main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Where Do You Want To Have The Anniversary Dinner

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by tre_si_san, Jan 9, 2006.

?

Where Do You Want To Have The Anniversary Dinner

Poll closed Jan 30, 2006.
  1. Dave & Busters Crossroads Mall $$$$$

50.0%
  2. PF Changs Chinese Quarry $$$$

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Tony Romas - Rivercenter Mall $$$$

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Tomatillos Mexican Restaurant Broadway $$$

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Grady's BBQ $$

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Cheesy Jane's Burgers Broadway $$

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Earl Abels Broadway "Hey Why Not??" $$

50.0%
  8. Pizza Place Blanco & 410 $

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    Marselles has me hungry already...Ribs (How much for one rib??.....) I have come up with 8 places of possible interest for our anniversary dinner. Then again do we want a night party or a day party?? Are we combining the meeting and dinner, and if so, are we going to have both events on the same day?? Restaurants are listed from most expensive to least expensive. You do spend quite a bit of money at D&B's.

C'mon members lets start voting....

2. Obsydian

Obsydian Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2005
    If the meeting and the dinner are combined I shall need a ride I think, as this little new member has no car. :_|
    Hmm, now to decide on which one sounds good..

3. JEDI_SHADOWTECH

JEDI_SHADOWTECH Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I'm up for anywhere & anytime you guys set this up for. A meeting would be good for those of us who are coming aboard (a meet & greet). By doing this we can talk about our next function and find out how many of us are planning to attend this anniversary dinner...that day of the meeting or the following Saturday. I'm fine either way, but I will need a ride if we do anything after the meeting.

4. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I'm sure we can accommodate you Brittany . . .

We won't make you walk.

-John

5. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    I'd be happy to offer my chauffeur services to you Brittany if you require. I'll even clean my car! :D

6. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    What if the monkey calls, "SHOTGUN?!" How is Brittany going to feel having to ride in the back seat??[face_laugh]

7. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Well, if the monkey calls shotgun, I will just have to spank it!!! MWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Ahhhh, Alex, you delivered that one to me on a silver platter with garnish, my man. :p

Seriously, the monkey knows his place. Brittany will obviously get the front seat. Of course now that she thinks I'm nuts, I'm sure giving her a lift won't be necessary now.

Well played Prancer....weeeeelll played. Until next time. [face_thinking]

8. JEDI_SHADOWTECH

Nov 12, 2005
    Hey, don't forget about me? I know I'm not as pretty as Brittany[face_blush] you know I am human...if you cut me I do bleed. I feel sooooooo unwanted:_| :_|

9. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    I wouldn't want to forget about you, Ernest, my friend! I tell you what, if you and the Monkey[face_monkey] have a fight..to the death[face_skull] ..and you win, then I'll give you a ride too. :--) Just kidding, I'd be happy to give you a lift bro.

10. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Thanks for compiling the list, Alex. I was wracking my brain trying to come up with a list of restaurants. I just saw an add in the Current that Dave & Busters has a special. $14.99 for one of the 9 entrees from the power menu and a $10 power card, a pretty good deal for food and games.

I think we need to have a normal(is there any such thing for us?) meeting on the weekend of Jan. 21, since we didn't have a regular meeting last month, and we have some new people. Then we can plan and get an idea of how many people plan to attend the party, and we can have the party the following weekend, Jan. 28. We also need to decide on a time. I don't remember what the policy is for people under 21 at Dave & Busters. Does anyone know? Just something to consider...

Anyway, if you know of someone who has not voted, please pass it on and remind them to vote.

Lisa

11. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Last I heard the policy was that someone over 21 had to accompany anyone under 21 at all times. This was years ago and I'm sure they've eased up on that since, I think. I don't think we'll have any problems.

12. NY_JEDI

NY_JEDI Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2005
    Earl Abels? Don't Elephants go there to die?
    COME ON PEOPLE IT?S A CELEBRATION!

We need a place for my loud obnoxious voice to be drowned out plus I didn't get that freaking X-Box... Stupid Santa, I HATE HIM! I need to get my game on!!
    Say it with me D&B! D&B! D&B!

