main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which Era do you play?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by jhc36, Jun 17, 2003.

?

Which Era do you play?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Pre clone wars era

19.3%
  2. Clone Wars Era

7.0%
  3. During Episodes IV, V, or VII

33.3%
  4. After Return of the Jedi

14.0%
  5. During the New Jedi Order

26.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I play AU -- so it's not really applicable... :(

(we spanned pre-TPM, Rebellion-era and now post-ROTJ -- but all in a completely different universe...)

3. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    I Gm during the NJO, but currently i am playing in the rebellion era. When thats done, i'll be running an NJO campaign again.

4. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    im playing during the njo for about 9 mos now. i guess according to the books we're on the third one.

5. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Last Saturday, I started running a Clone Wars campaign. :D

6. Tremaniac

Tremaniac Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Most of my games are run in the classic trilogy setting. The one d20 game I've got going is between TPM and AotC.

7. steelcat

steelcat Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2002
    Recently we've been playing in the pre-clone war area... jumping in on the clone war action towards the end. NJO just doesn't do it for me...

8. Myaha

Myaha Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I run a campaign 2 years before TPM (going on until our dark jedi are finished) and one 1 year after ANH (going on...maybe into NJO)

voted for the OT era 'cause that was the subject of our last SW session ;)

9. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    We are currently running a Rise of The Empire campaign, but I voted NJO because we just finished one, and somebody already has a new one in the planning stage.

10. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Our current campaing started right after the Zahn Trilogy with the New Republic rebuilding after Thrawn. And when I say right after I mean, hours after the final defeat of Thrawn! :)

11. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Played mostly in the "Rebellion era," back in the day, and then during the post-ROTJ years, thanks to the Timothy Zahn books, but then the people I played with cooked up some terrific "Clone Wars era" campaigns and hooks that we used...but this was all actually pre-1999, using info from the West End sourcebooks like the Dark Empire one and a few others.

Now, though, there's a *mountain* of official prequel-era data available, so I envy you guys greatly. ;)

12. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    After ROTJ, but in an AU.

13. DarthArraKul

DarthArraKul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    my group has payed in every era from TotJ thru post NJO

right now we are playing before KotOR and it is going quite well

14. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    my group and i finally settled on the TOTJ/KOTOR era. we really like the fact that it's a lot more open than the PT, OT, or post-ROTJ eras.

oh, and i'm going to work out some way to make the Mandalorian Wars the players' fault. it's always good to know that you're making a contribution... :)

15. DarthArraKul

DarthArraKul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    sweet diz...

i have a clan of mandalorians hired by a sithlord to start trouble on one of the PCs home planet.

all this while some of the other clans are attacking outlying regions of the old republic...

in the meantime the jedi order is disorganized, i am using two main groups the jedi council and the jedi assembly. one of my PCs is trying to get everyone to work together... ahhh plans for the future

16. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    OK, my first campaing, which lasted at least a year in real time, was set about 900-750 BBY, when Yoda was a Padawan, then a Knight, and finally his early years as a Master. It was alternat-universe. Contrary to established coninuity, the Sith were known to exist (although only two at a time), there was a major war with Sith-led forces (esp. from the Unknown Regions), Coruscant was invaded, and Jedi were allowed to marry and have kids.

Before Ep II came out, we had a campaign set before Ep II, which featured Count Dooku as a minor cameo character, ther main villain being an evil Darksider mad scientist working for him--we had some interesting missions, inc. an attempt to assassinate Palpatine. In our campaign, a Gungan stupidly doomed the Republic on accident and paved the way for Palpatine to become Emperor (imagine my laughter when in Ep II Jar Jar did almost the exact same thing, something I didn't know was going to happen when we played the Campaign). The game featured korriban tomb droids, lots of Yoda, and the wackiest plot device ever (a Sith pseudoscience technique of transforming living beings into fish into droid starfighters).

17. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    We play equally in the Rebellion and New Republic, pre-Vong era.

18. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    As of this time, my gaming group is working on a parallel universe scenario in the NJO. The plot involves the CSA pulling covert raids into former Imperial sites on Wayland, setting up a base in the Zhar system on Gar(one of the two moons orbiting the gas giant) and an expedition into Wild Space. The probe into the former Imperial facility on Wayland gleens technology sufficient to jump start a CSA funded cloning project. The project is named Rebirth and involves a genetically enhanced subject who was made more sensitive to the force by large quantities of metachlorians being invested into him. The subject is then tutored by a Jedai named Dram Kubalt with an attitude somewhere between Kyp Duran and Kyle Katarn (Headstrong). Dram agrees to teach the subject named Boac McNab on understanding the Force and using it. The CSA plans to use the cloning technology to grow a very large number of clones of Boac complete with a learning download directly into the brains of the clones. These Force capable soldiers are then given downloadable training comparable to CSA Special Forces using weapons and tactics from two bladed light sabers to chamelon soft armor. The fly in the ointment shows up as two dark siders Welk and Lomi Plo take part in planting a seed of corruption in the would be savior of the CSA by Lomi showing Boac how to use darkside powers.

19. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    I've tried the Classic Era, and the NJO (which lasted 2 sessions), and I'm currently involved in a game taking place approx. 4,000 BBY. I find that that era has the most freedom because you don't have to worry about the Empire or the Vong. And, since there's not much print on the era, you can make up most of the stuff (i.e. planets, governments, villians, etc.)

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.