main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp When would you like to have the August meet?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Aug 8, 2007.

?

When would you like to have the August meet?

Poll closed Aug 13, 2007.
  1. August 18

20.0%
  2. August 25

80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey guys and gals, it's that time again. Figuring that this weekend would be too soon, the two dates that we would have available for a meet would be Aug 18 and 25. The venue has yet to be decided, so through out some suggestions!

2. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok everyone........

Looks like we may have a date all set so now the place.......

Everyone is more than welcome to have it here, being my place. Most everyone know where I live. (Somersworth) Depending on the number of people we have turning out I can all ways move it down to the rec room here where I live.

The time well be from 12pm noon to ...lets say 4pm. ? You are all more than welcome to stay however long you wish. For the most part that is .lol

Just let me know what everyone think and we'll go from there.

SeeYa,
    TK

3. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    I think I am going to be out of town for that weekend, unless I can convince Tuesday to come home early from a trip to her parent's house in PA...I dont' want to miss the clearance sale!! Any chance I could come by this weekend (Saturday mid-day, or sometime on Sunday) to take a peek?

4. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    You are more than welcome to stop by whenever. Just give me a call. I believe I'll be working on it for most of the day Saturday. So I'll be around.

That's goes for anyone else out there. Please feel free to come by whenever. Just ring me first you do not have to wait till the meeting.

Seeya,
    TK

Steve you take more trips than .....? I have NO idea what takes that many trips. lol But I'm sure whatever it would be you still take more. lol :)

5. MasterAdana

MasterAdana Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2007
    YOur place would be perfect since my travel time will only be 10 minutes. Sorry I haven't called but Darth RL kept me busy and I went to a Jedi Gathering last weekend.

6. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    It's still up in the air I believe on the meeting place. But we will have something posted soon for everyone in plenty of time to make plans.

SeeYa,
    TK

By the way ... what is this Jedi Gathering you mentioned?

7. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok Everyone,

It look like the Vote goes to the 25th.

So the 25th. It is! AGAIN the NEXT MEETING IS ON THE SATURDAY 25th of AUG. Time to be determined.

I am still awaiting any in put to a meeting place? I'll keep this open till, lets say this Friday. At that time if we have NO other places in mind ... it well be held here at my place. We'll call it ...

RANCHO TK !! lol :)

We are all so still looking for meeting topics? I believe we will be working on new movie scrips. SO please bring ALL ideas. I think we'll being have a game of pocket models so bring them. If anyone has picked up anything else new bring it for show & tell. lol I'd like to see some of the NEW models Brandon has been working on so I'll call him and let him know.

Plus if we do have it here, I'll have the collection room open to play in. Plus, I'll be hosting the Cleanace Sale !! You bring lots of $$$ Because rebulic credits are NO good here.

Ok them... I hope to see some more new posting going on. I like the fact that we have a couple new people in the place. That's ALL WAYS a good thing. So till next time boy's & girls.

SeeYa,
    TK

8. MasterAdana

Apr 21, 2007
    The Jedi Gathering is a get together of Jedi or those who are training to become Jedi. We held the last one in Western NY, Angelica, to be precise. I am part of a community named the Jedi Resource Center (name will be changed soon to something more apropriate) and also take classes at the Jedi Academy. See link below. The foundation for this is the fiction and the philosophy of SW but we are taking this a step farther. Within the next two years we will move to an offline community as well.

http://www.jediresourcecenter.org/smf/index.php
    http://www.the-jedi-academy.org/moodle/login/index.php (you can sign in as Guest and take a look around)

A lot of people see us as a bunch of *nutcases* but we are actually not. I can talk about this at the next meeting a bit more if anyone is interested.

Looking forward to the next meeting.

I had an idea. We could always meet somehwere else, in a pub of restaurant, perhaps? Just a quick idea before I have to go back to work.

9. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003

Allllllllll...... Right then. lol :)

I'm sure there are some people out there that would like so more info.

Now back to the meeting ............

I believe there will be a change in the date!? I'll know more by Wednesday. I believe it will be moving to Sunday the 26th. I am still working it over. I have has a couple of you guy call and ask for it on Sunday due to work/family stuff on Saturday. A few more missed out on the voting all together. It looks like we would be able to have a few more people on Sunday if we had it than. So I will make a few more calls over the next couple of days and let everyone know by Wednesday.

If anyone was planning to make it Saturday and can do Sunday let me know. I believe I may just run one more poll and see how it comes out.

If anyone out there is thinking of Sunday and can see what you can do to make it Saturday. That may help as well. I can do both, NO PROBLEM but Saturday is a better day because we would be able to have it longer and hangout a bit more. I have an empty house on Saturday so we can go till whenever.

I know meeting in the past on Sunday mostly run short due to everyone needing to be home for work the next day. Either way the meeting will be the weekend of the 25th & 26th. I know for sure by Wednesday.

