main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Who's up for AVP-R as in adult members only.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Vangarian, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Well gang, the word is out and AVP-R is being released as of the 25th of Dec. I realize that this is not an idea time for group movie watching and all, but I do know of quite a few fans in our group that would just love to watch it. Come on. You know you want to see a more gritty rematch. The directors had it re-written 2-3 times because watchful fans know what they want and what they don't. WHO'S GAME FOR A LITTLE BACK WOODS, COLORADO ROCKIES, SMALL TOWN LOCALS MEET SPACE ALIENS FROM HELL! LOL SOUNDS COOL TO ME. It doesn't have to be on the same day obviously or even the same weekend. It just has to be on a day we can agree on. Like a week end day. Coments?

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    HUH? AvP (film) got re-released and a re-edit?

3. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Aliens vs Predator-Reqium. The Predator ship returns to earth shortly after the Predalien hybreed munches through the slain warriors sternum at the close of the last movie. The Predator Space Ship crashes into the woods near a remote Colorado town. Oops, there goes the neiborhood. LOL Check out the new Trailer that was released on the 24th. The website is AVP-R.COM CHECK IT OUT! It raises the hackles on the back of your neck.

4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    :eek: OMG!!!

I have to see this movie!!!!!! I tend to agree with ya. Adults only on this one.. not for the faint at heart AT ALL!!

5. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Oh, so ya saw the trailer, eh?

6. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    OH yes!!! Totally awesome!! I just hope someone gets to pair with a Predator and gets to make a few kills against a few Aliens!!

7. padumavati

padumavati Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2007
    I didn't see the first AVP but I wanted to. I'll probably rent it before this one comes out so I can see it in the theater. If you guys end up going I'll probably want to tag along.

8. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Holey Frack! That looks FANTASTIC!!!

That what I wanted to see from the first one!

I'm all in.

O, O... heck yea... I just watched it 2 more times... I can't wait.

I don't like horror or gore (just tiresom) but this looks good.

9. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    I read an interview they had with the actor who plays the Predator in both AvP movies. In this upcoming movie he plays a much more seasoned and athletic Hunter. I don't recall the actor's name, but he was a proffessional basketball player. He also said that he studied the previous Predator movies with Kevin Peter Hall as the Predator. This because he wanted to do a good job of playing that role. The two directors are brothers and have done the special effects of a number of movies together before. They have gone on record saying that they wanted to take both franchises back to their roots in this movie. I believe they have acheived their objective. It's going to be a lot more gritty and bloody, thus the R rating. I'm glad to see the response you've been giving, because of this I believe that this will be a good outing for all of us. Now if only we could con Kathryn into attending as well. [face_whistling] (Heh, heh)

10. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Ummm... I am not technically an 'adult', but I am legally allowed to see R-rated movies w/o a parent/guardian (the required age is 17), so I am most likely going to see this when it comes out, and with you guys if you'll allow it.

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    LOL, at Mike.
    Considering we took you across state lines, we shared a hotel room with your for a week, and all gotten dressed in front of one another, all with your parents consent. I don't think taking you with to see an "R" rated film is even a an issue. You act and are more of an adult then people I know twice your biological age.

Back to the roots of the films, that's what I want. Predators to be cold blooded hunters and Alien back to being what they started as, only protecting themselves and their species. If humans get in the way so be it, but they have their own agenda and goals, another thing to kill (because it's in the way of their goal) so they can continue doing what they need to do.

Predator never did a thing for me; they got too "human" over the years. They never went far enough with the hunting part for me. Alien just got weaker over each story. I would like to see each back they way they were in the 70's and 80's when each species was introduced. Each seemed to me to become a caricature of what they are and not what they were intended to be. Neither hit me as science-fiction at all but horror/thriller. I LOVED the Aliens and how they are just like sharks or giant insects set in space, killing machines but more lethal and more interesting. H. R. Giger art always made me cringe; very good stuff nightmares are made from with a hint of sexuality (look at his art). He?s? great in capturing the basic fear all humans have.

Before anyone sees this I suggest they watch Alien, Aliens, and Alien 4, Predator, Predator 2, and AvP (don't expect much in the way of gore or script but the base story explained allot about each species part they played in their interaction). I'd host a "viewing party" if someone has the latest version of the films.

12. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    could be cool

13. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
  14. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    I've got the first AvP with the alternative beginning. If anyone has the others we're in.

15. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I'll ASSume Chris is the one to ask about having any of those films.

16. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    you've ASSumed correctly. [face_love]

17. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    I've offered to get together at Cathiecat's and Jake's this coming Friday to view the first AvP instead of RPG. She hasn't seen the first AvP yet. Cathiecat is all for it.

18. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I want to see all said movies but I can't do this Friday, and I am hardly ever free other nights. So I don't really even know why I am posting this, since it doesn't make a difference whatsoever.

19. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Well, Mike there is plenty of time between now and Dec. 25th. We can get together with Damian and come up with a time for all of us to see the Entire two Genres. What about a Halloween get together? Is that possible? Answer me people. I need words. Err...Let me rephrase that. I humbly ask for a response to resolve this need being met for Mike and others who haven't seen the previous Alien/Predator movies. A possible time could be around Halloween. Do I hear a second on this?

20. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Haloween is a no go for me... we do 5 charity events in 3 days that weekend.

I've seen all the films but many of them it's been over 10 years at least.

I'm off Sunday of that helps.

21. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    I love the part when the Predator snags the Alien with a whip, looks like a new weapon to me, and gives it a little tug... sliced the little bugger in half... awesome... :eek: =D=

22. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Uff da! You guys enjoy! I don't think you could pay me to watch most any horror movie...[face_alien_1]

23. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Uff Da?

Would it help if you look at it as a science fiction film?

24. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Gotta agree with Hal on the "Uff Da".:confused:

But to view AVP:R as a Sci-Fi film... ...the carnage/body count looks a little too high for that. More like a war movie, Aliens versus Predators, with all the humans as "collateral damage".[face_sick] :eek:

25. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Like I said, "There goes the neighborhood". At any rate those who are Die Hards to see it let's see it. Those not up for it, I honestly understand. Its not for everybody. That's why they rated it R people. I can see the Clone Trooper jokes coming now. How many Clone Trooper does it take to waste an Alien?... Fill in your funny punch line here. :D Ok then, I'm off to do the "W" word. Later.