main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Qui-Gon didn't die in TPM? Anyone can post!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Aralna, Jan 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aralna

Aralna Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, I don't know if anyone has done this topic. If so: Sorry. Hopefully, even if it was done, this can be much different. I don't have any plan , so anyone can write. If you have any ideas post them. I'm going to start it, but other than that, I'll post once in awhile, or when inspiration strikes.
    I only have one request here. Keep it clean.
    As a second thought, try not to kill many poeple.

Qui-Gon saw his chance to rest as the laser gates rotated on and off in the hallway.
    Qui-Gon didn't rest though, He looked back. He could barely see Obi-Wan at the other end of the hallway.As soon as the door leading to Maul opened, Qui-Gon dodged until he could run towards Obi-Wan.
    Obi-Wan was surprised to see Qui-Gon not fighting. <He's almost never run from a fight in his life>

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were trapped in the same space, with Maul only a block away from them. As soon as the laser walls opened Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan attacked, as one force. They knew what the other would do. It wasn't long before they had backed Maul up to the pit near where Qui-Gon had seen Obi-Wan.
    Maul was losing his balance, and a slight Force push from Obi-Wan pushed him over the edge.
    Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan walked, tired, back to the palace to see if the rest of the war was done. They hoped it was, since the fight with the Sith had taken its toll, though neither was badly hurt.

In the hangar the queen was waiting for them. "We won" she told them, only seeming haf-glad. Qui-Gon understood. As happy as she was that Naboo was free, she had hoped to do it with less death. Qui-Gon knew that was hard to avoid.
    Suddenly, Qui-Gon realivzed Anakin was not there, and wondered where Anakin was. The Queen seemed to be wondering the same thing, but soon Panaka received contact from the survivors of the group that had tried to destoy the Droid Control Ship. Anakin was with them.

When Anakin got out of his ship he was glad to see Everyone he had met still alive. That Sith had looked dangerous.
    Qui-Gon silently called Anakin aside, and Obi-Wan followed."Anakin, I will train you, you know that, right?"
    "Master, what if the Council refuses?"
    "They will listen to me," He sighed. "They have to now...They have to."
    How was that? Anyone have any ideas how this would change the future? Like Anakin's training: will he stay good, or still turn to the darkside? The emperor will still try to take over, but would he still suceed?
    I know one Jedi might not seem important, but if they were in the right place at the right time... Please post them. Please.

2. Meredith

Meredith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2001
    Oh, how I would love to take part in this! That was great Aralna. I'm starting a fic of my own soon (my first) and i don't have a lot of time...but i'll try to help!

Again, really cool idea!

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Sure, I'll post every now and again..

4. Aralna

Nov 1, 2000
    Thanks for the compliment Meredith.
    Go right ahead and write DarthBoba.
    I appreciate it.

5. Obigwang-Canblomi

Obigwang-Canblomi Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2001
    Just a thought, but how can Anakin be the Chosen One, the one who brings balance to the Force, if he doesn't go over to the Dark Side?

After all, if you have 98% white and 2% black, that's hardly balance... you need to add dark and end up somewhere in a nice shade of gray...that's balance.

So if Anakin doesn't go over, I suppose that proves retroactively that he wasn't the chosen one after all, and shouldn't have been trained to begin with. But, you'd need to train him to find that out... hehe, don't you love paradoxes?

6. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    I would like to join in later too. This sounds interesting. Personally I think Anikan would still turn, I don't think it has much to do with Obi-Wan. Anyway... more soon?

7. Aralna

Nov 1, 2000
    I just figured that Qui-Gon would have a different style, and might get different missions. Maybe one on Tatooine? That might change things, since i've always felt Shmi's death would play some part in his turning. I don't know though. It's uptp whoever writes.

8. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    This is a discussion that has been going on since PM came out. Keep going it's good to see it writen out in story form. I also think Anakin would be tempted to turn no matter who taught him. The difference being Qui-Gon's experience and wisdom gained with time and age and Obi-Wan's youth and inexperience. One example is the difference of someone becoming a first time parent at 17 or younger and some one becoming a first time parent at 30. Or for that mater the difference of being a first time parent and an experienced parent. You could substitute the word teacher for parent. Also I don't think Qui-Gon had any intention of leaving Shimi on Tatooine. He probably would have called in some old favors to free her. Obi-Wan obviously doesn't think of that. He does what the Council advises. They don't seem to recognize the importance of bio-family. Maybe because they have been separating Force sensitive children from their families for so long. It reminds me of how some bureaucrats think they know more than parents.

9. Aralna

Nov 1, 2000
    Actually, that's exactly how I felt. I don't think Qui-Gon would leave Shmi on Tatooine.

10. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Good start Aralna!

I'll try to add on later!

11. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    I just remembered something else that at least my husband and I have disscussed. People always wonder why Obi didn't use Force run to catch up with Qui. They usually point out it was a sign that Obi wasn't really quite ready to be a knight and take on a Padawan.

