a consistent visual for the coming PT. In this case there is a great and unique opportunity to really combine the CGI stuff with REAL stuff so that when you watch in order, 1-9, you will see an evolution of visuals that takes you from the overly clean look of the PT, to the "used space" look of the OT (now combined with some clean CGI to match a little beter with the PT), to a more balanced and realistic look in the ST.

As for my childhood use of Star Wars figures that I would like to see:

I used Luke and Chewie to play the old Kroft show Bigfoot and Wildboy. I dont think I'm gonna see this in the ST. :mad:

13. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Color.

J/K....

The Yuuzhan Vong.

14. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    The prequels do not lack imagination. Those who complain that there is nothing left for the imagination to imagine are simply looking for excuses to hate the prequels.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Just heard back from my eyes. They say they want to see Jawas. Masses of Jawas. Like an entire village of them. Or whatever groupings they assemble into. A huddle of Jawas? A gaggle of Jawas? A jalopy of Jawas? I just want to see the intricate social network played out. Who is the Top Jawa? Does he/she/it wear elaborate robes befitting their station? Is there a Force-sensitive Jawa? From whence did they come as a species? And, what of their unquenchable fetish for robotics, 'droids, and other technological miscellany? Do they worship technology? Or - do they fear it? When Ben and the droids burn that pile of Jawas, is that truly respectful of the Jawa funereal practices? Are they the true minority of the Star Wars universe? Are they confined to ill-maintained slums? Are they relegated to second-class schools? Do they eat and, if so, what? Are they freeloaders on the Imperial entitlement plan? Are they merely using the system to coast by, like so many be-smocked beach bums? Or are they helpless products of an isolationist system of rule that entraps them within a vicious caste ranking from which there is no escape?

My eyes want Jawas.

16. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I want to see Luke fighting Krayt Dragons.

OR if they've been wiped out then another large scale aggressor like the cave troll from LOTR.

17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Better acting and less CGI.

18. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
  19. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    My eyes want to see Han Solo die in the first act, seemingly killed by Boba Fett.

Yodahasgreenfeet likes this.
  20. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Those who want less CGI should only watch romance films.

Yodahasgreenfeet likes this.
  21. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Drunk Luke would explain the second surprise. ;)

22. Force_Wielder

Force_Wielder Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    My eyes want to see the film.

Echo-07 likes this.
  23. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    I want to see at least one scene of Luke and Leia fighting together side by side as Jedi. Even if its something like the start of TPM where Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon battled their way out of the Trade Federation ship.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  24. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    My eyes want to see nekkid chicks. My heart wants to see a great Star Wars movie. My mind wants to see my eyes and my heart settle this squabbling outside.

25. Darth Cornish

Darth Cornish Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 7, 2000
    I heard Disney have plans for nekkid chicks in the ST - problem solved!