main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Where'd you see AOTC for the first time?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Saintheart, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    ...Mainly because I'm wondering if there are people here who lined up for the midnight premiere at the Hoyts Complex in central Perth...just to say I was there :p

And if so, were you in costume (and do you still have your costume??) :D

I was #4 in line along with a couple of other punters. Someone brought SW Trivial Pursuit along...? Any memories...?

2. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I was number #6 in line at the Bunbury Grand Cinemas at 12.00 midnight to see AOTC. I was not in costume.

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    I went to 12.01 screening in greater union, innaloo with most of the former outer rim people.
    I went as cross between a sith in black , but my cape looked elfish.

4. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I was at the 12:01 screening at fox studios in Sydney with FFNSW.

5. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    I went to the 7pm Variety club screening at Carousel. That worked out about midnight NZ time. When I got home I jumped online and compared notes with some of the NZ guys over on the sw rpg network forums, and we bragged about how it was good to beat the US to see something :)

Edit: I then went to the 11am screening on thursday just round the corner from my place :)

6. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I was at the outer-rim screening which, meant that like Cleopatra, I was at the front of the line. I was dressed as a rebel trooper, but my costume was mostly ignored since I was with my wife Princess Lego who had an extremely cool Amidala outfit. :)

7. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    We had an Amidala costume (and wearer) in the line as well. Made us (me and the other guy dressed as Jedi) wonder who got the more looks when we toddled down the Hay Street Mall looking for pizzas at about 8:00 p.m. that night.

EDIT: For some reason the Jedi Mind Trick didn't work on the guy at Domino's...

8. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    'I went to the 7pm Variety club screening at Carousel'

I also went to the same screening in which me, myself and JediNat spent most of the time looking for Grizz.

(not really, justed to make you feel wanted Grizz ;) )

9. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I went to the 6pm VIP screening at Village Crown in Melbourne, but I didn't get to see the film cause I also had to go to the 7pm Variety club screening at the same place.

Shame I can't be two places at once.

10. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    I was at the outterim screening... that was awsome... i dressed as a jedi!

11. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Seems I have the sad story: By myself at Southlands on Thursday night, and the cinema wasn't even half full.

But hey, the movie was great :)

12. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    I dressed in a t-shirt & jeans. :p

13. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Yeah, well, I wore a jumper too :)

14. MariaLuna

MariaLuna Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    Okay, I've got my organizer here... I saw AOTC for the first time with my parents at 7:30pm on Friday May 17 at Belmont Reading Cinemas. I saw it for the second time with my friends at the same cinema the following Friday. Didn't dress up in costume for either of them, unless you count a Padawan braid! On the 17th the cinema was packed and we had to queue. There were so many kids (well, I guess you could count me with them...) as well as Star Wars fans and I remember the atmosphere was amazing, everyone was so excited! They laughed and cheered throughout the whole movie. Really made the 'Star Wars' experience. :) The second time I saw AOTC was with an audience full of adults and it was like I was sitting with a bunch of critics.

15. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Yep I know exactly where your coming from, some adluts take it too seriously and start to take the fun out of it but then again babies in the cinema can be sometime ruin the experience also. Its all in the luck of the draw.

16. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    When I went the thursday morning screening in Midland I ended up with 2 grannies and 2 grandpas plonk themselves down next to me. At the end of the film the 2 old guys were chatting away about how good the film looked shot digitally and chatted away about a lot of the technical aspects of the SFX :eek:

17. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Thats because in their day they either had no TV or if they did have a TV it was in Black & White. Give it a few more years and we'll be sending them into comas!

18. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    hehehee These guys probably saw the first talkies!!!

19. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    They probably watched movies set "a long time ago" when they were still being promoted as contemporary issues!

20. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    `I was number #6 in line at the Bunbury Grand Cinemas at 12.00 midnight to see AOTC. I was not in costume.'

Hmmm. You weren't the guy who said I suck because I clapped during Yodas fight were you? [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.