main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What was Sidious' true goal for Naboo?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by dragonsith13, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    This is one of my first topic postings so don't be too harsh on me.

So we all know the story of TPM and most of the rest of the PT. So what did Palpatine have in store for Naboo? Was it just convenient for him to conquer because he's from there? What if anakin never destroyed the trade federation control ship and Naboo remained in the Trade Federations hands?

2. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    Well Sidious big aim was to become the chancellor and he achieved that through a sympathy vote. However I think he may have been trying a seperatist movement a decade early. Have the Trade Federation conquer a number of weaker planets in the name of secession or something. I dunno..

3. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
  4. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    So what if maul survived does anyone think sidious would still have tried to recruite dooku.

Which begs the question maul v. dooku... thoughts?

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    A Maul vs Dooku duel would have seen Maul as the victor, no question. Dooku was barely able to hold off Yoda. Maul would have slaughtered him.

6. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    I agree maul was better physically but dooku seems stronger in the force and has better command over the force.

7. Hitman90

Hitman90 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2005
    Dooku would not have standed 10 minutes with maul.

8. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    Maul was the better duelist, Tyranus was the better...magician.

9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    We never really saw Maul do a whole lot with the force in terms of telekinesis. I'll wager that he could throw lightning as well, I guess we will never know.

10. grievious

grievious Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    Dooku would win, Maul was still an apprentice, Dooku has greater powers.

11. TheMasterOfPuppets

TheMasterOfPuppets Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    in the TPM game
    when you fight against darth maul he is using force lightning..
    that an evidence that he can use more force abilities

12. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    It would have been cool to see maul expand on his powers!

13. mace-windooku

mace-windooku Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2005
    I think dooku would have won

while maul was fighting obi alone he didnt look as impressive as dooku did against obi, and obi was no longer a padawan when he fought dooku

14. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Maul was the better duelist, Tyranus was the better...magician.

Not particularly, since it's been established that Dooku's "Form II" duelling technique provides an effective counter to Maul's frequent double-bladed parries, which would've allowed Dooku a rather quick victory.

15. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Hard to read the darkside skill in both of these warriors is. Dooku is and excellent swordsman as well as I believe he has more knowledge and better understanding of the force having converted from jedi to sith.

16. Tropical_Plumber

Tropical_Plumber Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    A Maul vs Dooku duel would have seen Maul as the victor, no question. Dooku was barely able to hold off Yoda. Maul would have slaughtered him.

Yes, Dooku was barely able to hold off the most skilled Jedi in the universe. Maul was defeated by a padawan.

Dooku would have destroyed Maul.

17. grievious

Mar 27, 2005
    in the TPM game
    when you fight against darth maul he is using force lightning..
    that an evidence that he can use more force abilities

Maybe, but there's happening a lot of stuff in those games, that not appears in the movie's...so i wouldn't call it "evidence", but maybe your right?

18. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    as much as i like maul i dont think dooku would fall... swordfighting is one thing... but as we can see the strongest in the force sometimes never need to use ther saber... look at what dooku did to asajj ventress in clone wars mini series. his command of the force totally disarmed her... i dont think he would be able to do this to maul! but it just shows how powerful dooku was in the force.

19. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    and by the way back to one of original questions! what was sidious true goal for naboo?

20. grievious

Mar 27, 2005
    Well, you know where Padme comes from...

[face_blush]

21. Obladi_Oblada

Obladi_Oblada Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2005
    "A Maul vs Dooku duel would have seen Maul as the victor, no question. Dooku was barely able to hold off Yoda. Maul would have slaughtered him."

Yeah, Dooku survives an encounter with Yoda and Maul gets taken out by a Padawan. Dooku ten years later tosses Anakin aside with ease and toys with a stronger Obi-Wan. Tropical_Plumber, already said it, but there's no way Maul would have stood a chance against Dooku.

Back on topic though, I don't think Sidious really cared what happened to Naboo as long as he got his election.

22. Siri_Ruane

Siri_Ruane Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    He's evil... he just foresaw the whole thing and followed along. :p

23. steverodgers801

steverodgers801 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    It was sympathy for Palpatine over the incident that got him voted in as chancellor plus it was padme who was mad over the lack of support who proposed that valorum be voted out. Palpatine also wanted to use the trade federation in order to start the seperatist movement as an excuse to take dictatorship. remember it was Jar Jar acting in Padme's name that allowed the army to be created

24. grievious

Mar 27, 2005
    Yeah that's true ^

25. BillBrasky

BillBrasky Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2004
    Dooku would destroy Maul. Dooku may even be more powerful than Sidious. Darth Maul does have a bunch of cool moves, and all, but all that is, is watsed movement. Everyone of Dooku's moves has a purpose.

The duel would probably look like Maul was winning, almost overwheling The Count, until Dooku would catch Maul doing some kind of flip or something acrobatic,and unnessecary then slice him in half.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.