main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who were those guys who destroyed the first Death Star?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Binary_Sunset, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    About thirty Rebel ships (consisting of X-wings and Y-wings) destroyed the first Death Star. How much do we know about these guys?

1. How many X-wings were involved? How many Y-wings?

2. How many squadrons were involved? Was it just Red and Gold?

3. Was Red squadron all X-wings? Was Gold squadron all Y-wings?

4. What were the names and numbers of all the pilots? (For example, "Red 5: Luke Skywalker")

5. Who was the pilot of the one surviving Y-wing?

2. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Your answers are at the Star Wars Fanboy Association website. I don't currently have a link...You can find it on a search.

There's an article there on the Battle of Yavin that goes into explicit detail on everyone involved.

Keyan Farlander piloted the last Y-wing out.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Red 1: Garven Dreis
    Red 2: Wedge Antilles
    Red 3: Biggs Darklighter
    Red 4: JOhn D
    Red 5: LUke Skywalker
    Red 6: Jek Porkins
    Red 7: Elyhek Rue
    Red 8: Bren Quersey
    Red 9: Lieutenant Naytaan
    Red 10: Theron Nett
    Red ??: Wenton Chan

Gold 1: Jon Vander
    Gold 2: Tiree
    Gold 3: Ryle Torsyn
    Gold 4: Lieutenant Lepira
    Gold 5: Davish Kreil
    Gold 6: Hol Okand
    Gold ?: Keyan Farlander

4. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

I often find the volume of information possessed by you people scary.

5. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Bib, please don't say all that was off the top of your lekku. Please don't tell me that's memorized info.

6. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I wouldn't be surprized. Bib is a fountain of useless Star Wars knowlege.

7. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Hey, it's fun. ;)

I have all the cantina aliens memorized, and their species and homeworlds.

Still working on those Podracers. It's more challenging, even after 2 years, because they're mostly all new aliens that come from new worlds.

8. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    You know what? I'm way out of my league, here. I just enjoy the stories, play the games sometimes. Aren't a lot of you guys students who should be using those brain cells for somthing productive, like, oh, I dunno, your term papers?

9. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    I'm not even in school. And I dropped out of high school. Not that I encourage it... ;)

10. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Damn, shoulda done a term paper on Star Wars myself when I was in school. Would probably have ended up with 60 pages or better without even trying. Did one in my junior year in high school on the Space Program, going way back to the beginnings of the modern space age. Minimum number of pages was supposed to be 25. By the end of the first week of writing, while most of my classmates had like five or eight done, I had the minimum number done and I was only up to the Gemini program. Was about 75-80 pages when I finished it if I recall correctly. Definetly at least twice the minimum required.

11. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    (Writes down in notebook) "Don't be Sturm... check. Oh, right; Solamnic Knights are okay, this one is not to be particularly idolized. Check. Pick up Star by Star book on my to-do list, and what else? Ah, yeah, think of more crazy "Jimmy Lives" theories... also, remember to write book reports on NJO novels; you could rant about them for days anyway. Gee, I'm learning from my elders and betters! That's a new one on me!"

12. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    I'm taking an English Lit. class right now, and it's really great cause we keep bringing up SW. There's a big focus on mythology, archetypes, and the hero's journey, and Lucas used sooooo much stuff relating to all those. Its really great getting to see SW from another point of view, while watching the movie in class and amazing everyone with my SW knowledge.

13. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Hey, you can bring up a case study of Star Wars and real world history as well. One can definately compare the two and find a bit of real history peppered throughout the movies ansd literature.

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    To answer an earlier question, yes, that was all from memory. I am full of useless Star Wars knowledge, and I still have enough brain cells left over to work on my college homework. :)

15. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Bib: With useless trivia memory far beyond the powers of normal Majordomos!

16. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    I once wrote a college term paper on the sociological implications of the violence in the comic series "Twilight." Got an A, naturally.

17. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Did you relate it to the real world or was it purely SW. Teachers seem to love it when you relate SW to either other lit or the real world. I got away in my high school senior english class with rereading Dark Apprintice or Champions of the Force (can't remember which actually, think it might also have been The Last Command) by reading Le Morte d'Arthur at the same time and comparing the two. Like I say, teachers seem to love when you relate/compare other lit and the real world with Star Wars.

18. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Well, as a cultural artifact, comics serve to reinforce established social mores. So yes, it was an examination of how real world attitudes are manifest in the GFFA. My main argument centered around comparing and contrasting Quin Vos with Villie.

Vos is respected for being a Jedi, and Villie is condemned for being a smuggler. In actuality, Vos instigates more violent acts than Villie does. Basically, Vos and the Jedi are commended despite their violent acts (and the Code is merely a sanctimonious justification) because they serve the government, while smugglers and bounty hunters are held in disdain because they work around it (or, as in ESB, are called in to finish what governmental forces cannot accomplish, whereby the "scum" reputation is a power check.) The same thing happened at a high school some researcher I can't remember studied. Namely, the rich kids got away with bad behavior while their counterparts from the wrong side of the tracks were considered delinquents. But no surprise there.

19. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Doesn't have to be rich kids either. At my high school, the jocks could get away with virtually anything while those who weren't jocks couldn't. And if you tended to hang out with, or be friends with, jocks, you were likely to be overlooked, though more attention was payed to you.

20. Darth-Curtis

Darth-Curtis Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2001
    Hey bib,
    isn't it different in the novelization. Isn't Luke Blue 5 or something? Do you have that memorized?? HUH? DO YA?

21. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    On a related note, were the Rebel fighters at Endor a squadron of each or four whole wings? And what were the names and comm designations for everyone. I'm writing a fanfic and the limit of my knowlege in that area is everyone given in the CCG.

22. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    These are some of the pilots (and ships) that I know:

Wedge Antilles (Red 1)
    Derek Klivian (Red 4)
    Keir Santage (Red 7)
    Wes Janson (X-wing pilot)
    Arvel Crynyd (Green 1)
    Tycho Celchu (Green 3)
    Horton Salm (Gray 1, with Kin Kian as gunner)
    Lt. Telsij (Gray 2, with Karie Neth as gunner)
    Ten Numb (Blue 5)
    Bowman Gavin (B-wing pilot)
    Etta Taggar (Y-wing pilot)

I'm sure there are many more I just can't remember at the moment.

23. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Lak Sivrak also flew an X-wing at the Battle of Endor.

He was one of the Cantina aliens, as Sturm could probably tell you. :D

24. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Yes.

As for the Rebel ships at Endor...there was literally thousands. It was almost every ship the Alliance had. There was at least 4 wings ( for Red, Blue, Green and Gold ), each with about 72 fighters.

25. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    OK, looks like I might have to fill some holes in the roster. And if I get something wrong I say its technically AU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.