main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What would be on your Hell banner?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Rogue...Jedi, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    We can all see what's on Inty's Hell banner. But what would be on yours?

And while I could just point to the existing UNC banner, or Trika and McClain could point at the Duke banner, or some of you could point at the Lakers banner, I don't mean something that simple :p

What would your Hell banner consist of? Archrival school(s)? Certain players you just couldn't stand? Players or coaches that cost your team heavily in big games? Another team's star who hit a huge shot to beat your team in a pressure situation? Or what?

Note: I'm not saying these hypothetical banners would be made, just throwing the question out there for what they would consist of.

For me... it would start with Tyler Hansbrough cutting down the nets in 2009, something with Tim Tebow (holding either the Heisman or championship trophies), and Rod Gardner's uncalled push off against South Carolina (the picture on the front page of the paper here the next morning would do nicely). Also scoreboard shots of that miserable 63-17 game, and South Carolina losing to Coppin State in the NCAA tournament. Throw in Trevor Booker, Rashad McCants, and Joakim Noah in the process.

*shudders at the thought of a banner with all that on it*

2. APOLLO608

APOLLO608 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2010
    LA. Especially the Lakers. Being a Boston native and a current Cleveland resident I hate everything about the Lakers amd tha fiend, Kobe Bryant. [face_good_luck]

//APOLLO608\\

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    My hell banner would consist of the 1977 Cowboys, 1986 Phil Simms, 1987 Doug Williams, 1989 Joe Montana, the 1996 Jaguars, 2002 Red Wings, 2005 Steelers, 2007 Red Sox, and last year's Lakers.

4. darthdrago

darthdrago Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2003
    The Tuck Rule.

Or Kirk Gibson hitting his walk-off home run off Dennis Eckersley in the 1988 World Series. :oops:

5. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Fine, I'll bite. :p

Duke basketball would definitely be on there. I'd probably choose some image of Singler from this year's championship game. Neil O'Donnell, Ray Lewis, Alex Ovechkin, small BoSox and Yankees logos, Kordell Stewart, Barry Bonds, a Buckeye logo, a UM picture (probably Lloyd Carr getting those two bogus seconds in the 2005 PSU-UM game), and something that would represent all of Philadelphia sports.

Edit: Gotta include the Cowboys on there somewhere. Thanks for the reminder, Trikes!

6. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Oh, R...J... you're just asking for it, buddy. Forget the promise of some other banner in the near future... this is just golden. [face_mischief]

Let's see... you could probably make my hell banner with Kyle Singler's ugly sweaty face all big and nasty for starters. Follow it up with a shot of Hansbrough's bloody face, and then smear annoying Dallas Cowboys fans across a good portion of it, 'cause there is no lack of them, for sure. Throw in Patrick Ewing and Latrell Sprewell for the annoying Knicks back in the day. Put Tiger Frickin' Woods on there, 'cause he's the only golfer anyone knows, it seems. Put a screenshot of a good women's basketball game being shown on some second-rate station or ESPN2, 'cause I'll already know it's being upstaged by a mediocre game on the prime networks. You know... even if you tossed in Joseph Forte, that would depress me due to the waste of potential. The Virginia Tech Hokie could easily be the ad placeholders.

7. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I knew posting this thread was a bad idea :p

8. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Yanks losing to Red Sox in 2004, Tony Romo fumble in Seattle, the 94 baseball strike, the NYR minus 1994, George Steinbrenner 80s version.

9. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Another one for me:

Rolando Howell, a McDonald's All American power forward who came to USC... and stunk it up for 3.5 years, finally started playing up to his potential in late January or early February of his senior year, then broke his arm after a few games and ended his career. [face_frustrated]

10. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Where have I heard that before? :p

And did you really think that Trikes wouldn't make an R...J Hell banner? [face_shame_on_you]

11. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    No, I figured it was inevitable.

