main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wookiee Talk

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by PeterMayhew, Sep 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBG2001

GBG2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2001
    Wow--Chewie likes Dr. Pepper too!

2. Darth Vaernexx the Scion

Darth Vaernexx the Scion Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 1999
    *Optional* spoiler discussion:

Did Yarua and Itchy know each other? :D

Hey Mr.Mayhew!

3. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Wow, Mr. Mayhew! :D

*Bows down and starts chanting like an Ewok*

4. PeterMayhew

PeterMayhew Chewbacca the Wookiee star 1 VIP

Feb 6, 2001
    We are hoping to get Bigfoot back on track soon. We now have a script and are hoping that the entertainment industry is able to get "back to business" soon. As is understandable, a lot of projects are on "hold", but we are working with nice people and I'm sure we'll be back at it soon, in the meantime, I'm gonna enjoy visiting on the message boards...

5. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    So Mr. Mayhew, have you been contacted about working on any of the prequel SW films?

:D

!snap

6. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    Gosh, you just threw that question right over the plate for me....haha!! The answer is: No, I haven't been contacted about the Prequels and I won't be in Ep. II. Episode III is anybody's guess of course, but if you are interested in putting in your opinion, you should write to Steve Sansweet on the Ask the Jedi Council section of the Official Star Wars Website. Steve is a good friend and in charge of Fan Liason and is supposed to have George's ear about such things, and he won't tell me a thing!!!

7. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    It'd be so cool to see good ol' Chewie again! And he'd only be, what, 180 years old? :D

8. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    What is your opinion of your character's death in the New Jedi Order book Vector Prime? Have you read the book?

!snap

9. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    Snap, I admit to not having read the book, but I read the death scene. What can I say, it certainly didn't make me happy.... promising career suddenly brought to a halt...bummer....

10. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    As I was not happy to see Chewie go, I must admit that the way in which he died was well written. It showed how nobel and brave he was.

!snap

11. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Don't worry about Vector Prime. I'm sure the EU will clone your character thousands of times. Can't wait to read about Chewbaaca, C'hewbacca, and C''he'ewbaaaaac'a.

12. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Welcome back, Mr. Mayhew!

//has a server droid wander around with a tray offering cookies and sandwiches for everyone in the thread

:)

Please, tell more about Bigfoot (what kind of film will it be?) And what other projects do you have in the hopper?

13. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    DarthZome, I like your Sansweet quote, being the purist that I am...

14. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
  15. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    Mr. Mayhew, I have to ask, what are your thoughts towards the Holiday Special? I personally think that it's cool that it was all about Chewie, and he got a family and all. :D

16. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Hi Mr. Mayhew. I'm happy to hear that you are going to be at the 2nd Celebration! Was there any particular reason you weren't at the first one?

BTW, I know that you were in Texas recently, you should make a trip to Waco, Texas, where Dr. Pepper was invented!

17. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Canon? Did someone mention canon? So you would consider yourself a canonist Mr. Mayhew?

18. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    It's good to see you back Peter. :)

You mentioned Australia in there somewhere, when abouts are you heading for our shores?

19. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    About Bigfoot, hmmm, I'm going to play the title role and it's a sci-fi thriller. Also, I will be doing a cameo role as myself in another independent film called Lot Jockeys, and I will be doing the voice of Klondike the Grizzly Bear in an animated project in Canada next year called NaturesGuard, look for several other Star Wars folks to be doing voices as well. Hmm, a wookiee, a bigfoot, and a grizzly bear. I'm being typecast in these big hairy roles..... what's a 7' 4" hairy guy to do??

20. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
  21. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    Actually, I hope it's ok for me to answer the question as to why I wasn't at the Episode I Celebration.....the reason is because I wasn't asked. And before you ask why, I don't know the answer, so we'll just leave it at that. But, I have already been contacted about the Episode II Celebration and am making plans. I think it's going to be one of the most fun events we've ever had.

22. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Celebration II is going to be great, no question.

!snap

23. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    Hi Peter,

Welcome back. Peter and his lovely wife Angie are honorary members of the DFW Fanforce chapters, and two of the sweetest people you'll meet. By the way you've not lived until you see Peter squeezing into a Pod for the Pod Racing arcade game. FYI it was a snug fit, and I guess he better stick to piloting larger ships. Jeremy Bullock on the other hand was an excellent pod racer. Check out the photo:

http://obscurity.com/ibmw/pix/gameworks2.jpg

Take care Peter and give Angie a hug from all of us.

24. PeterMayhew

Feb 6, 2001
    Australia and New Zealand are in April I believe. Armageddon is the name of one of them, hopefully someone from your country will post the particulars for me, if not, I'll go and look it up....**smiles**

25. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Great to see you back, and I?m glad you enjoyed your time on the convention track this summer and as always I'm glad to hear you're going to be in line for the second convention!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.