main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Willow News-EU, Sequels, everything

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by jedi_jra, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    My word, that would be phenomenal!

2. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
  3. jedi_jra

jedi_jra Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2011
    [​IMG]

Val's twitter says "Right around the corner" and now we see the two of them promoting the Blu-ray? If it isn't officially in the works, it sure sounds like he'd like it to happen.

4. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Kilmer said it was a joke. But he did suggest a campaign.

KevinM1 likes this.
  5. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Joke or not, hope one day this does happen.

6. RAZORBLADE

RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 13, 2013
    it would be nice, but i doubt it

7. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah, unfortunately it's a joke. Besides, Val would need to lose like 100 pounds, gain muscle definition, and undo about a decade's worth of unfortunate plastic surgery.

LawJedi likes this.
  8. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Not to mention share the screen with his ex-wife without stabbing her.

9. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Whoa, did Val lose weight? He look much more fit now; maybe he really is getting ready for a sequel!

10. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Woohhhh!!! Willow! I used to watch that movie all the time when i was little!!! :p

11. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 1999
    Aw, not real? I guarantee it would do REALLY well. With all the love for fantasy in film right now, I could see them really establishing it as a franchise with spinoffs, books, toys, etc.

12. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Moving to Lucasfilm Limited.

13. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Merging with your other thread on this. :p

14. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Definitely will be a new Willow franchise. A Howard the Duck trilogy is also in the works

15. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    It took a few days, but after the initial "Oh my, God... more Star Wars!" shock of the Disney/Lucasfilm purchase wore off, fans began to ask... "Does this mean all Lucasfilm properties are back on the table?!". Certainly visions of Radioland Murders 2: The FM Years weren't dancing in anyone's head, but Willow 2? Heck yeah!

For now Kennedy and Lucasfilm seem to be focusing %100 of their energies on Star Wars, which is probably for the best. But I can't imagine they'll just sit on these other properties; especially Willow.

16. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Man, for a second there I thought General Kael was Castle Grayskull and I was like "What, is Howard making 'Special Edition' changes now, too?".

17. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Hopefully we will see howard the duck sequel next!!!!

18. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    We got any knowledge about featurettes? Release is coming pretty soon.

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    • All-new digital transfer overseen by Lucasfilm
    • Deleted Scenes with Ron Howard
    • "Willow: An Unlikely Hero" - Personal video diary of Warwick Davis
    • "The Making of an Adventure" with an all new introduction from Ron Howard
    • "From Morf to Morphing" with an all new introduction from Dennis Muren
    • Matte Paintings
    • Easter Egg

20. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    What do you guys think of the film? I might just pick this up.

21. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    It's a fun film; good little story, and knowing that it's basically an alternate-universe version of The Hobbit is interesting-Lucas originally wanted to adapt the Hobbit, the Tolkien Estate was opposed, and so Willow came about.

ShaneP likes this.
  22. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Given how small the Lucasfilm library is outside of Indy and SW, I've picked up every blu-ray that they've released. THX-1138 and American Graffiti are great, and I can't wait for Willow. Outside of that... there is just a few films remaining like Radioland Murders, Tucker, More American Graffiti, Twice Upon a Time, and Howard the Duck. But Willow and Tucker are the only real biggies of the bunch.

Willow is a fun film, definitely in the same family as stuff like Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal.

obi-rob-kenobi4 likes this.
  23. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Another featurette: The Virtues of Confining Light-Hearted Fantasy Films To Two Hours -- With a rebuttal by Peter Jackson

Count Yubnub and Darth_Harmon like this.
  24. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    The cover looks like a screamingly blatant attempt at riding the LOTR/Hobbit bandwagon, but I'm tempted to pick it up anyway - my only recollection of the film is from good old dirty VHS.

I haven't seen Twice Upon a Time, but Radioland Murders & More American Graffiti are curiosities at best anyway - grab them for $5.99 on DVD if you can find them & don't hold your breath for Blu-Ray. Not bad films, but not that great, either.

Howard... well, bizarre though it may sound, that's the sort of film that's best experienced on VHS. The crappy format helps to enhance the appropriate context of such complete rubbish, particularly if the tape includes previews of 1980s straight-to-video junk you've never heard of. It'll take you right back to the 'Dark Times' between the OT era & the early 1990s EU, when Star Wars lay dormant, waiting for its moment to strike once more and take the world by Force.

25. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Never even heard of Twice Upon A Time before just now, but the Wiki entry is awfully interesting-sounding. Bit sad that it's apparently one of the most important films in terms of stop-motion animation, produced in that style's last real decade of widespread use.

Edit: Also interesting is that one of the (apparently) great stop-motion films was made by people who were going to end stop-motion barely a decade later with Jurassic Park-Industrial Light & Magic.