main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What the Heart Hides. Obi, Ani, Siri - drama, humor, comfort. Complete as of 090208.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    =D= Well done. I can't wait to see where you take this now.

2. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Splendid, splendid update! Enjoyed reading it. Thanks for the PM. :)

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Snowspeeder_Gunner I?m glad you liked it. Touching has gone from being something that Obi didn't do, to something he was scared of to finally something that he is comfortable with- I really like how this turned out. Characters are supposed to learn and grow from their experiences. Obi has; now Siri is hoping for a bit more "touchy feely." She may have a long wait.

Lolly_Tolly: I?m glad you liked it, it was really a transition from ?what was? to what?s coming, and somewhat last minute, but I think it worked in getting all the characters caught up and ready to move on.

Jedidas3 If I?m weaving anything, it?s the wool over your eyes. It?s the muse who plots, if there is a plot. Me, I just sit and watch what comes out on the page.

LilyHobbitJedi It?s not hard to update ?fast? when the story was pretty much written before posting (I go from 95% to 70% ?complete? during the posting, but that?s another issue).

Bastet: Obi needs to get the Force back, and help Anakin deal with everything that's happened in these past several months. Unfortunately, Anakin is not yet ready to meet Obi or any Jedi part way yet. He?s already got his father confessor.

He's gone from thinking Obi-Wan just wouldn't understand, to fearing he'd be horribly disappointed and feeling guilty. Now, a lot of that is due to Palps behind the scene, too.

Dianethx: I'm just glad that Obi-Wan - and Anakin - are able to understand the emotions that were keeping Obi-Wan from releasing his pain into the Force and get beyond it. Let?s hope Anakin doesn?t find out ? prematurely ? about Obi-Wan and Siri?s rediscovered love. Of course, he?ll be joking about what is totally obvious to the readers, only Anakin totally misses the truth.

It's a good thing he's so oblivious; it will allow Obi-Wan and Siri to come to terms with being Jedi and how to handle their feelings without interference (other than from a meddlesome small green Jedi, perhaps).

General_Kenobi_66 I?m glad Gustav ?only? knocked out your power. My Grandpa Gus (short for Gustav) and one month shy of 99 was ?thrilled? that a hurricane was named after him (wonder if he enjoyed being cussed out, too?)

Charie: I?m taking it to more, ahem, romancin? for Obi & Siri, but the story still has its dark moments, but nothing like what preceeded it (at least for Obi-Wan [face_whistling]). The shadow of Jabiim will continue to cast weak shadows.

Cole_Kenobi:n Glad you liked it, but the PM you referred to must be an old one - I haven't sent any out yet on this last chapter. I wanted to wait until I was definite on my story plans, but if I don't decide this week, I'm going to get those PM's out and see if those AWOL readers are AWOL or still on vacation/tied up with DRL.

Speaking of DRL: anyone affected by Gustav and Ike - I wish you the best and I hope your power and lives return to normal soon.

4. smoke20ts

smoke20ts Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    For a moment no one spoke. What words, really, were appropriate?

The silence was finally broken, by Obi-Wan himself. He straightened up and looked at each in turn, ending with Siri. He gazed at her, savoring the moment to come. He had found the words that the others could not. Two words, deceptively simple yet with a wealth of meaning, punctuated by a smile.

?I?m free.?

The worst was behind him ? and the future beckoned.

I felt as though that after reading this chapter, I could breathe a sigh of relief right along with Obi-Wan. With the worst of his experience behind him and having revealed his ordeal to the others, hopefully better days will be ahead.

Well done!

5. ShadowofLures

ShadowofLures Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    I HAVE to finish reading this, but I'm afraid I won't find it again. :D

Awesome job!

-Lures @};-

6. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    Up! Up! Up![face_love]

7. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    smoke20ts: Sigh of relief, indeed. For the author as well - it's been a long and painful journey at times.

ShadowofLures:I'm afraid I won't find it again. Oh, just look page 10 or later. [face_laugh] Bookmark it if you want, or I can send a word.doc via email if you want.

Charie: You'll have to go to the sequel for more.

