main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What will Indy 4 be about? (speculation only - no spoilers please)

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Coolguy4522, Jul 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    I have no idea, does anybody?

2. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    I heard a rumor that Indy was on a quest to find a spear that had been used by a Greek ruler who conqured the world.
    Apparently the spear can summon lightning and elements of weather from the sky to crush foes.
    As usual, the Nazi's are after it.
    At least, it was a rumor I heard.

3. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    There's been a ton of rumors. The only one I really hope they don't do is Indy finding aliens.

4. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    That would be...lame.

5. Coolguy4522

Dec 21, 2000
    What about robots that look like aliens? ;)

6. Darth Geist

Darth Geist Jedi Master star 5

Oct 23, 1999
    Indy races to find the Holy Hand Grenade. His rival is his evil brother, Guam Thompson.

7. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    I will KILL you Indy...the second I get the grenade...

8. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    You know, with all the mystries and archeological stories around the world, I'm not entirely worried about the quest or plot at all. Instead, what Lucas and Spielberg want to do with the character of Indy seems much more important to me. It has been more than a decade, they have to say something about him and his changes, no matter how slight.

9. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    From Dark Horizons:

Indiana Jones 4: The Calgary Sun talked with Steven Spielberg's producing partner Kathleen Kennedy who had some disheartening news for those eager to see a fourth Indy film:

"The truth is there has been a lot of discussion amongst all of us connected with the film but to be honest there is no script because there isn't even a writer in place. It sounds like a slam dunk to do another Indiana Jones but you have to get everyone available and committed and then you have to get a screenplay that excites everyone. In reality that could probably take years".

Thanks to Moviehole

Looks like this thing is twisting in the wind.

10. The_Wampa

The_Wampa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2001
    That spear thing is fake. That is from a 1995 or 96 r 94 :p comic book. I would know because I have the set. It is called Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny or something like that. The comic book is pretty good and so is the stoy which takes after the Last Crusade.

I heard that there were 4 scripts and one script is about aliens.

11. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    I'm starting to doubt that we'll see another Indy..

12. ryanof1

ryanof1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2000
    He and Lara Croft should team up.

13. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    Quote:
    "I'm starting to doubt that we'll see another Indy.. "

I'm starting to think the same thing. Or if they do make one it'll be rushed and thrown together.

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree. It's not looking too good at this point.

15. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    Here's the lastest Indy Story from TF.n main page.

It seems that the budget might be a concern since everyone involved wants a huge salary and a share of the profits.

And some stuio execs were laughing about it because of Ford's age proving yet again that studio execs are total morons.

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That article seemed to lighten things up a bit, for me anyway. But it still looks pretty grim in the long shot.

17. Darth Geist

Darth Geist Jedi Master star 5

Oct 23, 1999
    Conan O'Brien, to Harrison Ford:

"You could do one where you're eighty, and they just bring the treasures to you! 'Indiana Jones and the Comfortable Bed!'"

18. Coolguy4522

Dec 21, 2000
    LOL, I saw the same thing on Conan. There was a thing on ET about it. Ford should take a cut in pay, he is rich enouph.

19. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    I have to agree with Padme Bra in the statement against Studio Executives.
    They still have absolutely no idea what they are doing.
    Time and again Lucas' statement about them being total morons comes into play proving lately that they have no idea about the kind of actor that Harrison Ford is.
    Air Force One anyone?
    That film was made a few years ago, I'll give you that, but it's relatively new considering that it came about in 1997 (I believe).
    He wasn't exactly a sit and let bad guys kill themselves type of person in that movie..

And of course there is the magic of stunt doubles.
    If Ewan McGreggor a young man can use them, so can Harrison Ford.

20. jedimatt87

jedimatt87 Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2000
    I've heard it will be about some powerful weapon that is buried in the heart of Antlatis, that brought upon the continent's destruction,and that the Solvients are looking for.

21. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    The thing about Indy's age, Indy was never this young tough guy who went around kicking butt. He's a middle aged academic who's always in way over his head and is always getting his butt kicked. That's the charm of the character. A 60 year old Terminator? No. But why not a 60 year old Indy? Studio executives are idiots and do not deserve the sweet gigs they have.

I agree with Coolguy4522 though about the salary thing. How much is enough for these people? He should do the film as a thank you to Indy fans and to Lucas for giving him a career. To stop the film from getting made because of money would be a shame. It's not like Ford's been in the greatest films recently. ;)

22. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
  23. aj3po

aj3po Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2001
    Spielberg said that Indy 4 would have something to do with Adam and Eve.
    At least I think I read that on an Indy website.

but on a side note, Ford and Connery have both signed on...
    http://www.harrisonfordweb.com/indyfour.htm

24. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Atlantis. I think this is the best guess.

I mean, look at what he's done:
    The Ark of the Covenant
    The Holy Grail
    (ok, so it looks like a 'Godly' theme)

But I think the next great thing would be to find atlantis, or he goes looking for same Atlantian treause, and ends up finding Atlantis itself. Boy would ILM get a kick out of creating Atlantis...

25. Coolguy4522

Dec 21, 2000
    What could have to do with adam and eve? He finds the garden of eden and lives forever? I think the atlantis thing would be so much cooler. But if it was religions thing they could go find the lost 10 tribes, or the cross itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.