main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What games would you like to see get the Star Wars treatment?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rev, Dec 9, 2011.

1. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    They should do a beat em up game with a Teras Kasi practitioner and have it set in underworld Coruscant. sure it would be kind of generic but I'd buy it. One of the few things i liked in attack of the clones is the Coruscant scenes, i thought it looked really cool, the holo pictures and the bar and stuff.

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    ^^^

A Beat-em up as in like Double Dragon?

I would prefer a more refined Soul Calibur type game though I can see a Super Smash Bros style game having potential too if done properly.

3. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    'Cops and robbers' can be a lot of fun. While the average videogame has more of a 'cowboys/indians' setup, involving two opposing forces fighting each other, a 'cops/robbers' scenario has one party chasing and the other evading. It's a concept that is much more rarely used in videogames, but it has a lot of potential. In multiplayer modes, nearly all shooters utilize a version of this concept in the form of the 'capture the flag' scenario, but few games base their single player gamrplay mechanics around it. The same is true of Star Wars games. On that note:

Pursuit Force
    You're a cop in the galaxy far far away. Call it Coruscant P.D. Actually, on second thought, it wouldn't be a free-roam game anyway, so why limit it to Coruscant? Have levels in lots of different places.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
    What, there's no street racing in the Star Wars universe? Of course there is! And the cars fly there.

The Getaway/Mirror's Edge
    Role reversal. You're on the run. And the ones chasing you are more powerful than you are.

4. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    Dragon Age.

A similar tale could happen in the DOTJ setting.

5. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    A new Star Wars cart racing game.

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Grand Theft Auto? An open-world sandbox Star Wars game would be the perfect game.

7. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    A pod race circuit game would be really cool!! It could feature tracks from other planets other than just tatooine. A fighting game like mortal kombat street figher would also be cool. With changeable skins for the caharacters. Obi Wan only would have 4 skins ha ha.

8. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Yea, I would play that game, but it only 2 planets it could be based around. Tatooine. & Corucant are the best choices.

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd like to see something like a combination of Star Wars: Supremacy (aka Star Wars: Rebellion) and Empire At War. The non-combat stuff (research, diplomacy, sabotage, etc) plus the more detailed combat of Empire At War.

Perhaps take it up a notch- spaceships can bombard ground areas, descend into the atmosphere and engage aircraft, and so forth.

10. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Some sort of KOTOR, GTA, Skyim hybrid game, but you can choose your era, it's not as linear, there are way less restrictions, it's more free-roam ish, you don't have to be a Jedi, a much more in depth RPG.

11. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Brütal Legend
    Now you're thinking "WTF?!!" Allow me to explain. Brütal Legend features what is supposed to be a normal real person, who works as a roadie for a band, by strange circumstance being transported to a fantasy realm of heavy metal in the beginning of the game. Sort of like that movie Last Action Hero, where the little kid is transported to the world of action flicks through a magical ticket. Apply this to a Star Wars game. Obviously, it would have to be a tongue-in-cheek comedic take on it. I think it could be fun.

12. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    This thread is sticky with fanboy... stuff.

lol @ GTA:Star Wars and Skyrim style Star Wars. Lots of lol. About 12bn ppm lol.

13. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Starfox: I miss my X-Wing. Add in a non-linear career progression and you've got yourself a classic ABY experience.

Metroid & Diablo hybrid: as difficult as they were, I have very fond memories of the Star Wars side scrollers in the 1990s. I'd like to see them do an original story with an open world side scroller gameplay style with RPG elements where you can upgrade your player skills. This would suit any era. But i'd rather not be a Jedi.

Gemini Rue and Blade Runner: as far as I know, Star Wars has yet to have embraced the classic style point and click adventures. While in terms of action and pacing it may not suit Star Wars gaming, check out Gemini and Blade where they combined shooting and adventure elements that worked together quite well seamlessly.

Uncharted: as already suggested, this would be ideal for Han Solo.

Far Cry: an open ended first person shooter could work well where you are a smuggler or a civilian. You're living an everyday life and suddenly you find yourself embroiled in a conflict with the Empire that you are desperately trying to escape.

Life likes this.
  14. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Gaza: the game
    You know the fun fare game Whack-a-Mole? Role reversal. You're the mole. And the Israel Defense Forces are the whack. Run! Avoid bombardment for as long as possible against insurmountable odds, evading the near infinitely superior military might of your opponent. You will die. Stay alive as long as you can and compete on online leaderboards for the longest survival time. Also, scores are awarded for traversing obstacles. Find the hidden skateboard.

15. The Man Who Sold the Moon

The Man Who Sold the Moon Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2012
    Need For Speed Undergroud i want some costumisable speeders with neons and everything
    "Uncharted: as already suggested, this would be ideal for Han Solo. " Or Lando who is terribly underused. .

16. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Star Wars Pong

17. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    While I'd love a SW sandbox game, it'd either be in a small area, like on a single planet, or it'd be like 4 disks.

I'd love a Hitman/Rainbow six type game where you have objectives (kill an opponent, steal something, get from point A to B,), but you have lots of options in carrying the objectives out, allowing for lots of replayability.

A new Battlefront game that borrows from Perfect Dark, with customizable characters and objectives (deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag, king of the hill, mass battle like previous BF games, etc.). It'd be awesome to set up a 1 on 1 battle with Jedi vs. Sith on a planet or maybe Han Solo vs. Boba Fett on the dune Sea map.

18. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Wasn't Republic Commando their attempt at doing a tactical shooter?

And jp, nice to see your old signature back in updated form. ;)

jp-30 likes this.
  19. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm not sure what particular form of brain damage causes people to think this, but they're horribly wrong. It would be a terrible idea, and the people who suggest it are more evil than Hitler.

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I'm not sure what's so bad about a Star Wars open-world game. They've done it with Galaxies (except it was also an MMO).

P.S: Obviously I mentioned GTA as an example of an open world game, but I oculd mention TES or something else.

21. San-Tarah

San-Tarah Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2012
    How is randomly chocking people in Kotor and Swtor any different?

Life likes this.