In their fight against the droids in front of the Bridge entrance on the Nemoidian ship they use a Force run to get away. If you watch you will see they are gone in a flash. But Obi had just used a Force jump to get up to the same leavel as Qui in the Power Station on Naboo. The games establish that you can't use Force Powers constantly. Hum. Maybe something Anakin will be able to do in the next 2 movies.

Anyway the Force Powers have to recharge so to speak. So it was also Qui's mistake not to wait for Obi or go back for him like you wrote. Bringing out the point that Jedi even Master's aren't infalable. No matter what their abilities they are still living in the physical world and have to live or die by it's rules.

12. Aralna

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, i've been trying to think of more, and this is just something I've wanted to write.

____-----______------_______-----_______

Anakin tagged along behind Qui-Gon, while Obi-Wan left to talk to the Council, who had for some reason come to Naboo. Qui-Gon was trying to avoid talking to them because he was almost positive they would contest his training Anakin. Qui-Gon was just about to turn around when he felt a disturbance to his right. When he followed it he found himself in a small hangar. Anakin stared at the giant ship there.

Anakin wanted to go inside, but Qui-Gon held him back. Qui-Gon slowly approached the ship. This was where the disturbance was. Anakin watched as his master approached the ship. Anakin could sense the feel of evil around it, but no one owned this. At least, he didn't think anyone did, and Anakin wanted a ship. Then again he thought, It might be better if I stick with something smaller. Anakin looked around the hangar. it hadn't been used much.There was a collection of dust on the shelves, and a few cabinets were rusted shut.

Qui-Gon opened the hatch to the ship, and cautiously walked inside. He suspected the ship belonged to the Sith he'd fought. The technology on this ship could benefit the Republic. Qui-Gon looked at a screen and tried to find some useful information. Finally he found a message from the Sith's master.

"Maul, I hope you were sucessful in your attack against the Jedi. Of course, if you weren't you won't disappoint me again. Contact me when you return to the ship."

The Sith's name had been Maul.The name fit a Sith, Qui-Gon thought. He left the ship and walked out of the hangar. Anakin ran after him.

Obi-Wan met him halfway back. "Master, the Council wants to speak with you. It's about the boy."

Qui-Gon sighed, that was exactly what he didn't want to deal with. He wasn't going to be able to avoid it though. "I'll meet them tonight, Obi-Wan."

"I'll tell them, Master"

"I am no longer your master Obi-Wan" Qui-Gon smiled half-heartedly.

"Yes, the Council said I don't have to face the Trials. They think fighting the Sith was enough."

"His name was Maul"

"Maul.. Darth Maul." Obi-Wan silently thought about it.

"Master Qui-Gon, who does that ship belong to now?"

"To the government of Naboo, I'd say" Qui-Gon told Anakin. Anakin didn't reply.

Obi-Wan's comlink beeped. He turned it on and listened for a moment. "Anakin, the Queen wants to see you, and Mas-Qui-Gon the Council wishes to see you now, not later. I'll take Anakin to the palace so you don't have to keep Master Yoda waiting."

______------_____------_____------_____

I'm sure Maul's ship should have had security on it, but let's pretend he was so confident that he'd win, and no one would learn where his ship was, so he didn't activate it.
    I really don't want to write this on my own. I'd appreciate it if someone else would write. Please?

13. JediKnightZarc

JediKnightZarc Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2000
    You're doing a great job Aralna! I love this. I, like many, am in Qui-Gon departure denile. Anyway, I've never particapated in a round-robin before, but I'll give it a shot. Here it goes!
    They reentered the palace and Qui-Gon turned down one corridor while Anakin and Obi-Wan went down another. As they separated Anakin looked back at the Jedi Master's disappearing form, then back up at Obi-Wan. The boy followed him down the hall, biting his lip.

Obi-Wan could feal the boys anxiety. He hadn't been down right cold to Anakin, but he hadn't been exactly friendly either. At the time, when he had first told Qui-Gon of the danger Anakin represented, he had thought it was something he truly felt. Now, alone with the brave boy, he wondered if there had been some other motivation behind his earlier thoughts. He would have to examine them later.

Obi-Wan looked down at Anakin and smiled. The boy returned the smile shyly. Suddenly a wave of compassion for the child came over him. A picture of the Sith's face flashed through his thoughts for a moment. Qui-Gon had been like a father to him since he was thirteen. This...Maul had been very powerful and had things ended differently in the battle...had Qui-Gon been the one to have not survived, he wasn't sure what he would have done. Obi-Wan repressed a shudder at the thought of losing his Master, his father.

Anakin had lost his mother. She wasn't dead, but far away and in the mind of a young child there wasn't much of a difference. As far as Anakin knew he may never see his mother again. Now, the only person he believed that cared for him was going down the opposite corridor, heading for a meeting with the Council that directly concerned him.

