main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX WHOA!! Talk about gone with the wind

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by ICER, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICER

ICER Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    First off. Let me say hello. I am new to the board. That being said...

The wife and I where camping out at Legacy theater for about two days now. But tonight a cold front hit the area. And brought with it one heck of a wind. As the evening went on. the tents started to give out under the strain of this front. Most campers called it quits, Since they had logged in many hours. They could afford to. But the wife and I decided to stay and try to get some more under our belts.

About 9:30 we decided to crawl into our small tent (The last one standing) Bundle up. And brave the oncomming storm. After secureing the tent with 4 more cider blocks (Bringing the total to 8) I crawled in to join the wife.

The first thing she said was "Do you think it is going to hold?" I answered her saying that it should. 8 cider blocks, next to a wall. And some reinforced rope I rigged.

Well...Do you know what happens when test Mother Nature...That's right..You fail. Just as the tent did right after we feel asleep. The whole right side slide off the blocks and broke the rope with one big gust. And all came down on us. We are fine. But our tent has seen better days.

Needless to say. We came home for the night. On the way back. The wife reminded me of the promise I made when we started this adventure. "Come hell or high water. we are getting good seats" Well....It wasn't hell. or even high water that made me break camp. Just a really strong gust of wing. a lost tent. rain. and the cold.

But the really sad part is. we are going back out there tomorrow and pitch camp again.

2. DARTHKOOL

DARTHKOOL Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    Way to go Icer!

I was feeling for you guys as I signed the book and left for the evening. That wind was BRUTAL. Almost as brutal as Roger Ebert's review. (that bastard)

I'll see you guys tomorrow and hopefully the wind has subsided.

Sorry about your tent.

3. Solaris112

Solaris112 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    "STOP WHINING". :)

4. ICER

ICER Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    No problem. The tent was a cheapy from Target, Which explains why it gave out. But it put up a good fight.

5. ICER

ICER Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    Who is your daddy? And what does he do?

MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That line still cracks me up

6. Solaris112

Apr 22, 2002
    Ur Lucky. I dont even have a tent :( maybe I can put a tarp over the top of my truck and sleep in the bed :p

7. Solaris112

Apr 22, 2002
    hehehehe. I thought it would be a good thing to say to a guy from gateway :)

8. DARTHKOOL

DARTHKOOL Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    At least it's "Not a tu-mah" (tumor)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.