main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast Who is the RSA ?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MasterSifo-Dyas, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey fellow Northeast clubs,
    For the half of the northeast that has Strawbary as their RSA: It seems that Strawbary is not our official RSA anymore - judging by her new title as RSA Emeritus - which is like still calling Bill Clinton President Clinton.

Does anyone know who is handling us? Or who we talk to if we need something?

Isnt it odd that this hasnt been announced to all the clubs that are being handled by Strawbary. It was only posted on the Syracuse board which no one visits anyway. Some kind of announcement should at least be mad here on the Northeast regional discussion board.

This might be a good time to question why RSA's aren't elected into office. Or at least, clubs can have some say in which RSA handles their club.

So I wonder if we have a choice of RSAs, being that changes are already being made?

EDIT: Contact Meriwyn with any problems or issues. Discussion is ongoing in the OFH about a new co-RSA. RSAs ARE elected into office. See below for the process

2. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    It is being voted on now. If any of you have anything that needs done in the meantime, feel free to come to me. Staff positions like RSA's and GSA's are voted on by the rest of the staff.

As for an announcement not being made...well, that wasn't my place. I did post in the CR forum saying if any of Strawbary's chapters needed help to please come to me in the meantime.

If you have any other concerns please let me know.

3. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I know that Meriwyn has said on the Admin side that she will be handling requests by CRs for aid if they arise.
    As far as the RSA selection, I dont know the procedure for that one I'm sorry.

4. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    The process is as follows (and this is the same for JC mods as well)

1) Possible candidates are suggested from any RSA or FF admin
    2) All the candidates are discussed by the RSAs. Sometimes, candidates will "go out" at this stage due to past behaviour
    3) The selected candidates are sent a questionnaire to fill out
    4) Their answers are published in the Old Folks Home
    5) The RSAs and FF Admin vote on who they would like to see promoted.

It has never been, and never will be voted on by the "public", as there is a high potential for abuse, and bearing in mind the "powers" that an RSA will have, this could be disastrous. It's different for electing your CR, as they do not have the ability to ban/delete etc etc

5. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Actually there was an announcement made to all the CR's in the CR forum weeks ago and it is their responibility to pass that information along.
    Due to time restraints thats the way the announcement was handled.
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.