main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wookie doll pattern?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by TuesdayDaddy, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TuesdayDaddy

TuesdayDaddy Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2004
    Hey everybody! I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a wookie/Chewbacca doll pattern. My wife and I are expecting twins this February (okay, no Luke and Leia jokes, please) and I thought it would be neat to have a pair of special made wookies! Get them started early!
    Thanks in advance!

2. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    While I don't know of any patterns specifically for Wookiee dolls, I imagine you could easily alter a pre-existing doll/stuffed animal pattern to suit your needs.
    I would just look for something that has the proportions you're looking for, make whatever changes you think it might need, and do a test run.
    It might take a few passes to get the pattern the way you want it, but once you have all the kinks worked out, you could churn out doll after doll after doll if you wanted, to keep those kids busy for life!

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I was in London's Forbidden Planet store today and noticed that they had the Star Wars Buddies (stuffed figures). There was a Chewie in the pile. It wasn't that great figure-wise but if you can find one you might be able to de-contruct it and use it as a starting point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.