SeeYa,
    TK

PS> The idea of having it a pub or restaurant is a good one and in the beginning we tried that a couple of times. There are a few down sides to that .... One being the ability to talk opening about Star Wars in public. lol Some people feel weird. It's also hard to do true meeting business. lol It's not as personable in a setting like that. Sometimes it's hard to move about. And lastly that cost MONEY $$$ :)

There is all ways a bill at the end of a meeting like that. When we are able to do then at someone's place we tend to have more fun. We can lay back and most of all.... it's FREE !! Everyone just bring a little something and we're all set.

It this meeting I will be showing everyone the community place we have where were I live. If we begin to have a good number of people making meeting and joining the group again we can start having the meeting there. It is a great big space and again ...it's FREE! Remember people we NO long collect due of any kind. So FREE is what we look for. lol :)

SeeYa,
    TK

10. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    If I make it,(baby sitter pending) I'll be bringing the sabers I made and I'm Curently working on a comlink. Should have it finished in a day or two. I also could bring the snow speeder if anyones interested in seeing that.

hope to c ya soon.
    andy

11. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Seems that Sunday on the 26th would be best for me now too, considering that a family outing has come up. If things change before then, I'll let everyone know.

Any, bring the snowspeeder. It looks pretty cool in the pics!

12. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    John..........?

Who the heck is Any ? Huuummmmmmm.....? We have an Andy, or did you just want Any one to bring a Snowspeeder?

lol! :)

SeeYa,
    TK

13. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    NEW MEETING DATE !!

OK EVERYONE !! This is the LAST change. Due to lots of phones calls and people coming and going in & out of town all next week. The NEW meeting date is .....

SUNDAY Aug. 26th. from 12pm to 6pm!

It will be held at my place in Somersworth. We will be having it here at the house and moving it over to storage at some time for shopping. lol! If we have a really large turn out we will be moving the meeting down to the commons in the next bluilding over.

As ALL WAYS! We will be doing Star Wars...Duh So please bring anything you'll like to talk about. We'll have the movies going and the X-box up and running. Still looking for some to bet me in Battlefront. lol John ??? Hummmmmmm..... Brandon......I don't think so!

I'm sure we will be tring to get in a game of pocket modles as well. So bring them. All so you are more than welcome to bring any drinks or food items you wish. Just make a posting some everyone is not bring the some things. You all know I ALL WAYS have something out for everyone.

For anyone NEW coming to the meeting ........Welcome!! We can't wait to meet you all. Please come opened mind and looking to have some fun. We are closest geeks just like you. Although some of us are a little more out of the closest than others........ lol :) Shhhhh..I won't tell

Ok till then. Please let me know if ANYONE needs ANYTHING or if you just have questions. Please ask. That what I'm here for.

SeeYa,
    TK

PS> You do not have to stay till 6pm. lol I just put that time down so we'd have something to go by. You can stay longer. You can come and go as you please. You are all big kids now. I'm sure you can handle it. Heck some you people may show up and say what in @#$% are these people doing! lol :) Don't worrie we hold back till the 2nd. meeting.

14. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    HELLO!!

Were are all the postings about you guy's coming to the meeting?! lol :)

Do the times work? The place OK? Food? It well be here before you know it.

SeeYa,
    TK

lol :p

15. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    I was thinking if we made it we can make a batch of chili. sound good?

16. MasterAdana

Apr 21, 2007
    Sunday is fine with me. Mikey is excited to see you guys again.

Anything special you would like me to bring?

17. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Everyone can bring anything they wish. Just make sure you post it. So everyone else knows whats coming.

SeeYa,
    TK

18. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Good Morning Everyone!!

I do hope everyboby is having a good week so far? Let's see today is ....

WEDNESDAY !!

I still have not seen any posting on who is going to be making it Sunday. That's only 4 day's away. I do know 2/3 people that will be making it for they have called.

So far we have ........
    TK (Me)
    John
    Diana
    Brandon
    Jess

I will update this list as more people confirm they are coming. I will start sending out PM reminder of the meeting Starting tonight and tomorrow.

SeeYA,
    TK

19. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    Well you can count me in! I got a sitter for the kids so put Andy and Tara on that list.

20. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    ou got it.......up date to follow.

SeeYa,
    TK

21. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    UPDATED LIST ! :)

So far we have ........
    TK (Me)
    John
    Diana
    Brandon
    Jess
    Andy
    Tara

Come on people I'd like to see a lot more names up here .lol

SeeYa,
    TK

22. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Me and the Missus should be there around 2:30-3:00 (damn double booking! :p) We'll bring some chips and soda if that's ok

23. MasterAdana

Apr 21, 2007
    I can bring some pasta salad

24. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

So today is the day. I do hope to see a good number of the you here with us today. Again the meeting starts around 12ish and goes till whenever? I do know a few people will be coming in late and thats just fine.

It looks like we we'll have a few new people with us today ,so this may just start out as a meet & greet in the beginning. As you all know we have NO real schedule to follow. lol So ...........with that I'll see everyone today.

Please remember to call if you need help finding the place. lol

SeeYa,
    TK

25. MasterAdana

Apr 21, 2007
    I am sorry I could not be there. I was going to call but did not find any of the numbers I had. I hope to be there next time.
    I am having furniture delivered tomorrow and needed to get the old stuff out of the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.