main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where O Where are the new figures?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Darth_Stove, Sep 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    On a side trip to Target today, I caught a glimpse of deluxe Yoda. I'm not sure what to think of it.

Anyway, that's the newest one I've seen here.

2. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    the TRU at the mall had the "new" unleashed

The vader is sweet!!! But unfortunatly i dont have 15 bucks to use for him. :_|

3. NintendoFreak329

NintendoFreak329 Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2002
    I've been looking all over the east coast and the newest figures are djas phur, palpatine, bespin chewie, and pilot obi-wan. I've been looking forward to the new Maul and Ki-adi-mundi for months now! If it takes this long for these figures it'll be months before I get my hands on the gunship!

4. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    TRU in Brisvegas Aus
    Had all the new unleashed and Ki-Adi and Teemto plus 12" Dooku, SBD and Zam Wessell

5. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Where O where ARE the new figures? I really wish I knew...theres alot of Palpatines and Mundis up where I live...I duno about you though.

6. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Ki-Adi Mundi is a great figure! ;)

7. darkOmegazer0

Aug 18, 2002
    He sure is Drac, he sure is.

8. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I have #1-40... the only ones that presented a slight problem were #23 yoda jedi master and #27 Count Dooku Dark Lord, but I got those at Comic-Con.

But I haven't seen anything past #40 ANYWHERE! Target, Kmart, Wallmart, KB.... I need to go to TRU though, but it's about 30 mins away from my house, and in an area I never go to except rarely for TRU runs. Hopefully they'll have some!!!

9. yavinjabba

yavinjabba Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    About a month ago, while visiting the East Coast, I went into a Target in New Jersey looking for the elusive accessory packs and found a Tusken Anakin and Maul instead.

I also found Ki Adi and Teemto at a Kay Bee,

but other than that and back here in California, (with the exception of one Target where I found the newer deluxe figs), nothing.

10. BucMan55

BucMan55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I've found the 12" Dooku, BD, and Zam. Also the accessory packs and cantina sets...

But no deluxe beyond Nexu(whom I first saw on July 4th) and no regular figs beyond Palpatine and Puhr.

You're finding too many stores unable to move product from supplememtal shipments post 4/23. They had such an initial wave of purchases that the replinishments have been overkill. Many of the first weeks purchases were made by the hype for the movie. Now that it's out of the theaters(and many peoples minds), there isn't the hype.

I warned about this last April...that you won't have too much problems getting the first few new waves...but after a while, the interest dies down and older stuff stays on the shelves keeping newer stuff from arriving.

I can almost guarantee that a decent Mace Windu figure would have kept it from becoming a pegwarmer...

You'll notice that most of the A-List figures(character and design of figure) aren't the pegwarmers...

11. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    I live in Northern NJ and I haven't seen any New 4 inch figures in a while! :_| Last new one I got was Anakin Tatooine Attack, but that was OnLine. Never seen Deluxe Yoda or 3PO in store or Padme, Jango, or Clone pilots, Ki, or Teemto either!! :( :( Where are they! :mad:
    Today I went to 2 TRUs 2 KBs 2 KMarts & a comic shop and came home with NOTHING NEW!! :( Maybe I'll get Lucky tomorrow, Me & a fellow SW Collector buddy are going toy huntin again. ;) :)
    P.S. I have seen alot of New 12 inch (Electronic too), New X-Wings, & New speeder lately. But Where's The GUNSHIP???????!!!

BTW YavinJabba :eek: :eek: is all I can say, You're very Lucky! And I'm kind of curious,If you know, what town that target was in? Thanks

12. yavinjabba

yavinjabba Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    LittleGreenMaster,

do you mean the Target where I found the Anakin (Windsor, NJ); or the Target where I found the new deluxe figs (Long Beach, CA)?

For some reason, I've found Targets to be more reliable on getting the deluxe figures ahead of time. I imagine I'll look there first for the Clonetrooper on Speederbike.

BTW, Bucman, does anyone know if this same problem affected TPM toys? I can't remember if this is why Sio Bibble and TC14 are so hard to come by.

13. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    It has reached the level of absurdity here in Tennessee. The newest figures I come across are the delux 3P0 and Yoda, neither of which I spent money on.

I guess I'll just save my cash for the 2003 waves. They seem to be more worthy of my blowing money on.

14. BucMan55

BucMan55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Yavin. The TPM troubles are the precise reasons I say that it will happen here...

Nobody had trouble getting the first two waves up to little Jedi Anakin. But after that....

Good luck....

15. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Well as I said in another thread, Every Store near me is frozen...They wont be getting any more shipments in for a while.

Of course that doesnt keep me from looking but it still sucks, Pretty much knowing that I wont find anything... :(

16. darkOmegazer0

Aug 18, 2002
    I must say, its alot easier to find the new figures at comic stores than wal-mart around my neck of the woods. (Central NJ) Theres one comic store that is pretty much a star wars store. They have all the deluxe yodas the mundi's the dookus and red battle droids. Go there and find what you are looking for. Ha not much help am i but filled with spirit.

17. NintendoFreak329

Sep 18, 2002
    I just came from a KB at my local mall and to my surprise they had everyone! I haven't seen any new figures since july(Paplaptine, Djas Phur etc.). They had Anakin Tatooine attack, Padme coruscant escape, my personal favorite darth maul sith training and they even had a few Jango pilots. Just keep looking and you'll find the new figures sooner or later

18. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "But Where's The GUNSHIP???????!!!"

THE? What the...?

I know where TEH GUNSHIP IS. IT'S IN MY ROOM, OMG!!!!111!!!!111!11 HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!111!111!!!!

^
    |
    |
    That was supposed to be lame. :p

19. darkOmegazer0

Aug 18, 2002
    THE gunship is huge-o. I have seen it in a dream once.

20. NintendoFreak329

Sep 18, 2002
    Hey I can't wait for the gunship but I probably won't have enough money anyway. What is the price of that thing?

21. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Good GOSH people. It's TEH GUNSHIP!!!!111!!1!!1

Oh, and teh gunship is $40.

22. darkOmegazer0

Aug 18, 2002
    Wow, tahts aloy of money /

23. NintendoFreak329

Sep 18, 2002
    thanks for the info sithman but it is worth me paying $40 now or can I just wait 'til x-mas?

24. darkOmegazer0

Aug 18, 2002
  25. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    All but the Clone pilot and Pilot Jango are at my house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.