And yeah, you might have seen that paragraph somewhere before [face_whistling]

12. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Well, I'm glad that you were at least expecting sometime. There's some hope for you. :p

I don't know where I saw that before. [face_whistling]

13. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    All forms of the Dallas Cowgirls, Michael Vick, Ben Rothelisberger, and with the exception of Jason Campbell, all the Redskins QBs from Heath Schuler onwards.

14. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    2004 AFL Grand Final, 2009 AFL preliminary final, 2005 and 2006 preliminary finals, Roethlisberger/Santonio Holmes and his stupid toetap, Dwyane Wade shooting 800 free throws.

15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

All you need to complete that axis of evil is to root for the San Francisco Giants. Anyways, because I'm a masochist, here are pictures that would be on the Tunick hell banner (which, I encourage/would support it being made in case it's needed for an NBA Finals bet):

[image=http://rbvergara.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/2008-nba-finals.jpg]
    [image=http://cache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/celtics_06_19/celtics2.jpg]
    [image=http://hansgutknecht.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/ds16-dodgers23hg.jpg]
    [image=http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/joe-owens_impact/photo/jimmy-rollins-celebrates-nlcs-game-4jpg-bd30e834ae616065_large.jpg]
    [image=http://gallery.fotoglif.com/images/large/qyagfpdb0pzh.jpg]
    [image=http://www.corianton.com/tullyblog/uploaded_images/Fri_THE_HI-FIVES-794242.jpg]

2008-2009 L.A. Lakers: World Champions!:cool:

16. APOLLO608

APOLLO608 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2010
    I just noticed the little Kobe banner that says "post a reply before Kobe pwns your face." That would surly be on my hell banner somewhere.

I suspect we'll see a Tunick hell banner after the NBA Finals if you really wanted to start making bets. :p

//APOLLO608\\

17. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    lessee here... not that it'll ever get made or anything 'cause i'm like a non-bigshot, but just for kicks:

original tuck rule against the raiders, bloody evil call. both of them.

raiders losing to the bucs in the super bowl.

rod woodson the year after the football literally taking the ball out of a titan's wideout's hands and then getting into the endzone and it being blown dead for NO REASON. even the titan's fans booed that call, and for that to happen you KNOW it was bad.

kobe and the lakers. hate 'em.

celtics. hate 'em.

bosox and braves, hate 'em both. particularly boston beating the yankees to make it to the finals.

steelers. period.

patriots. period.

dale earndhart dieing. especially when combined with restrictor plates and the car of tomorrow.

the golden state warriors.

USC, just in general.

duke in general.

jordan playing baseball.

yea, suppose that's plenty.

18. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Yankees, Lakers, Cowboys, Tennessee (or hell, just throw the whole SEC in there), Duke, Tiger Woods, Patriots, the Rams (although they've gotten their comeuppance over the last few years), Kurt Warner and that sappy Dick Vermilion, that's all I can think of right now. I'm sure there's more!

19. JMJacenSolo

JMJacenSolo Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2006
    Ronde Barber returning the interception in the 2002 NFC Championship Game.

The helmet catch

Derek Fisher's 0.4 shot

The referees from Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals

Anything involving the 2006 AFC Championship Game

Anything involving college basketball

Ben Roethlisberger (would have been on there even before any of this latest stuff)

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    kobe making out with a-rod on the fifty yard line at texas stadium.

21. Dark_Lightning

Dark_Lightning Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2005
    A dead horse, because horse racing is a horrible, evil, sport. Lakers, Duke, George Steinbrenner, French soccer team (mens). The Cubs.

22. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    [face_laugh]

You know, with Photoshop, anything's possible. And that's disturbing as hell to think about.

23. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I'm not sure disturbing covers it :p

24. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Ladies and gentlemen, the only person on the planet that hates Kurt Warner. :p

25. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I may have to include Oklahoma City on my hell banner.

2008-2009 L.A. Lakers: World Champions!:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.