main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA What things did you pickup on?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SoulKrusher, May 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dingbat

Dingbat Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2001
    Ah, on the topic of sound, I think the Wilhelm scream is let off by one of the Naboo security guys when Padme's ship get's blown apart on the landing platform. That's a big think though.

2. DarthDatorri

DarthDatorri Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2001
    When Anakin and Padme are arriving on Tatooine, there are lille desert 'mice'. These look alot like rodent-sized kangaroos. Possibly a salute to the country that AOTC was filmed ;)

The Death Star.

Yoda hearing Qui-Gon's voice after Anakin kills the Tuskens.

3. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I think they're the same mice that were shown outside Mos Eisley in the ANH special edition.
    A lot of people have commented about Qui-gons voice but I never considered that to be an easter egg or anything like that. I just figured it was Anakin's brush with the dark side being emphasised by his memory of an earlier loss.

4. Dingbat

Nov 10, 2001
    I think Soniel's right about the mice (Scurriers they're called) they are the ones seen in ANH:SE.

I think the real easter egg is that I'm pretty sure you can hear Darth Vader breath in and out once around the same time you hear Qui-Gon's voice. Might just be the sound of Anakin's own heavy breathing combined with him ignighting his lightsabre but from what I've been reading I'm not the only one who heard it.

5. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I noticed 2 little droids polishing Padme's new Bedroom Windows.

6. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    I thought they were installing a new glass window after the last one broke. But yeh the droids are ther. The same sort of droids fly past outside the sentors office as well, just before they install the new window, thats cool.

7. DarthDatorri

Apr 16, 2001
    In Salvatore's novelisation, it is mentioned that Yoda heard Qui-Gon's voice. It is also mentioned that Yoda was surprised, as no Jedi could come back after death.....

So.....Qui-Gon was the first Jedi to return as an Apparition/Voice!!! [face_shocked]

8. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Can I just ask what's so special about the droids cleaning/repairing the windows? They weren't anything like easter eggs to me. They were very obviously there, in plain view. So why have 3 people commented on them?? ?[face_plain]

9. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    I know this isn't about the movie, but I watched the the review about AOTC on Premiere and it showed a couple of bits that didn't make the final cut - something about Anakin saying "I've heard it before" and one of the Padme bits that was supposed to be at the beginning somewhere.

10. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    FA - I think what everyone is trying to get at is the fact that Episode 2 has alot of detail. Its the little things in the background that bring the picture to life. I wasnt asking for easter eggs as such, just small things that most people don't pick up on because they are following the main storyline.

Those to little droids have ther own story behind them and if you look closely, you see them about 5 or 6 times, before and after the window gets smashed. There just going about ther business but the fact that ther is a small story as to what they are doing just goes to show everyone that ther is alot more detail and thought to how the movie was pieced together.

I read a article about the ILM guys and they spend alot of ther time thinking about what little things they can have going on in the background of the scenes. Its about addding more depth to the story and alot of these little stories can be found on CD's such as The EP1 Insider's Guide.

For most people however this wont be of any interest, however I tend to find that some of these things are more exciting then the actual storyline itself. Look closely in the backgrounds and the characters next time you see it, you'll be surprised I think.

But yeah to answer your question, most people have only picked up the piece where you see them in full view installing the finishing touches to the window. Look for these guys elsewhere poeple, you see them once at the very start, then again following another droid that carries the window for them, again in two different shots of them installing the window and once again afterwards working on ther way to a another window.

11. DarthDatorri

Apr 16, 2001
    Similar to the repair droids fixxing the windows, did anyone notice the pit droids trying to figure out how to pick up the crate? It's during the scene where Anakin meets Watto.

12. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Check out moviemistakes.com i think that url is right.

Damn there are heaps of errors in AOTC.
    Not that it aint the best film in the world [apart from esb]

13. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
  14. Dingbat

Nov 10, 2001
    My favourite mistake (and one that isn't listed at that site) is Obi-Wan's magical beard. Watch his beard during the talk with the Kiminoan Prime Minister. After they mention Sifo-Dyas his beard dramatically thins out. Then when Obi-Wan starts talking about an army for the Republic, his beard is back to full density. ;)

15. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Saw Episode 2 today again and I saw an A-Wing in the Coruscant Chase.

16. Jarsis_Stole

Jarsis_Stole Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Who notices all this stuff? I was totally engrossed in the film the whole time.
    I saw the cameos, but missed the rest of this stuff, apart from the Qui Gon voice.
    I talked to a friend of mine and shes a big Liam fan and she knows his voice anywhere.

Jacen

17. Jarsis_Stole

Jarsis_Stole Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002

Weren't the "mice" womprats?

Jacen

18. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I thought Wamp Rats looked a bit different to them and much larger.

19. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Check the fact files if you aren't sure, under Tatooine data. Off the top of my head I'm not sure, so I'll have to see it again.

20. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    In ANH Luke mentions that a Womp Rat is a little over 2 metres..

21. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Hmmm, depends on your take on what he says..

He said that they cant be much bigger than 2 meters...

I always thought he sounded like he was being sarcastic when he said it.. maybe not tho..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.