main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where will you see Episode 3?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by donsolo, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Jedi_Apprentice brings up a good point...

Would we all be willing to allow fellow boardmembers "jump up" in line here at Edwards (or other theatres?)? I can't make it until around 5pm or so that day, and I don't know about all of the rest of you. If we all could be together somehow in line, it'd help us with the "meeting" part of the FF stuff. :cool:

2. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    Am I the only one in theater 10? how weerd, and I'm kinda tired right now but the line up is on wednesday right? the stupid ticket is throwing me off, it says the 18th...

3. aero-

aero- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2002
    as of right now, i have the feeling i'm the only one seeing it opening night in merced :(

4. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    well, I have to keep telling myself that Sig has sold over 600 tickets already and none of them are for people in here... so there are plenty o fans out there so I won't be that alone... just all the really cool geeks with the good costumes will be at Edwards :(

5. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    Aero, dont worry.... There should be some 501st people at the opening in Merced....

6. Bladion

Bladion Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2005
    So, for the people lining up at Edwards, how early is everyone going to get there?

And has anyone else seen/bought the Star Wars-themed camping chairs that I saw at Wal-Mart the other day?

7. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I probably won't be able to make it to Fresno until around 5-6pm that Wednesday. I had asked earlier in this thread if people are willing to allow others to "line jump", in an effort to have another official meeting, but no one answered. What the..? :confused:

8. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    My wife and I plan on lining up at Edwards around 6 or 7 in the morning, we still have to find out what the earliest it you can get there. Used to be with Turner Security they wouldn't let you on the grounds untill 6, so we are going to find out later. Then our group of cronies will show up later in the day

9. Obi1kenny

Obi1kenny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Great to hear people are going to be there early in the morning! And like I said before I might have more to add to what I am talking aobut here soon.

10. Bladion

Bladion Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2005
    My wife and I plan on lining up at Edwards around 6 or 7 in the morning, we still have to find out what the earliest it you can get there.

My dad was wondering the same thing, so he called Edwards and a manager over there said that he didn't see a problem with 6:00AM, but he would call if he found out differently. I do know that Fresno PD won't allow any earlier than that because they won't allow parking. The whole sleeping in your car in the parking type deal.

Anyway, I doubt my wife and I will get there much earlier than around 10:00AM because we want to make sure the baby is ready. Granted, she's not going to come with us to the movie (not the midnight showing, anyway)-grandma will pick her up-but at least she'll hang out in line with mommy and daddy. Get her a little Star Wars exposure at a young age, right?

11. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Yes, all these answers, and no one (As usual) has addressed my question! :mad:

Are we going to all plan on convening in one place in line, to consider it a meeting, or are we just going to get in line when we get there separately, and not bother?

12. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    my no know... i'm sure we should all be in lines for our theaters, they were really strict about how people were allowed in the lobby last time, one theater at a time, remember? so who is in 10?

13. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    I want to know who's in Theatre 13!!! I want to show up at 7pm to be in line, but I have to leave for four hours between 11am-3pm. I want someone in Theatre 13 to save my spot until I'm back! If not, I guess I'll just line up at 3pm.

-Bryan

ps. Maybe we should start up a new thread just for the Edwards Line-Up.

14. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i think this thread is fine, but i think if you show up at 7pm you'll be pretty far back in line! hehe. i just remember for AOTC valens and I got in line around 2 thinking we'd be first in line, only to get there with like 40 people ahead of us, and you know all of those people had people coming later but we got okay seats still...

15. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Yeah, I meant 7am. :oops: My request stands, waiting for somebody else in Theatre 13 out there to speak! I don't want to have to show up after my last final exam at 3pm, as I'll be pretty far back in line!

16. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    From the non-addressing of the question I've posed, I'm going to assume we're making zero effort to put ourselves in the same place in line. In '02, it was one master line, regardless of theatre you were in. I figured that some of us here would allow the late-comers to come up in line with them, for the sake of the meeting, at least. No prob, though, but if you guys feel uncomfortable about the people coming late to have the ability to jump in line with you, just say so!

17. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    One master line in 2002? ....no there wasn't.

There's always been separate lines for each theater outside. And then once you're let inside, you just go where ever you want.

18. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    When I arrived at Edwards in 2002 for AOTC, there was just 1 huge line that went all the way around the building. There wasn't 3 or 4 separate lines, at least not that I noticed. If there were separate lines, then they did a good job making it look like 1 line.

Refresh me, though---Just because my tickets are for Theatre 11, doesn't mean I'll be in that theatre, right?

19. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    Hey guys, I need and address, website or directions to both Signature and Edwards theaters in Fresno, those are the 2 big ones right?

Thanks for the help.

20. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Addresses and the like should be available at fandango.com

Jirin_Raman - there were indeed separate lines for separate theaters outside. You'll have to wait in the Theatre 11 line outside. But once they let people in the building, anyone can go anywhere they want. My Theatre is 13, but when I get inside I plan to join my friends in Theatre 1.

21. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Thanks for the info, man.

I'm just assuming that I'll be heading to whichever theatre seems to be getting the least foot traffic, since it appears we're not making a concerted effort to gather together here from this board.

Another question (If you don't mind), since I didn't get an answer before: Are the screen sizes all the same in the various theatres at Edwards (IMAX screen not included, of course :cool: )? Thanks!

22. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    Ah crap, sorry for clutering your thread up here guys. I will be headed up to Sac on Wed morning and not Fresno, so forget I said anything.

But feel free to come up to Merced on Friday night as most of the Merced peeps will be out at this event that night. Here is the info again:

http://hooverae.com/upload/files/ep3flyer_sm.jpg

23. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    There are, of course, different sized theatres, Egyptian (Theatre 1) and Chinese (Theatre 21) being the biggest. But as for the screen size, I believe they're all the same. I don't know for sure though.

24. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    So who's going to be there at the crack of dawn tomorrow?

If you're waiting with a friend, maybe one of you can save my spot in my line. ;) Hehehe. Or maybe I'll find someone else in the Theatre 13 line tomorrow that can save my spot.

25. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Update: I'm not going to make the midnight show. I'm not going to be able to go until 12:15 pm on the 20th (Friday) at Edwards. I took the day off from my day job. A buddy and I are going and I got my tickets well in advance.

I'll see it as many times as I can on the weekend!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.