main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which seemingly dead franchises do you want to see continued?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Vader_vs_Maul, Feb 13, 2012.

1. ewoksarenotfood

ewoksarenotfood Jedi Padawan

Sep 6, 2012
    I would like a new Ice Climbers. Maybe as a downloadable game on the 3DS eShop? Also Star Wars Battlefront.

2. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Heh, I created this thread.. How about that? :p I had forgotten about it. One could probably count on one hand the total number of threads I've made in my entire time on the boards.

3. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Never going to happen...but Skies of Arcadia.

I know for a while Sega was planning on making a second (or a third depending on your view of Legends). But nothing ever came of it...and this is my all time favorite game darn it! I want more SoA love!:p

4. Skywalker114

Skywalker114 Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2012
    Battlefront
    The Force Unleashed
    Jedi Knight
    Rogue Squadron

5. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Rebellion. Best.strategy.game.ever.made.

6. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Jedi Knight series!

7. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Jedi Knight, Rogue Squadron, and though its controversial Force Unleashed.

8. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Advent Rising

9. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    LucasArts is probably working on a Battlefront-esque game. They've been looking for people with flight sim and FPS experience and recently filed the trademark for a Star Wars: First Assault video game.

10. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Mission: Impossible.

The first one on N64/PS1 was decent for its time. You might opine that there is really nothing that special about the M:I franchise that another original spy/secret agent game couldn't bring. Perhaps the only thing about the property that stands out is the emphasis on wearing face masks to impersonate others. That certainly might be true, especially if you use the films as a frame of reference. However, what I like about the old Mission: Impossible TV series is its emphasis on the teamwork. Everyone on the team has their own special field of expertise, and they all have to complement each other. For the plan to work, they have to work in tandem and time their efforts right. A new game that is built around this premise would be highly welcomed by me. Even better if you could play as different characters. Either have many missions, but it is pre-set who you will play as in each mission; or have fewer missions, but you can choose your character in each mission, meaning that the same mission offers different styles of play, different goals and objectives, and maybe even a different level map altogether, depending on who you choose to play as. I can imagine this concept being a blast to play online.

11. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    Star Wars Games:

Battlefront
    Rouge Squadron
    The Force Unleashed
    Jedi Knight
    Knights of the Old Republic
    Jedi Power Battles
    Masters of the Teras Kasi (I think it was fun and now that the saga is complete we need a SW fighting game)

Other:

Jade Empire
    Star Ocean
    Bushido Blade (anyone else remember this game for the Playstaion one?)

rumsmuggler likes this.
  12. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    A new Jedi Power Battles where you partner up in co-op like Resident Evil 5 would be a lot of fun, I think. Imagine the Mercenaries mode in that!

13. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Star Control.
    Elite.
    Wing Commander.

I'm done.

14. Jedi Ghurubai

Jedi Ghurubai Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2012
    Jade Empire in sci fi setting would be nice.

15. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner but I would LOVE a 4th Gabriel Knight game.

16. Rotticus

Rotticus Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 21, 2012
    I want battlefront 3 and republuc commando 2, lucasarts fell off after those games in my opinion.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  17. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I would love a continuation of the Jedi Knight and Republic Commando series. And despite the second game's flaws, I'm still awaiting the announcement of The Force Unleashed III with interest.

Outside of Star Wars, I really want a Half-Life 3 or Episode 3 or whatever Valve wants to call the next Half-Life installment so long as they just put the damn thing out already! A sequel to the 2008 Prince of Persia game would be great as well, the one with the Prince of Thieves played by Nolan North.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  18. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    RE: Jade Empire

There were rumours floating around regarding a Jade Empire MMO? > http://social.bioware.com/forum/Oth...O-tease---possibly-Jade-Empire-8904828-1.html

Now... that was over a year ago, so this might have turned into something already, but I can't remember :p

Shen Mue would be nice to revisit. My brother seemed to be playing that for 2 years or something...

NWN would be good too... I believe a F2P MMO was planned for that too?

19. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I want Jade Empire 2 SO BAD. Argh!

20. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Republic Commando was great. You would think with the cartoon they would want to release more games in that style.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk