main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

will we see AOTC at the celebration?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    According to the news story on TheForce.net the premier of AOTC will be April 16, a good two weeks before Celebration II. The film being done this early makes sense if they have to create all the foreign language dubs for the worldwide release.
    It makes me wonder if there is the possibility the movie will be shown at the celebration. Perhaps, as a members only event. I'm sure it would be a good way to get word of mouth spread before the release of the film.
    Does anyone think this is at all likely or just wishful thinking?

2. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    I can almost guarentee that there is a zero percent chance of that happening, be sweet if it did though...

3. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Not a chance. We'll see never before seen footage and maybe an all new trailer type thing, but not the whole film.

!snap

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I doubt it, it's just the premiere.

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    LOL, this is a hilarious thread! [face_laugh]

6. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I must concur. I doubt they'd show it. It would rock though. If I remember right, a rumor was floating around about TPM being shown @ SWC1. That didn't happen. Lots of cool behind the scenes footage though. The video for "Duel of the Fates" was killer! Besides, I don't know that the proper facilities would be there to show AotC. As picky as George is about sound & such, I doubt he'd let them show it on the wall in a conference room with only stereo sound.

7. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    DAmmit I am the only one not going.
    safyiuSFGALISFGAIGH;AGFA :mad:

Ah well, can't win everything in life
    As for the question:

Absolutely you will get to see AOTC, I guarentee it 8-}, and there will be flying toasters at your service.

Nah just teasing, don't think so there will be AOTC showing. Atleast you people suffer a little.

8. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    A source of mine told me that the SW Celebs will be getting a special preview that weekend.

9. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I imagine the logistics of showing the film to everyone would be daunting maybe impossible.
    The reason TPM couldn't have been shown at celebration I, besides the limitations in facilities was that the film wasn't completed until that weekend.

I doubt AOTC would be shown, probably because pandemonium and rioting would ensue in the mad dash to get in. On the the other hand the convention center seems enormous so who knows.
    I'm not counting on anything just playing the what if game.

10. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    It'd be nice, but I'd sooner bet one of us be swallowed by a space slug than see AOTC at CII. :p

~*~Bria

11. Warriorpoet

Warriorpoet Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    What about the other four?

12. anakinluke456344

anakinluke456344 Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2002
    yes you will be seeing 4,5,6 and most likely 1 at celebration 2. Most likely they would be playing it contiuously

13. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Er, what? Where?

EDIT: And why?

14. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    A suggestion that did come up was to have a room playing all 4 of them, like in a lounge on a big screen TV, so that is possible. I think the plan is to have scenes playing in the background as well at the concert, so yeah, there is a good chance of seeing the first 4.

15. TK895

TK895 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2000
    From what I have read, there will be scenes from all 4 prior movies being shown continuosly during the convention but not entire movies. They don't want to have people stopping in one place for hours just watching the movies.

There will most likely be a screening or two during the convention but only for select groups of stars and staff. I think they might d something like a drawing for some spaces as well. These are my own opinions and not facts.

Doesn't matter much to me seeing I will be at an advance screening prior to C2. Muahahahahha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.