main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When Teaching Projects Go So Very Wrong!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    ROFLMJBO!!!!

OMG I can feel for this teacher..

*Rachel edit: Um, yeah.. finally got around to reading that, and it was fine until the picture popped up. Can't post that, I'm afraid. You can post what the ARTICLE said, if you'd wish (even though I do belive it's been confirmed as an urban legend.)*

2. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Oh DEAR! Whether or not those were actually done for a class project, I'm not sure. But what a hilarious story, and it's certainly plausible! Thank you for the smile... :)

- Kai

3. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Oh my my my. :oops:

4. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Yes they were actually done for a class project. I first saw this at a seminar I was attending and the presenter was either (a) the teacher that actually accidently did it or (b) was close friends with the teacher that actually did it. (I can't remember exactly which one..was laughing too hard at the time) But it was a major oops and how do I get myself out of this type of moment.

What the story didn't go into was the teacher going nuts trying to figure out how to
    dispose" of the cacti without upsetting the kids... lol

But yeah it's great isn't it!!??

5. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Cool...it's even funnier knowing for certain it was, in fact, a true story. :)

- Kai

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Kim, it's a confirmed Urban Legend. Sorry to rain on your parade. ;)

7. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Ohhh then the presenter at our Step Up To Writing 4-day Seminar is sooooo busted...cause she is the one that told us it really happened and told us that she was the one who did it.

One of the teacher's here remembered which seminar we saw it at and that it was the Presenter that said that she, herself, was the one that did it and handed out copies of the pics.

So, Miana, you didn't rain on the parade... but funny that the Presenter is now busted over the story. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.