main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA WonderCon on SW.com

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Apr 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Just in case some of you were wondering what WonderCon was like here are some pictures on the the Official Star Wars website:

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2003/04/news20030428.html

Padme_Skywalkr and myself are in the very first picture (Guess which ones we are! Clue: were both Jedi Knights with lightsabers at the ready!) Click on the WonderCon banner on the link to see the pics that will appear in a new window. :)

2. padme_skywalkr

padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    That was so crazy! Its another reminder on how surreal it all seemed that weekend. I'm ready to do it again. Comic Con here we come!

3. Rogue6

Rogue6 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Man I glad you guys had a BLAST!

I was in Las Vegas and got back in time but was bombarded w/ 'duties'. I'm sorry I could not attend but am so happy for you guys! Tell me all about it!

Great Pics!

4. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Awe man Six! I wish you had my wing on this one, it was definetly one to remember. Regardless, Mike Quinn, who portayed Nien Numb in ROTJ was there, and we had an excellent conversation. RA Salvator was there and he was really awesome as well, and was giving out free autographed comics and signing his books. I met with the Rebel Legion and the 501st and they were awesome folks.

Then there was a photoshoot with the Rebel Legion and we spent a lot of time posing for people at the Con who wanted to take shots of us. There was a really cool ILM and Pixar program where they showed how they did certain special effects in the movies of the Hulk and Monsters Inc. They showed trailers from up coming summer blockbusters. The Hulk looks really awesome and so does T3 (unreleased in the states international trailer). Anyway, that's all the stuff I experienced at the Con and it was so awesome. I wish I was going to ComicCon now but I'm going to Sydney, Australia during that time in the summer!!!!! I totally intend to visit FOX studios Syndey where they are going to be filming Episode III DURING the summer!!!!! Who knows maybe I can get casted as an extra! lol I wish... hehe :)

5. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    I wasnt that impressed with T3 or Hulk (even though ILM worked on it). But seeing the Animatrix , Matrix, & XMEN 2 trailers had my attention. And the new Tomb Raider looked hopeful.

I updated my site with a collaboration of pics from different source so check it out!

http://www.vanecek.com/chanel/wondercon2003.html

6. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Really now? Hmmm guess I just like explosions and really strong characters that cause lots of damage doing what they do best. lol Maybe it's just them portraying the way I feel sometimes that hits a cord with me. Good guys that are misunderstood. Ah well! :)

Nice site Chanel, and lookin good btw ;) I gotta work on pics for the RS site as well.

7. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah its just those movies have too much testosterone in them...smash...bang....yeah...I like a good balance of both. Matrix2 & TR have some steamy scenes in them ;)

8. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    The thing is I just don't like that style of fighting they use. The whole weird camera movement thing and all that other CG/wire stuff. Makes me dizzy and look at it more unrealistically. I like the laws of physics... lol :)

9. Rogue6

Mar 12, 2002
    mmmmm.... ~ Steamy ~ :))

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    lol... good one Six. haha...

11. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    I see I'm outsider on this....Could this be why there are not that many female fans?

12. Rogue6

Mar 12, 2002
    There are. Tons of them.

~~
    ~

They just haven't gotten in touch with their masculine side yet. ;)

13. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I have to agree with you Chanel, guys always like the smash, bang stuff. Though I was definitely NOT impressed with the romance in Ep. 2. Whoever wrote those lines needs to be downsized. ;)

I think you're right though, there is definitely a shortage (no pun intended) of female Star Wars fans. Just look at WonderCon, how many of us were there compared to all the men. Though there was one female Stormtrooper. YAY!

14. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    Thanks Bridget for a second there I was out numbered. ;)

15. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Outnumbered? I didn't think Rogue Six's "Mmmmm... steamy" comment was meant for supporting my point of view... lol...
    Anyway, I think I saw several more females dressed up for WonderCon but yeah it's true that sadly the majority of SW fans are guys. AND yeah sure most of the males in the world like the "smash, bang stuff" but we have a innate tendency for destruction if you hadn't notice. I think it depends on testosterone level... lol But anyway, that doesn't mean the guys can't also appreciate the more "mmmmm... steamy" aspects in movies. lol For example one of my favorite movies outside Star Wars is Brave Heart, a good balance of "steamy" and "smash bang stuff" with a brilliant story. lol :)

16. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    I didnt mean the "um steamy" comment...but on to other topics....go check out the other threads.......

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    oooo I see... well maybe in the near future well get some other real gals on here so you won't feel outnumbered. Is it that intimidating? lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.