main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary White Current

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Fipe_Naz-mero, Apr 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Members of the Council:
    I have a question which has been running in my mind for some years. According to the Dark Fleet Crisis Records, Luke Skywalker was able to find who his mother (and Leia's) was. Following leads, he found that his mother was alive until not some long time ago. On his search he learned from his guide that his mother was a White Current child.

The White Current, similar to the Force, gives its children powers similar to the Force and some which the Force can't do. According to this Records, Luke found that he was also White Current Sensitive. His guide, a White Current woman, help him discover this new talent. There is one backdraw...different to the Jedi Order training, White Current training is only for women. So, he couldn't receive any training.

The White Current priestess, offered Leia training which she declined.

This is where my question began. As we are seeing, Star Wars TPM and AOTC are showing us the live of Anakin Skywalker, father of Luke. Now if things are pointing to the right direction seems that probably Padme/Queen Amidala is going to be the future wife of Anakin. (My apologies if my reasoning is wrong in this.)
    Is Daddy George Lucas going to incorporate the White Current to the films? If Padme/Queen Amidala is Luke's mother, is she a White Current sensitive woman right now?

Real good questions, for real good times.

Thanks for hearing.
    May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    Charm City Council Forum
    Baltimore, MD

2. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Let me just ask you this:

Do you think George Lucas would not tell the stories in the movies he wants to tell, simply because a different or conflicting thing or event happened in an Expanded Universe book?

"No George, XXXXXX can't be a clone in your new movie because in Marvel Comic Book #45, he was actually YYYYYY."

Who really is going to say THAT to George Lucas?

By the way, I thought it was established in that book series that N'Shira [sp?] actually wasn't Luke's mother anyways.... can't remember though.

3. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Yeah, Motter, she was stringing Luke along by saying she was his mother. She wasn't really his mom.

4. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    The books control nothing over the movies. George can do whatever he wants. The books are written by fans just like us. He doesn't read the books. He doesn't control what's in them (that's done by another division). Basically, he does what he wants.

5. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    The books are canon Mogook and don't you forget it.

6. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    None of the books are canon, not even the novelizations of the movies. Remember, the books said Boba Fett was Jaster Mereel and he knew Han Solo. From what I've seen of the trailers and the little spoilers I've read, Jaster Mereel is nothing.

7. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Get away from me evil movie purist! THE BOOKS ARE CANON. End of discussion. She waves her hand dismissing Mogook.

8. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    If the truth is evil, then I don't wanna be good. [face_laugh]

9. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    You speak no truth if you don't believe the EU to be canon, Mogook.

10. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Your faith in your books is your weakness. 8-}

11. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    I don't think so, Mogook, my belief in the EU and its knowledge are what make me powerful. Why in just seconds, I could unleash the entire Lit Board on you and they would devour you like a jackel or at least a slashrat. You would be fodder. And better recant before the mighty Chissdude gets here or there will be heck to pay!

12. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Sic Genghis on him Isbeth!!! Hehehe.. [face_mischief]

13. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Yes, time to unleash the Genghis on Mogook. I'm telling you Mogook, you better recant!

14. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Books are canon, they are becuase they have no infinities label, which means even childrens learning books are canon.

This thread belongs in the lit.

15. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    True Chissdude, get a Mod, otherwise there could be blood.

16. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    A mod is not needed, and since I am the senior in posts and EU knowledge I think my opinion(fact) is correct.

17. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Amen, Chissdude!

18. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Is Daddy George Lucas going to incorporate the White Current to the films? If Padme/Queen Amidala is Luke's mother, is she a White Current sensitive woman right now?

No and no.

None of the books are canon, not even the novelizations of the movies

Everything is canon except Infinities. See Star Wars Gamer magazine # 6. This is reaffirmed by comments on the official site.

Remember, the books said Boba Fett was Jaster Mereel and he knew Han Solo. From what I've seen of the trailers and the little spoilers I've read, Jaster Mereel is nothing.

Then you need to look closer. Boba Fett is Jaster Mereel. Either that or Jango. I can't get into spoilers, but it all fits. That is why the recent Jango Fett - Open Seasons comic series is referencing these old items, such as the planet Concord Dawn.

Now this would be better left in Lit. Here, I think the debate is over.

19. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Thank you masterful Mod, Sturm Antilles, sigh, that is why I am so in love with you! [face_love] Heavy sigh!

20. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Of course you are. [face_blush]

21. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Sturm, god complex, keep that in check, 'kay?
    Sheeze.

22. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I've heard the infinities logo mentioned before. What is that?

Nevermind, I read something about it.

23. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    Fill me in then. (I can be an idiot at times)

24. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Read this article from starwars.com. That's what filled me in.

25. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    The purists are defeated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.