main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Would Krayt let Vestara join the One Sith?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Tim Battershell, Oct 14, 2012.

1. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    But the GA was no longer the dominant government, as the Republic was during the time of the Sith Emperor and Ruin. And the Jedi were in hiding once again as they were during the reign of Palpatine. It goes Palpatine>Krayt>Sith Emperor, and Ruin's not even on the list.

2. LarryG

LarryG Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    As for Ship, if it follows the most powerful dark sider or is looking for students, why did it stay on Korriban for thousands of years dormant when there have always been Sith somewhere? Why did it need Ben to free it?

As for Vestara, I would like her to put the wounded Ship into hibernation and then go off to college somewhere and hang out with kids her age, going to classes and parties and learning how to be normal. That would be a unique twist in the SW universe.
    Maybe she will still be some kind of Sith. But I hope she will have some noble characteristics as well.

When Alema(the twilek) had accessed Darth Vectivus holicron, it had info about using financial manipulation. Alema thought it was useless info, but Ship said there are many ways to dominate.

Maybe Vestara could use her education and force ability and become a corporate raider and make tons of money. When the Jedi can no longer get govt funding, she could give them a loan:p

3. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i want to see Vestara redeemed. Well at least redeemed as much for her and Tahiri to become imperial knights

4. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    On the whole "Sith who have conquered the galaxy" conversation: would it be fair to say that, despite the fairly short reign, Palpatine is the only Sith to have ever gained total control of the galaxy? Possibly the only galactic institution period, besides the Rakata Infinite Empire? I'm not caught up on my Star Wars politics :(

5. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    Which is why I was saying that it would go Palpatine>Krayt>Sith Emperor. Palpatine most fully gained control of the galaxy, to the point that when he did it people who would later be rebels were part of his new empire. He did it overnight basically with few noticing the change. The Jedi were effectively destroyed, running scared because they never saw Order 66 coming, and he managed to turn the people against them as well. When Krayt did it, he was very open about it (Which as I once said in another thread is part of the reason his didn't last as long, and is due to the differing methods between the Order of the Sith Lords and the One Sith) There was rebellion from the start, because Emperor Fel was still alive, but the Jedi were still neutralized as a unit. However enough Jedi escaped that they were able to regroup fairly quickly. Then you have the Sith Emperor, and from what I understand he gained control of about half the galaxy, and managed to destroy the Jedi Temple. However he didn't conquer the capital and the Jedi were in no way neutralized. Many died when the temple fell, but they soon relocated to Tython. There was peace, but it was a tense one.

6. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I haven't read Legacy yet, so the details for Krayt's reign are still quite vague to me, though it seems his rule was much more in vain with the Sith Emperor (who never truly ruled more than his segment of the galaxy): subversion through brute force. Granted, the Sith Emperor was extremely patient about it, but given that he was immortal, he had plenty of time.

7. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    That's because he was more interested in killing the galaxy to become a god then ruling it

8. LarryG

Sep 4, 2012

Its because she heard this BTO song:

Yes I found out all the tricks of the trade
    And that there's only one way
    That you're gonna get things done
    I found out the only way to the top
    Is looking out for number one
    And that's me
    I'm looking out for number one
    :p

9. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    My original statement: I don't think he's trying to say that Krayt is equal to Palpatine. However, he's still 1 of only 2 Sith to ever achieve the ultimate goal and gain control of the galaxy.

Sith Emperor didn't destroy the Jedi, and he didn't gain control of the galaxy. His end plan was nice, and if it had worked then he'd have done it, but it didn't.

instantdeath i'd say so, though it was noted at at least one point that many non-Sith troops within Krayt's Empire were starting to fall under his sway and forget their alleigance to Roan Fel.

10. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    He didn't even gain total control. The alliance still coexisted in Hutt Space and Fel's Empire was still in existence

11. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    Fine. He controlled the majority of the galaxy. Still more than any other Sith save Palpatine.

12. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Did Palpatine run hutt space? I though he let them do whatever they wanted.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There's also the Unknown Regions- neither Thrawn nor the Chiss controlled much of it in Palpatine's day. But in the Krayt era the maps usually show the Chiss as controlling that territory.

Palpatine was tightening up a bit on Hutt Space during the later period of his reign- with his customs ships stopping Hutt-employed smugglers, and even threatening to devastate Nar Shaddaa.

14. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Probably trying to cut down on rebel aid. Certainly not because he had a problem with the slave and drug trade.

15. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Might have more to do with "Those drugs are MY drugs- quit stealing them off Kessel!"

Glitterstim specifically was very useful to Imperial interrogators- which was why it was so restricted.

16. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Ah the old cut out the middle man option.

17. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    More a case of cutting the thefts, smuggling, and so on down to a minimum- so all (or as close as he can manage) goes to the interrogators instead.

That said, he seemed a lot more tolerant of Xixor, in Shadows of the Empire.

18. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    Its always been my understanding that the Empire didn't do much to mess with Hutt Space. Maybe a few moffs here and there, but nothing major.

19. LarryG

Sep 4, 2012
    Vestara will say no to the tats because her culture rejected any permanent altering of the body. No tats, no One Sith membership card.

20. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    So it is looking like there might be another Lost Tribe out there!

21. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I see no reason why Vestara wouldn't join the One Sith, why they wouldn't let her join the One Sith, and why anyone would ever hear of Vestara again.

Her story is told.

22. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Apart from what the reported 'correction' to Apocalypse in ERC might be implying - if her story had been fully told, there'd be no need!

23. LarryG

Sep 4, 2012
    The 'correction' is on page 464 of ERC.

And hopefully her story is just getting started (really, is anyone's story ever fully told by the age of 17?)

24. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    I can totally see it making sense that Vestara would be taken to One Sith. While she may not know the utter most secrets of the Jedi Order there's lots of smaller things she's learnt that might not be useful to your average person but would make great notes for a Sith planning to to eliminate the Jedi. Little things she's learnt such as, their initial response to the way the Tribe did things, the exact plans they put together when planning to fight a large host of Sith, the interactions between various members of the Order (such as who are close to one another, who are distant to one another, who have very strong feelings for each other than can be played on to evoke a particular response), how they plan their operations ect would be extremely useful for someone looking to eradicate the entire Order. This becomes even more useful when you consider the possibility that Krayt's plans may have originally been set to happen much earlier than they do in Legacy but been delayed for what ever reason.

The kind of things Vestara has learnt just from being around them for so long are exactly the little details I would want to know if I was trying to plan something extremely elaborate. These aren't just military leaders looking for a quick victory against their enemy, these are Sith who want to gain complete control over the galaxy for the rest of time.

25. Parnesius

Parnesius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    I can't read the thread title without thinking of Calvin refusing to let Susie Derkins into the treehouse. Or, occasionally, an Order of the Stick page. But mainly Calvin and Hobbes.

So anyway, of course Krayt wouldn't let Vestara join. She's a girl. And if First Tiger Wyyrlok has a problem with this, he'll be demoted to Club Mascot.