Sequel: Truths of the Heart

The sequel is really a continuation of the story as originally written, but the change in tone made me decide to split it into a second story where I don't have to feel any potential change in tone is jarring (so I really went all out with the humor in chapter one). It will be funny, it will be dark, it will have romance...but no Obi-torture.

I'll get a PM out to everyone at home later with the link to the sequel.

8. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Brilliant Valairy,=D= it was an immensely entertaining story, so sad and wonderful at the same time.:_| [face_love]
    That line ?I?m free? said it all.O:)

You wrote a very in depth and enthralling story and I?m going to jump over and start reading the sequel.:cool:

Congratulations on a terrific story.=D=

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Absolutely brilliant I am free that said it all.

A great ending to an epic story. And now the sequel with many promises to come.[face_love]

10. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Awesome choice of words. Simple and to the point, but loaded with meaning and feeling. Awesome story, and yes, I want to be on the PM list. DRL may rear its ugly head, but let it stop us completely? Never!

Raptor517

11. Kenobism

Kenobism Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Hi!

I can honestly say that this story is leaving me speechless (in a positive way ;) ) - and that despite the fact that I'm only slowly working my way through it. Now please excuse my lack of coherency as I'm not too capable of putting my thoughts into words here but I absolutely love the way you show Obi-Wan's inner strength and at the same time his vulnerability and don't even get me started on all the other characters (i.e. the discreet and not so discreet hints of Anakin's character which are there but aren't judgmental). Overall I just wanted to say that I'm amazed and thank you for sharing this gem with us :)

12. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Fantastic ending, simply fantastic =D=

For me, this said it all: No dramatic pause or triumphal swell of the Force marked the end of his story. It ended simply, with Obi-Wan rubbing his eyes and slumping back in his seat as Siri?s arm tightened around him.

For a moment no one spoke. What words, really, were appropriate?

The silence was finally broken, by Obi-Wan himself. He straightened up and looked at each in turn, ending with Siri. He gazed at her, savoring the moment to come. He had found the words that the others could not. Two words, deceptively simple yet with a wealth of meaning, punctuated by a smile.

?I?m free.?

The worst was behind him ? and the future beckoned.

I serioualy loved this story... thanks so much for sticking with it and finishing for us, and u betcha i'm gonna head on over to ur other story ;) cant wait to see what u have in store for us there!! :D and thanks a lot for the pm, because i hadnt had a chance to check the boards much the last few days, and i hadnt realized u had posted it :oops:[face_peace]

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Absolutely gorgeous! I don't know what else to say.

=D=

14. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Gkilkenny: Congratulations on a terrific story[face_blush] Thanks.

earlybird-obi-wan: Again, [face_blush] , thanks.

Raptor517: Simple and to the point, but loaded with meaning and feeling. That's what I was aiming for - thanks.

Kenobism: thank you for sharing this gem with us ... thank you for coming by. I am definitely partial to Obi-Wan, but I think Anakin's flaw is that he has flaws that a Jedi can't afford. In a "normal" person they would have less potential for harm.

Veloz: It seemed fitting to end on a soft note - peace has come at last. The triumphant horns and all have their place - but Obi-Wan's story isn't over. It's just the end of one chapter of his life - as much as one can say a chapter is over, for the events in one's life have repercussions well into the future.

VaderLVR64: You don't need to say anything - just knowing you are enjoying it is enough.

15. ObiWans_Gurl86

ObiWans_Gurl86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2006
    =D= Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Story, Looking forward to the sequel very much.

16. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    =D= I just finished this wonderful tale, Valairy. I love how you depicted Obi-Wan's recovery and how he fought so hard for his sanity. Very realistic... or at least what I would imagine to be real. Great job! Thanks so much for sharing this.

17. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

So Valairy... Whats next. I am looking forward to your next adventure
    into the world of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.[face_love]
    Please let me know when you begin.:D

18. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Obiwans_gurl86: I'm glad you liked it. The sequel is already up.

p_stotts: I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was tough to write sometimes.

Gkilkenny: Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, eh? Well, I do want to finish two ancient stories that got up to 2 chapters and mysteriously vanished, but I seem to be concentrating on the sequel to this story instead.

The sequel is Truths of the Heart which is overall much lighter in tone and will develop the romance more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.