main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX What is your favorite Star Wars memory?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by darthroc247, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthroc247

darthroc247 Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    As Episode II fast approaches I got nostalgic about the first time I can remember seeing any Star Wars movie. It was May, 1980. I was 5 years old and my family was living on a military base in Maryland. We had a 2 screen theater (these were the days before the mutltiplex, children)on base and both screens were playing Empire Strikes Back. Both were sold out in advance.

My father, bless his great wisdom, had forseen this and drove to D.C. and bought midnight show ticks for the whole family. This was not a short trip. Must've been 100 miles at least. We made a whole day of it; picnic, sightseeing, and all the while I was absolutely jonesing for the movie. Of course, I never had a better time than sitting next to my father watching Vader kick ass.

Sorry to get long winded, but I encourage you all to share your best SW memory. All ages welcome. May the Force be with You.

Darthroc@aol.com

2. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    For me there are a few of em, most of you know about my first viewing of SW when I was 7 and after that, SW was it for me man !!!

But I would have to say one of the coolest things was seeing ALL THREE at the Santikos Northwest theatre (Northwest 10 it was then if I remember)-it was a gathering of alot of people wanting to see the movies back to back and it was ALOT of fun.

There was a moment during Empire Strikes Back when we noticed that a bat had gotten into the theatre and someone started yelling "Mynocks !!!" and everyone was laughing . . .

I look forward to more memorable moments with my friends here and from other states as well . . .

Take care & MTFBWY

John "ObiJuan" Laurel

3. jedirita

jedirita Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    Ah, there are so many of them: like going to see Star Wars when it first came out -- my first PG movie -- and everyone cheering when the Death Star was blown up; going to see Empire and staying until the credits finished and the lights came up, saying, "But they haven't rescued Han yet, the movie is going to come back on any second now!"; like swearing up and down to everyone for three years that NO WAY was Vader Luke's father because Obi-Wan wouldn't lie to him (oh, wait, that's one of the BAD memories); seeing ROTJ and crying because it was the last one; keeping the faith for 16 very long years, despite all the doubters; all the hype for Phantom Menace; lining up for the tickets in costume, seeing the movie at midnight; going to Tunisia and staying at the real Lars Homestead and walking the streets of Mos Espa; going to Caserta palace and slipping on the floor in the same place where Natalie Portman did; getting the Zam action figure..... Ah, and so many more wonderful memories yet to be made!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.