main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Where were you when you heard about SW Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Force Smuggler, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    It was Halloween and my wife and I were giving out treats. One kid came to our door dressed as a Clone Trooper. The costume jogged my wife's memory I guess because when he left she said, "Oh yeah, did you hear that Disney is making Star Wars Episode 7?" ...I was like WHAT??? How could you forget to tell me this???? ...I hadn't checked online for over 24 hours which is rare for me. She had actually heard it on the radio the day before.

Echo-07 likes this.
  2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I was out grabbing lunch and running errands. swguru2004 texted me about it right when it was announced. I thought it was an internet hoax until he linked me to Disney's press release.

3. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Aside from reading the 1980s interviews years ago? :p I just got home from work, aiming to bake a pumpkin pie for Halloween. I somehow ended up Disney site on looking for how many episodes of Once Upon A Time have been out this season, an accidental click lol, and then I glanced the news. Didn't really register it as serious. And then I saw it reposted in my Facebook news feed from someone who's been an employee for the Disney company. And then saw it reposted by *everyone*.
    Attempt at a pumpkin pie was abandoned and I spend hours glued to my laptop. xD

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Probably tapping zombies, zombie cats and zombie dogs in Tapped Out.

5. YODA the all powerful

YODA the all powerful Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    I was on the throne at work when my Dad texted me with the news. Weird thing is he NEVER texts me.

JediKnightOB1 likes this.
  6. GargantuanThrillMachine

GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    sitting on the toilet and browsing on my iphone

7. Pimpsy

Pimpsy Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    ****ting on the toilet. As you can imagine I **** a lot more after that.

Ramza Edit: That word is not allowed.

8. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    At home, saw it blow up the internet.

Echo-07 likes this.
  9. jainasky

jainasky Jedi Master star 1

Jun 7, 2010
    Sitting here catching up on stuff since I've been so busy with Halloween and other things... saw the news thought it was a joke found out it wasn't and came here to confirm it was true, saw it was and I am now a very happy gal! :D

Echo-07 likes this.
  10. Remeral Vhett

Remeral Vhett Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    The first place I heard it was on the radio. Of course, being foolish, I paid the announcer no heed. Then I logged onto my Twitter account and lo and behold I saw the exciting/scary news.

Echo-07 likes this.
  11. robfett

robfett Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2002
    Many of you probably already read Pablo Hidalgo's great piece on StarWars.com in which he asks this very question. Indeed, I think we all do know when and where we were when the news broke. Even though it isn't particularly special or unique for me, it's a moment I will be loth to forget...

Wednesday, October 31st, Halloween. (I'm in China, so I was asleep when the news broke during the day for you guys.) First thing I do when I wake up is wake up my laptop and check my movie news. So I sat there in bed, alone in my apartment. There it was, Aint-it-cool-news, top of the page, in red letters:
    Disney Buys Lucasfilm For $4 Billion! STAR WARS EPISODE VII Scheduled For 2015 Release! Updated As Additional Info Comes In!

The untold stories after ROTJ, the forbidden tales which we were never meant to see, were actually happening. I swore. Loudly. Then spent the entirety of the day at work pinching myself to make sure it was all real... what a day. [face_peace]

Echo-07 likes this.
  12. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I was on a forum...

13. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I was waking up in my brand new home. I had to sit down for a moment to take the news in.

Echo-07 likes this.
  14. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    I was at home nurturing my Internet addiction.

15. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Saw it on Drudge a couple of seconds after it broke. I was driving south on M68 between Sac City and Lake View, Iowa

16. ElivagarV

ElivagarV Jedi Knight

Sep 11, 2012
    I had just got home from dropping off some job applications and the first post in my facebook feed was "They're making another Star Wars movie? That's just weird." I thought for sure it was a bunch of BS until I scrolled down and saw tons of posted articles about it.

Echo-07 likes this.
  17. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    I was lying in bed listening to NPR, I honestly thought I was dreaming within a dream.

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Driving on route 309 in PA. Picked up my iPhone at a red light and saw somebody posted something on Facebook about it. Told my GF who was also in the car I had to pull over. I kept thinking it was a April fools joke, but slowly realized it was real after I sat in my car and read and read, while GF was annoyed at me for stopping. Lol

Echo-07 likes this.
  19. CircaCitadel

CircaCitadel Jedi Padawan

Oct 10, 2012
    I saw someone post on Facebook "Which are you more excited about, new Community season next year or Star Wars Episode 7 in 2015?"

I was like "Star Wars is over silly goose..."

Boy was I wrong...

Lazy Storm Trooper and Echo-07 like this.
  20. Darth Stream

Darth Stream Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    I went to job, turn on polish radio and i was stunned by the news.
    I checked the news on official site and i had HUGE :D on my face.

Echo-07 likes this.
  21. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Logged on to internet and saw the report on my homepage. I logged off and back on thinking I had finally had enough to drink. It was still there.

Lazy Storm Trooper and Echo-07 like this.
  22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It was a week ago almost. Last Tuesday on my day off. I was here chatting with my buddy in LACWAC about how to fix the Onderon arc in TCW and boom. The forum went down presumable because of the slight news of Disney buying Lucasfilm. By the time it came back up the news was everywhere and everything had changed.

Echo-07 likes this.
  23. lightsaver

lightsaver Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    Just got home from the store with my wife and our sons (5 Y.O. and 3 month old, eldest of which saw Episode I in 3D in theater last Feb.). Got online and went to theforce.net saw the headline, did a double take but didn't think much of it. Thought it would just be a rumor. Until I went to nerdbastards.com and they had it as well, one more visit to firstshowing.net and I read the article and watched the clip. Jaw dropped, heart palpat(ine)ations, butterflies in the stomach. Still in shock, will be for a while.

Echo-07 likes this.
  24. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    It was around 4 am, and I was preparing to go to bed when I actually clicked by accident my Wired.com tab in the browser quickbar.
    I was slapped in the face by a huge title Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars 7 in 2015.
    I then proceeded to browse through all the news I could find, ending up around 7am on the Jedi Council boards trying to remember my old account's info...and miserably failing and then creating a new account.

Echo-07 likes this.
  25. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I was watching TV and my wife was online. She damn-near shouted it across the apartment. Did I mentioned, I not only got her into SW, but thanks to me, she not only attended this years SW Celebration but also got a Yoda tatoo? She also said she's preordering our tickets for VII.

Yeah, I brought her to the darkside.

Echo-07 likes this.