main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX WOOO!!!, HOOOO!!! we're batting a thousand

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Old-Jedi, Jan 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    Just got in from the Plano show. To those of you who where there, my humble thanks. This was a relatively small show, which we sort of expected since it was a one day event. We have a new Star Wars trivia champion, but I'll let him brag about that in his post. Now for the good news, first Ray Park in Austin, David Prowse at the last show, you can now add one Peter "Chewbacca" Mayhew to the list. Peter and his lovely wife Angelique dropped by the DFW Fanforce table for a chat(photos posted soon). They were great folks and very funny (white zinfindel for those of you who were there). Thanks again to those of you who came to the show, and if you couldn't be with us today, don't worry we've got some fun times coming up soon. Stay tuned :)

2. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Great to hear it was a lot of fun :) Geez.. I missed another one? <sighs> At least with Ray, I got to give him a copy of one of my drawings of him as Maulie....

LOL.. ah well.. I took it easy today.. it was much needed I think. I am getting excited to hear how things'll be going for the rest of the year tho' :)

take care..
    Cynthia

3. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Hail to the king, baby.

That's all for my gloating about being the official DFW Trivial Pursuit Guru. Chad and Stone were good losers (well, except where Chad tried to choke me, but to be fair, he was provoked).

Mr. Peter Mayhew and his wife were both wonderfully funny, down-to-earth people. Hopefully, we'll see them again at the next show they're at.

Good fun at a smaller show, in summary.

Oh, and Chad? You want some fudge, buddy? LOL!!!!!

4. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    LOL.. did anyone get any pictures of the mayhem that was your win, Kurgan? Sounds like Chad trying to choke you would've made for a good picture to show how exciting those trivia games can get ;)

LOL!

take care...
    cynth

5. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    Cynth... there is a picture of Brandon in the chokehold as Tim is congratulating him on his victory. From the "irony" department: The actual question came up (and I SWEAR, I didn't rig this): "What actor played Chewbacca?" On a PICTURE card, nonetheless. Go fig.

Great show, and we had a blast. I bought some comics, for the first time in FOREVER, and everything.

Brandon... Ewwwwwww. And damn them for putting that table right across from us.

6. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    are the piccies online? :)

oh yeah.. how was the toy "selection"? Any good stuff/deals?

I really was sorry that I didn't get to go. I probably could have made it for a short while at least because fortunately for me the worst I felt was that one night (and that was pretty bad.. me poor head), but I figured I really should just take it easy and I did get a few things done that needed to be done. Ah well.. next time I guess :)

take care
    Cynthia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.