main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA With great sadness, our founder has passed

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Nasus_Sivad, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    It is with great sadness that we have to announce our svrf founder and former supreme chancellor, Devin Leyden, lord darth vader has passed away of an apparent heart attack. Devin was one of the 3 founding members of the rogue force and was fondly known as rogue 1.
    We will keep you posted as to services as the information is shared with us. We know that Devin and Marcus are watching over us.

2. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    This is sad news for the SVRF. We wouldn't even be here without him. I hope his family is ok. Thanks for keeping everyone updated, Nasus.

3. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Reposted from The Facebooks...

There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    There is no death, there is the Force.

The Force will be with you, always.

RIP, Devin Leyden. You will be missed, Lord Vader.

-TJ

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I am so saddened to hear of Devin's passing. This is a shock. He had been on my mind for several weeks now. My sympathies to his loved ones.

5. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Condolences to you and his family. @};- I was wondering if something had happened as the last thing he told me was that he was having some massive back issues and waiting for surgery but there was a lot of waiting complications due to other things. The main thing I distinctly remember was he mentioned that he was very scared about all of it.

I am very sadden by this as he was a big man with an even bigger heart. RIP bro... I will honor you the best way I know. Thank you for your strength fellow Rogue One.

Ming
    Founder and Former CR of SF Fan Force

6. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    My sincere condolences to his family and friends. :(

RIP @};-

How sad that he passed away.

7. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    The following message was sent to us from Devin's family. We wanted to keep his friends posted. We will continue to pass on any messages that his family would like to share with us and his friends.

More updates:
    Well they ended up not doing an autopsy. They had medical records and enough suspicion that it was his heart... We have decided to cremate him and sprinkle some ashes around my grandma's grave and to take some also the closest ...we can to skywalker ranch and sprinkle it there. We are going to have a celebration of life for him. I will let you know when the celebration is when we figure it out. Thank you :)
    Breanna & family "Thanks" all of you!

8. RooHo

RooHo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2006
    I am very saddened by the news. Devin was a great friend and collaborator. If anyone has any information they would like to pass on, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated including any pictures. I am working on a write-up with Devin's fiance, Kamber Mendoza to Honor him and his life. The link below will take you to what we have so far. Thank you so very much.

http://starwarsresurrection.com/LATESTNEWS.htm

Best wishes,
    Rick J.

9. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey Rooho, it's a small point but an important one, it's Rogue, not rouge... a common mistake as spell check doesn't catch rouge as it's a color. Anyway, Devin offered to help with a project I am coordinating called ESB Revisited and I was hoping to include him. I still intend to as such as he will be included into the memorial credits when the movie is released. @};- Least I could do to honor a great friend.

10. RooHo

RooHo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2006
    Thanks for the correction, much appreciated Jedi_Tenken :) I am sure Devin would be very honored by it. Devin helped out a lot of folks :) He was a great guy.

Breanna, Devin's niece wanted to pass on a celebration of life in his honor will be held August 20th @ 1pm in Yuba City at a private home, please PM if you would like the address. Thank you.

11. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I am heartbroken to hear of this. Devin and I have a long history together during his CR days and when I was first starting out as RSA. He was a great guy, and I am so sorry to hear of his passing. :(

12. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    In addition to what I've said on Facebook in the last week, I'd like to once again send my deepest sympathies to SVRF, who were always considered brothers and sisters in arms to SFFF. Devin was, to me, a "gentle giant", who not only was a fellow CR and Endor Base member and Regional Captain, but a great friend. He and I had talks when we lost our leader, Chanel, and how/if I could take the helm of SFFF just a short time after we started, and he encouraged me to go on and honor her by doing what she would have done to the best of my abilities, which I did. And when he lost his mother, we talked about that as well, as I had lost my father around that time too. It's difficult to lose not only a friend, but a founder of a great group, and the best way to honor that is to continue what they started, and to keep that group growing to its full potential, as all of you have done a great job of doing. :)

You will be missed, Devin. @};- God Bless and rest in peace, and say hi to Chanel and Marcus for all of us. :)

-Matt

Former CR and co-founder of San Francisco Fan Force

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering". - Bruce Lee

13. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    Thanks for the heartfelt thoughts and words, Matt. I think we are all just in shock still. Devin was just always there. I can just imagine them watching over us. There have been so many losses of loved ones.

14. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Now looking back I remember exchanging some PMs with him about Star Wars. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.