main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY What's your favorite Star Wars book?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Wil_Sinistar, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wil_Sinistar

Wil_Sinistar Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2006
    Forum is dead, so lame questions insue. My favorite is probably Vector Prime.

2. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    Well, that's easy. The Jedi Academy Trilogy. Parts of the story may have been contradicted by the prequels, but I think it's easily one of the best ones out there.

3. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Oddly enough I believe I, Jedi is actually my favorite.

4. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    I would probably have to go with the first Zahn trilogy. I think there are also some great stories in the comics too though.

5. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    *cough*darkempire*cough*

6. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    The comics like the novels are hit and miss. Lots of people hated Dark Empire but many did like it. Sure the interior art kinda sucked but the Doorman covers are what sold that book. Anybody that has not read any of the "Tales of the Jedi", Tales, Empire, and lots of good one-shot stuff really should give it a try.

7. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    So far my favorite has been Children of the Jedi.

8. LordTreyger

LordTreyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    Here is the list:

1. Darth Vader: The Purge (Dark Horse)
    2. Heir to the Empire (Del Rey/Lucas Books)
    3. Clone Wars Volume 1 TPB (Dark Horse)
    4. Empire 1-4 (Dark Horse)
    5. Rogue Planet (Del Rey/Lucas Books)
    6. Star Wars Infinities: Empire Strikes Back (Dark Horse)
    7. Aayla Secura one shot (Dark Horse)
    8. Dark Force Rising (Del Rey/Lucas Books)
    9. NJO: Vector Prime (R.I.P. Chewie) (Del Rey/Lucas Books)
    10. Star Wars Infinities: Return of the Jedi (Dark Jedi)

9. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    I would have to say Vector Prime and Courtship of Princess Leia. (I thought that was very entertaining)

10. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    All of the STAR WARS storybooks that I got from weekly reader are awesome.The Zahn books were good.I liked the jedi academy stuff too. the book where Chewie dies was good.I was kinda pissed at Han for awhile.Did anyone ever read "The Force of Star Wars"? It came out right after the 1st movie and it explores/compares the movie to the bible. Speaking of the past,Splinter of the Mind's Eye was kinda cool as were the Han Solo at Star's End books.In comics the entire marvel run is awesome! And any of the classic Star Wars(which I believe is just newspaper strips) was so important to me back then that I cut them out and glued them together to make a comic book thingy. Most of the stuff Dark Horse has done I would say is about 65% good.I hate to lump it all in there together but I can't break down whats good and whats not.I do not think anything they have done is terrible though. Darth Vader vs. Darth Maul was SUPER COOL!Does anyone remember the activity books that were Star Wars themed? I wanna say they came out during/post EMPIRE.they were cool. All of the movie novels were cool.I do remember crying when Vader took his mask off in JEDI.He had a whole flashback sequence which I haven't read lately so it might not go with continuity. Also back in the day you had to read STARLOG or FANTATIC FILMS.It was there that I first learned of the battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin on a volcano. I remember seeing the 2nd Death Star in TIME magazine right before Jedi came out.(I thought it was the remains of the first one).Man I'm talking alot. I am gonna stop ...................now.

11. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    My favorite star wars story was from a Tales of Star Wars comic from many years ago. It is about han and chewie go thru a time warp or something and end up in our galaxy, they crash land on earth in the 1800's and chewie is seen running thru the woods, starting the old tale of Big Foot. They fight with indians, and other such adventures, but the best part of the story is that the ruins of the falcon are discovered by Indiana Jones in the 1930's. Obviously this doesn't fit into official cointinuety but its still a great story. pv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.