main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wraith Squadron Fan Club

Discussion in 'Literature' started by hobbie6195, Nov 19, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matara_Healbo

Matara_Healbo Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2000
    I really haven't had much time to look for music for each character. I've been so busy reading "Daughter of the Forest" which is actually quit good after you get past the first 5 pages. For some reason when I think of Lara/Gara I can think of Stronger by that Spears girl. I don't know why I think it but it seems to fit her, along with Reflection from Mulan. As for the other Wraiths I'm not sure, for some reason Creed keeps creeping into my mind, along with The Corrs. I really can't listen to music at my work either, the guy I share an office with only likes classical, I like to too but there are some limits.

2. hobbie6195

hobbie6195 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 1999
    Hey guys!! Guess what i ordered last night!

Give up? A Wraith Squadron patch! Richie's Armor is custom making it for me. I'm really into SW replica props and costume, and i think i'll do a Wraith costume, using a black flight suit.

3. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    cool. where's this place making the patch? they gotta site?

I just re-read wraith squadron, just for the record. Starting on iron fist again today.

4. hobbie6195

Nov 10, 1999
    http://www.moodysystems.com/richarmor/main2.htm

5. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    Maybe with that patch LFL will decide the Wraiths are great and decide to finally do something with them. Like oh let me think, a game perhaps.

6. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I just got back from my first book club today. I now most of you really don't care but hey no one else seems to be posting anything. The book we read was Daughter of the Forest. Next month it is my turn to chose the book we are going to read. I told them A Hero Born by MAS, do any of you have any suggestions for a different book? I mean it's been almost 18 month since I last read it. What books are you all interested in, besides Star Wars? I have a week to change my mind about this so if you have any ideas either PM me or post it here. Thank you again.

Matara:)

7. Qui-Gonn Jinn

Qui-Gonn Jinn Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 1999
    Wraith squadron is awesome...

8. Tyria_Sarkin

Tyria_Sarkin Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    Matara, I just finished reading Zahn's Icarus Hunt a few days ago and it was pretty good. Other than that I haven't read much sci-fi outside of Star Wars so I don't really know of any good books to suggest. :(

Okay, this has absolutely nothing to do with the Wraiths but I just thought you guys might get a kick out of this. I went to a dog show yesterday and several of the dogs had Star Wars related names. There was a Basset Hound called Luke Skywalker, a Basenji called Dark Vader and a German Shepherd whose father was named Return of the Jedi. There were also at least one or two dogs with the words "Jedi" or "Skywalker" in their names and a dog with "Padme" in her name. No Wraith related names that I noticed, but I could have just missed it; there were tons of dogs there.

9. hobbie6195

Nov 10, 1999
    Matara- Have you read Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card? That's one of my favorite books. It ranks up there with the Wraith books. ;)

10. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    Hobbie, I haven't read the book but my friends in the book club have both read it so they decided we are not going to read it. I might pick it up and read it that way we have other things to talk about. I do suggest to all all of you to read Daughter of the Forest. There is a part in there that the girls might feel a little uncomfortable with and the guys I hope can feel sympathy towards the character. I'm still sticking with A Hero Born, only because my family has 9 weddings to decorate in March so there really is no time for me to get into a new book. Thanks for the ideas, I was also thinking of Icarus Hunt because I've heard that it is really good. Well I chose the next book for June so I'm still greatful for the suggestions, if you have any either post them or PM me.:)

11. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    Gee where did we all go?

12. Demon_Lord_Piccolo

Demon_Lord_Piccolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2001
    I'm just finishing the first Wraith book and I think they're great. I didn't think anything could beat the Rogues but now it looks like I was proved wrong. I can connect with the Wraiths better than the Rogues for some reason. The humor probably has a lot to do with it. Now don't get me wrong, the Rogues are great, too. I can't wait till Allston's NJO titles come out.

13. Feylis

Feylis Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2001
    Ahhhhhhhh!!!! I just found this thread! Uh, I just wanted to say that the Wraiths totally rock and I love them!

14. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I would just like to say the wraiths are the best and I can't wait for Allston's NJO book!

I haven't read SoA yet but I plan on it soon.

15. Tyria_Sarkin

Tyria_Sarkin Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    Just saw in the books section here that Allston himself confirmed the Wraiths will be back in his NJO duology. I can't wait!

princess_of_naboo - SoA is really good! Read it soon!

16. hobbie6195

Nov 10, 1999
    I searched and searched for this thread, and couldnt find it. Hmm.. :)

BTW, here is a pic of my Wraith patch. I sent the pic to Aaron Allston, and he said it was cool. :)

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1232967&a=9100167&p=42891322

17. Demon_Lord_Piccolo

Demon_Lord_Piccolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2001
    Really? It's confirmed that the Wraiths are going to be in Allston's dulogy? Cool!

18. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    Hobbie that's a cool patch. Did you come up with design or was it in one of the books? I can't remember it's been awhile since I've read the books.

19. hobbie6195

Nov 10, 1999
    Thanks!

Yes, the description is in the very beginning of Solo Command, when Piggy is in Ackbar's office. Also, there are pics of it on Allston's site and http://www.rebelpilots.com

20. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    So do you have to order it on-line or what? I wonder if the Insider will decide to pick up on it. They already have merchandise of the Rogues why not the Wraiths?

21. hobbie6195

Nov 10, 1999
    I had it custom made for me from Richie's Armor:

http://www.moodysystems.com/richarmor/main2.htm

The guys there are great. I just ordered a Wes Janson helmet from them last week. :)

22. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    So Hobbie how much did the patch cost? I'm sort of tight with money, you get in one little fender bender and your insuarance sky rockets. I would love to get one.

23. hobbie6195

Nov 10, 1999
    It cost me $30, since it is so detailed. But it's definitely worth the price, no doubt about it.

E-mail Steve at Laboyteaux@aol.com if you want one.

24. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    Thanks I'll probably get one with one of my tax returns.

25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I'm stil here. I kinda let this thread go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.