main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Wizard World

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediAutobot, Jul 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Wizard World 2003 is fast approaching!

It'll be August 8th, 9th and 10th at the convention center in Rosemont.

Ray Park will be there, but the big news for us collectors will be the exclusive convention Silver Boba Fett will be on sale there. The summer conventions have had fan breakfasts, so I wouldn't be suprised if they had one there as well. Oh, and there'll be tons of comics and comic creators too!

As has become our Chicago Force tradition, after the convention closes, we will meet at the information booth in the main hall, exchange some war stories and then head out to Giordano's to eat dinner. I'll find the address later, but it's just down the block from the convention center. If not attending WW, you are welcome to meet us there as well. The convention center is close to the Blue Line for those taking public transport.

I am attending all three days and I always have a great time, and this will be a topic for discussion at the Collectors Club meeting. Also for you Goonies fans, Sean Astin will be there on Sat. He was also it a little movie that came out last year (and the year before that...and this year) as a "fat Hobbitses" More info later...

2. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I`m going on Friday,I`ll ber out of town the rest of the convention.

Hope to see some of you on friday if you can make it

3. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I have tickets for the whole weekend....I doubt that I will get up there Friday after work...but I will be in line first thing Saturday morning for my Silver Fetts...that's for sure.....
    :D

4. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    HA! I knew I posted something about WizardWorld, it was a hot topic of discussion at the Collectors Club

5. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    and I am a dunce...cause I didn't remember responding and was gonna start a thread too....

so....all you NON collector types from CF that are going to Wizard World...buy Silver Fetts with your ticket...you can purchase up to two....there will be Black Sun Collectors (that is the Collecting arm of Chicago Force) looking for Silver Boba Fetts....

6. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "Yes, yes, to Shlopy Gochy you listen!"

lol, anyways, she's right. If some of you are going but aren't interested in the Silver Boba Fetts, still buy them!!!

If someone can hook me up with a Silver Boba Fett from there, please PM me and lemme know, alright? :D

(Yeah, I already got your PM Burton! :) )

7. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    I realize that we are sounding like a broken record but Yes, the silver Boba Fett will be available at Wizard World! Based on what's come before, you will be allowed two for the weekend. So a plea is being sent out, if you attend to buy your allotment. There are plenty of Chicago collectors that will not be able to attend, but would love to get this figure for non-Ebay prices.

Right now Ray Park is the only SW guest. If I see anyone else pop up on the list, I'll post it here.

8. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    There was a whole list of quests,can't find it now

9. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Wait, Drac I found it. I checked this morning, nothing new now:

C2 Ventures' Star Wars Guests
    Amy Allen (Aayla Secura - "Attack of the Clones")
    Kenny Baker (R2-D2)
    Shannon Baksa (Mara Jade model)
    Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing - "Phantom Menace")
    Dermot Crowley (General Madine)
    Warwick Davis (Wicket - "Return of the Jedi", Wald - "Phantom Menace")
    Jesse Jensen (Saesee Tiin - "Attack of the Clones")
    Zach Jensen (Kit Fisto - "Attack of the Clones")
    Ray Park (Darth Maul)
    Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
    Daniel Logan (young Boba Fett - "Attack of the Clones")

I have one thing to say:

WICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    R.A. Salvatore will also be at Wizard World. For a while, he was the only Star Wars guest listed.

Paul Dini will also be there. He was story editor and a writer on the Ewoks animated series.

Phil

11. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I just took a look at the schedule. This is listed for Friday:

WIZARD AUDITORIUM

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM

C2 VENTURES STAR WARS Q&A
    Don't miss this chance to talk to your favorite actors from the Star Wars Saga. From droids, to villians, from Jedis to aliens, this is your chance to ask those burning questions of filming, life after Star Wars, and more. Featuring Jeremy Bulloch, Daniel Logan and other surprise guests!

Phil

12. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    grrrrrrr I will miss that....I can't take vacation in single days....so I will be at work on Friday....

13. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Phyllis are you alright? I think you're coming down with something... that requires you to call in... cough, cough... ;)

14. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    I will be there all three days!

Can't wait!

15. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    lol....yes Carrie...that would work...but since we don't have sick days....and if I don't work...I don't get paid...and my truck repairs cost me my left lung (worthless anyway from smoking)...and ....of course there is my collecting habit to support...cough cough...I really don't think I can miss a day's pay....

but...I will see you guys there Saturday....
    with bells on....no...make that with Jedi on....gotta "road test" my new inner tunic....

16. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    From Saturday:
    3:30 PM - 4:30 PM
    PLAYING WITH HASBRO
    Representatives from Hasbro's G.I. Joe, Star Wars and Transformers teams give you the rundown on what's coming up in their product lines in three 20-minute Q&A sessions.

17. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    How bout renaming that
    "cussing at Hasbro" instead of
    "playing with Hasbro"....

[face_mischief]

18. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    For those that CANNOT make WW and are afraid of the Silver Fett prices, remember that there will be many available at the Fan Club store after the summer convention season is over. Don't go to eBay scalpers or that rip-off Brian's Toys or anywhere else. Just hang tight. If a fellow collector can't help you out, you should be pretty safe online direct from the maker, and not from the fakers.

Word.

19. Lothos

Lothos Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    While actually being part of the Los Angeles FF, I will be attending wizard world. I hope to catch up with my chi-town brehren at the con, and maybe catch up afterwards at dinner, if that's ok with you guys?

20. Sith_Steve

Sith_Steve Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2002
    Hey Chicago Force.

I'm Steve from the Quad City Jedi Order, Is there going to be a Fan Force Dinner this year? If so where and when. We well all be up there on Sat till sunday.

Thanks

21. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    Sith Steve:

If you read the top of the thread, Jedi Autobot said, "As has become our Chicago Force tradition, after the convention closes, we will meet at the information booth in the main hall, exchange some war stories and then head out to Giordano's to eat dinner. I'll find the address later, but it's just down the block from the convention center. If not attending WW, you are welcome to meet us there as well."

I believe that the dinner will be Satuday, August 9th. At least, that's what it says on our calendar and we'd love to have you.

Lothos:
    I'm sure that you would be very welcome at the dinner. Just meet us all at the information booth.

22. Lothos

Lothos Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Ok, cool. I'm so excited this about going because not only is it my first con, but also my hero will be there. Mr. Kevin Smith!

23. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Wish I could go to Giordanos with you guys

24. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Look for me in the bushes.

25. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I'll be there again. Hopefully this year I'll be able to meet more than just JediAutobot at the Dreamwave booth. I don't know about the dinner though, I know some people coming in from South Bend for one of the days of the show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.