Oh yeah, Happy Freaking New Year!

13. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    Hey Carlos, welcome back!! I figured since you disappeared, maybe you went to Earl Abels...[face_laugh] BTW, do you still have my armor??? Private message me plz...........Thanks....

14. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    I think before we can decide for sure what we want to do, we need to decide if we want to have the party after the meeting or on a different day. If we have it after the meeting, then Earl Abels makes more sense because it's close to Atomic Comics. If we want to have a real celebration (like Carlos suggested :)) then we should have it at Dave & Busters.

Whatever we end up doing, we need to decide ASAP!

Lisa

15. Obsydian

Obsydian Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2005
    Haha, thanks for the ride offers! :D

I had a random idea for a future event, that spawned off of something we did in highschool. We would buy a lot of pizza and drinks, then rent out Laser Quest for the entire night. A lock in. That could be fun for some time, shoot lasers at each other, yadda yadda. [face_dancing]

16. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    Hi Brittany,

We have done laser quest before but never in lockdown mode. Here's hoping to planning some calendar time at Saturday's meeting. I hope you join us.

17. ST-NG-JEDI

ST-NG-JEDI Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Hey Carlos, dude I thought you were, well, dead! [face_skull] Glad to hear those rumors of your untimely demise are incorrect. =D= FYI, as for your ?loud obnoxious voice?, even it might not be heard even at D & B. We held a club meeting there and it was way too loud to hear everyone over the games in the background in the dinning area. D & B is an awesome place, as for food a plethora of delicious entrées are on the menu with variety of prices.

PS,[face_praying] I might have an inside track getting a new X-Box that was on display (might even include the LED TV used for this item), my brother works at a certain electronic store and well let?s just say, Santa is welcome at my place, even after Christmas!

I agree with Lisa, we ?need to decide if we want to have the party after the meeting or on a different day.? If we have it after the meeting, at Atomic Comics, ?it makes more sense because it's close to Atomic Comics. ?Whatever we end up doing, we need to decide ASAP!? I also like the fact that ?an add in the Current that Dave & Busters has a special. $14.99 for one of the 9 entrees from the power menu and a $10 power card, a pretty good deal for food and games.? I like that, at that price we could play some games and eat. [face_dancing]

ST-NG-Jedi

18. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    My votes' for D&B

John

19. JEDI_SHADOWTECH

Nov 12, 2005
    I don't really mind where we have this Anniversary Dinner...but I have a friend who works at the Rainforest. She says its a nice restueant with resonable $$ rates and its not that fancy. So what do you think...........;) ;)

20. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    I've been meaning to go to the Rainforest Cafe now that it's open. The only problem with it is that it's downtown, and parking is expensive and difficult. Also, the restaurant just opened a few weeks ago, so it's probably really hard to get into on the weekend. It's definitely a suggestion to keep in mind for the future. I wish there was a space themed restaurant like that. It would be the perfect place for us to hang out.

21. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    Alright, let's cut to the chase -

Meeting This Saturday at Atomic - that way new and old members can get acquainted and we can make arrangements for those that need rides for the Party.

Then -

Party - Next Saturday the 28th at Dave and Busters at 8pm.

See you there

John

22. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    John has spoken! I agree. It will give the new people time to get acclimated and make them feel more comfortable at the party! Can't wait!

23. NY_JEDI

NY_JEDI Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2005
    I love you guys...@};- And Marz, I am not dead. Overworked and underpaid
    yes dead no.

Hey what do you Cowpokes think about Star Wars night
    at the Rodeo? This Yankee is curious to learn about your crazy
    riding farm animal ways.

Or do you have that planed already?[face_cowboy]

Remember Aldaraan!!!!

24. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    Heeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm up for showing the yankee some mutton bustin'........New York City????? Git a rope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Carlos, my yankee friend! I never said you were dead, that was Robert. And you misspelled Alderaan, by the way. Dude, you want to go to the Rodeo?! I've lived here 24 years and have never been.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.