The boy had just been through a rather traumatic experience. The loss of his only family, finding himself in the middle of the war, and now he chanced losing his dream of becoming a Jedi. Obi-Wan could relate more than most would suspect.

"How are you holding up?" Obi-Wan asked trying to sound as friendly as possible.

"I'm OK, sir" came the quiet reply, but Obi-Wan heard the small tremble in the voice.

The young Knight stopped and looked down at the boy. "You may say that, but I'm sensing something else. Anakin, I know I haven't been all the friendly to you in the past few days and I want to apologize for that. I know things have been difficult for you. I just want you to know that if you need to talk about it, I'm willing to listen."

At this point Anakin's gaze dropped down to his shoes. Obi-Wan gently put his hand under the boy's chin, tilting his head up to look into his eyes. Small tears hung on blond lashes. One broke free and slipped down his cheek. Cursing himself slightly for not having considered Anakin's feelings before, Obi-Wan brushed the tear away. In the next instant he found his arms full of a young boy sobbing into his tunic.

You keep up the good work too Aralna!

14. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    keep going

15. Aralna

Nov 1, 2000
    Thanks JediKnightZarc, that was great.
    I don't know when I'll get another idea though. Hopefully more people will write. (hint, hint)

16. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey!
    This is getting good!
    Good job you guys!!!!

17. JediKnightZarc

Oct 6, 2000
    Sorry, I'm bored so I'm posting again. Nothing much is happening yet so I'm just having some fun with their heads. Anyway, here is a short little addition...
    Qui-Gon could feel Anakin's apprehension as he made his way toward to the Council, but he trusted Obi-Wan would take care of the boy. He shook his head as he thought about his former Padawan. He had grown up so quickly. It seemed just yesterday that a lanky thirteen year only had stood before him, begging to be his apprentice. Qui-Gon winced slightly remembering what it had taken for him to finally accept that bright boy into his life. He then suppressed another one as he remembered the dejected look on Obi-Wan's face when he had told the Council that he would be Anakin's Master.

Obi-Wan was ready. The recent battle had proved that, but Obi-Wan didn't deserve to hear it that way. In that instant in the Council chambers, Obi-Wan had turned back into that insecure, desperate initiate. Qui-Gon had almost been able to hear the young voice, asking...pleading.

No, Obi-Wan had definitely not deserved that. Qui-Gon came out of his reverie as he reached the room where the Council was assembled. He put his thoughts away with the decision that he needed to talk to Obi-Wan and soon, but right now he had another little boy who's future lay in his hands.

18. JediKnightZarc

Oct 6, 2000
    Hey, did i kill the thread? Sorry...

UP!

19. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Qui-Gon walked into the room where the Council was assembled...

Yoda: "Good to see you alive, it is!"

20. Aralna

Nov 1, 2000
    No, nobody killed the thread. I just don't know how to write the Council, or the Queen. I guess I need to reread to books, so I remember them better.

21. JediKnightZarc

Oct 6, 2000
    Hehe, thats ok Aralna...i don't either but i've manages with my other fics...probably not well, but when all else fails make it as funny as possible. =)

Maybe I'll post again a little later. Lucky me I have no homework this weekend ::does a little dance:: so I have lots of time. =)

22. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    hmmm.....let's see what damage I can do....
    --------------------------------------------
    Obi-Wan nelt down next to the boy and just held him.

"It's alright, Anikan."He whispered holding the boy. "Everything will be alright."

Anikan sniffed. "I ju.ju.ju..I mi.mi.mi my m.m...mother." He said through tears pulling away from Obi-Wan. "Obi-Wan, what do you think will happen to me now, do you think Qui-Gon can talk the council into it."

Obi-Wan couldn't help but laugh. "Anikan, I know your just getting to know him, but trust me, my master, uh, Qui-gon can talk anyone into anything. He'll get the council to let him train you."

"But do you think......" Anikan started but was interuppted by the door opening in front of them.

"Anikan, there you are." Sabe said and smiled softly. "Her highness is waiting for you."

Anikan gave one last sniff and looked into Obi-Wan's eyes.

"Thank you." He whispered and followed Sabe into the other room.

23. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    "I am relieved to see you as well, Master Yoda. The boy--"
    "Yes, trained he will be."
    "Trained by you, Qui-Gon. Do you think you're up to a fourth apprentice?" Master Windu asked, looking concernedly at his old friend.
    "I do not presume-"
    "But you do, yes, you do!"
    "Yes, I believe I would be able to train Anakin."

24. Aralna

Nov 1, 2000
    Thanks everyone. Those were great posts. You can write more if you want. (-:

25. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Err, okay.

"Now, as to the Sith." Master Gallia said.
    "Yes?" Qui-Gon asked. Gallia had been his first apprentice, years ago.
    "We know that Obi-Wan and you defeated what was an Apprentice."
    "And now, you want us to search for the Master?"
    "In a word, yes. However, you have the responsibility of caring for Anakin as well, which could put you out of the mission until he is able to protect himself."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.