main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Who do you think will win?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TarikJanis, Jul 27, 2004.

?

Who do you think will win?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Alien

36.4%
  2. Predator

63.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TarikJanis

TarikJanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2003
  2. TarikJanis

Jun 11, 2003
    I think it'll be the Predator because the actually think..they're not part of some hive and just act to what the queen tells them...they've got brains and technology..the only edge I think the aliens have is that the predators mainly use cutting weapons and the aliens have acid blood...

3. JawaGen

JawaGen Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    alien!!! cuz they're scary and well they bleed acid!!!!!!!

4. TarikJanis

Jun 11, 2003
    Does no one care about who wins?? Because you know whoever wins we lose!!!! :D

5. _Aayla-Secura_

_Aayla-Secura_ Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2004
    Hahaha! thats true!
    but i'm going with the aliens winning cause its all about numbers and they've got more...
    however the predator does have all those neat toys to hunt with...

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Alien, just cuz I never watched the Predator movies. :p

7. TarikJanis

Jun 11, 2003
    Ok Why are you all voting for the mindless Aliens...JK I think the Aliens are awesome...but unfortunatly I think that it'll be another cliche movie where everyone dies except for 2 people (A guy and a girl) who conviently fall in love because of their terrible ordeal of watching the friends be killed and mutilated and then will blow up the entire place and kill all the Aliens and Predators...damn...I should write movies...but hey...I know I'll like it because I'll be entertained for an hour and a half

8. IEBOB

IEBOB Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2004
    If anybody has seen Predator 2 , it is already known that the Predator wins since they already have the remains of an Alien on their space ship. But here is a spoiler...there is no winner since they want a sequel.:)

9. TarikJanis

Jun 11, 2003
    Wow its 50/50 lets hope the director and writes feel the same way :p

10. spacedone

spacedone Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2004
    Personally, I feel that it is the humans who will be the ultimate victors because of their versality, cleverness, and ability to make the most of any situation. It has served humanity quite well over the last 3.5 to 4 million years and will continue to do so in the future.

Academics aside, I'm sure the movie will rely on the standard cliche of otherworldy monsters/aliens/radiocative mutants vs. human movies by having a small group survive and escape to tell the rest of world that there are otherworldy monsters/aliens/radiocative mutants living in a remote area who threaten the survival of mankind. But of course no one will believe the survivors and essentially set the stage for sequel since we all know human are nice hosts (aliens) or prey (predators). Just take a look how many sequels were spawned from Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Halloween whose sole purpose was the raise the body count from the previous movie. You never quite beat the original when it comes to scare factor. But hey, we only go to movies to be entertained, right?

11. TarikJanis

Jun 11, 2003
    OMG! I just found out today that AVP is rated PG-13! How can they do this???!!!! Has the director SEEN the Alien and Predator movies!!! We expect VIOLENCE! GORE! DEATH! NUDITY! CUSSING! How can they do this to hardcore Alien/Predator fans such as myself!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!! I was just saying the other day that I hoped that the movie wasn't going to be rated PG-13! That means this piece of CRAP will be appropriate for kids who are 13 YEARS OLD!! No violence, no gore, no death, no cussing and NO NUDITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This movie will 100% SUCK! But I'll see it anyway hehehehehehehe :D

12. JawaGen

Apr 9, 2003
    Well I see what's IMPORTANT to the 19 year old alien/predator fans.... geez! PG-13 means it wont be scary!!!!! yay!!!!! now i can sleep peacefully at night!! a dream come true!! now I'm looking forward to seeing this PG-13 Alien Vs Predator movie :D yay no gore not much violence... and about the nudity.. they hardly ever show anything worth seeing... now seeing Orlando Bloom in Troy just hiding the goods.. what a view... wow.......... anyway back on topic i think this movie is worth seeing especially for how much tommy talks about it.... every single day since he heard about it..!!!!! well only august 13th will tell how people feel about this eldege travisty :D

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    and about the nudity.. they hardly ever show anything worth seeing... now seeing Orlando Bloom in Troy just hiding the goods.. what a view... wow..........

:D Meg, I have a feeling that you and I will get along just peachy. :D :D

14. JawaGen

Apr 9, 2003
    lol! that part gave me butterflies :D lol he's so hot

15. TarikJanis

Jun 11, 2003
    You know I'm not gay but...if Megan came home saying she's been with Orlando Bloom...I'd be like "Details Girlfriend!" J/K :)

16. Tink_Lady

Tink_Lady Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    I thought this was a poll site..when did it deteriorate into talking about orlando bloom naked (not that I truly mind..as meg could attest to :)) But I'm voting for alien..the movies scared me more..thats all :)
    Melissa

17. _Aayla-Secura_

_Aayla-Secura_ Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2004
    mmmm, orlando bloom naked.... *sigh*
    hahaha!

18. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I voted for Predator.

19. TarikJanis

Jun 11, 2003
    Linda you ROCK! Predator ALL THE WAY!! Even though the Alien movies were cooler...The Predator was way cooler then the Alien.

20. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    /\ I agree. I liked the Alien movies better... well 1 and 2 were good, 3 wasn't so good, but I liked Alien Resurrection okay. But the Alien would kill everyone indescriminately, and the Predator would only kill those who tried to attack him. The predator didn't kill an unarmed woman, or an unarmed child... oh, and all his weapons were cool!

21. TarikJanis

Jun 11, 2003
    I just got the Alien Quadriology.....It TOTALLY KICKS BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Except the special edition of Alien 3. But the Theatrical version of Alien 3 kicks ass!

22. spacedone

spacedone Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2004
    I bet they will end Aliens vs. Predator in a similar manner to Freddy vs. Jason; the ending will a bit vague in regards to the victor. Of course the meatbags aka humans will survive since they show up in all four Alien movies which are set in the future.

Speaking of future; it is a bit odd that the Terminator movies depicted a future where humans were fighting machines that hasn't happened yet. The invention of the whole Skynet was based on the microchip from the first Terminator sent back, basically that the events of the future determines the past which makes very little sense. Actually the events occuring now will have an effect on the future; for good or ill. Since Terminator is sci-fi, we can simply say that it represents one of many possible futures.

Then again, the Terminator is governor of California so perhaps certain events have already been set in motion. Makes one wonder....

23. TarikJanis

Jun 11, 2003
    There's a midnight showing of AVP at AMC Ontario Mills....I won't be able to go because I have to work....but if anyone else wants to go....well now you know there's a midnight showing. Or if you want to wait....Meg and I are going to one of the first shows in the morning on Friday if anyone wants to go with :D

24. Tink_Lady

Tink_Lady Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    hey ryan...got on a little rant there....didnt you?? :) tommy..how was it??I'm going to go see it today!! hope its worth it!
    Melissa

25. TarikJanis

Jun 11, 2003
    AVP was awesome...I thought it was really cool...Some people are pissed about certain things...however I think all of it was awesome...except the Aliens gestated in their hosts for like 2 seconds....but Fox only made a 90 minute movie....So I guess they had to make it short....I really hope theirs a Director's Cut or extended version going to be released..probably not...but hey we can dream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.